What's the loudest cassette??

Related:
Create New Tag

11/22/2010 3:33 PM

So i'm looking for a loud cassette, anyone know wich is the loudest?? Or like the top loudest ones??

|

11/22/2010 3:34 PM

why?

|

look at cupovjoes signature ~bike check~ i love shadow smile

11/22/2010 3:37 PM

mirraco rida' wrote:

why?

Because I love the sounds of a loud cassette..I have the oddessey hazzard V3 and it's decently loud, but I want a louder one haha

|

11/22/2010 3:39 PM

why the fuck do u want a loud hub?!
this is the loudest one ever known to mankind: http://www.danscomp.com/429041.php?cat=PARTS

(jk)

|

11/22/2010 3:39 PM

.....profile, rant , or a mix are very loud.. so you think loud cassettes make you look cooler? or you just like the sound?.....

|

Bike Check!!!!!!!

Im a peruvian motherfucker

11/22/2010 3:40 PM

narvaez bmx wrote:

.....profile, rant , or a mix are very loud.. so you think loud cassettes make you look cooler? or you just like the ...more

profile, primo, chris king

|

refs: Spikez5, cokacola, dacumup213 (x2), josh estey, Blake El Gingero, naters14, Harry95, pcoco, hattrckhcky, bstick, kevinl, Sunday.bmx21, dgisback, iridebmxeveryday, I RIDE

11/22/2010 3:41 PM

S1CKLY SK1LLED wrote:

this is the loudest one ever known to mankind: ...more

lololol

|

Bike Check!!!!!!!

Im a peruvian motherfucker

11/22/2010 3:42 PM

profile elite, chris king

|

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

11/22/2010 3:45 PM

it really doesn't matter.... the hub you have is a sick hub

I think the loudest is the wetepeople supreme

|

11/22/2010 3:50 PM

narvaez bmx wrote:

.....profile, rant , or a mix are very loud.. so you think loud cassettes make you look cooler? or you just like the ...more

I just like the sound..my riding makes me look cool enough haha

|

11/22/2010 3:58 PM

Take all the grease out of your odyssey. There you go, of course the pawls will die but atleast it'll be loud :D

|

[LINK TO IMAGE] 
Just for the record, when I got my BTM... It wasn't "Trendy"

11/22/2010 4:10 PM

poverty cassete

|

11/22/2010 4:15 PM

S1CKLY SK1LLED wrote:

there actaully really loud

|

i cracked my b-rad therefor i am a cool kitty cat!
facebook

my baby deliyla

11/22/2010 4:19 PM

U r a stupid queer who likes cock in his ass.

|

MY NAME IS NOLAN, NOT JIM
MOTW 06/28/10 - 07/04/10
Refs: spikez5, dallybiker45

11/22/2010 4:48 PM

Gatdammit. Another one. FUCK LOUD HUBS!!!

I'm going to get the quietest hub I can possibly find just to try and start a new trend.

|

"I've had the 2 greatest corn dogs of my life, and I owe it all to BMX."

11/22/2010 4:51 PM

khe astern is loud

|

█▄█ █▀█ █▀█ █▀█ █▀ █▀
█▀█ █▄█ █▀▀ █▄█ █▀ █▀

ref-spikez5

11/22/2010 4:55 PM

*facepalm

|

11/22/2010 8:17 PM

profile the old ones are even loader or you can get a chris king thats the loadest ive heard

|

bike check http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/Bike-Checks,27/ONE-TOUGHT-PODRE,1235558

[LINK TO IMAGE]

refs: fitbikeco77, iridebmxeveryday, nickkkk, floka myers, tinybikerider33, bmxihb321, beastassdick, lee rager

11/22/2010 8:43 PM

chris king
wtp supreme
raptor
teck

|

Check Profile for 24 Refs!

Chicago BMX Video!!

11/22/2010 8:51 PM

Are you fucking serious? Why can't you just ride your fucking bike instead of being a little bitch about how loud your hub is? I fucking hate people like you. I bet you can't even hob up a curb but yet you wear nothing but bmx shirts to school, skinny jeans and let me guess...vans? Then you make up lies about how you 3'd a car or some ridiculous shit like that. Then you have a picture of your bike as your wall paper on your phone. You probably say you are sponsored and try to impress girls with all your lies. Is that a fucking footjam in your picture? Nice fucking trick. Get the fuck off of vital.
Have a nice fucking day.

|

vital's redneck

11/22/2010 9:17 PM

BLRBMX wrote:

Are you fucking serious? Why can't you just ride your fucking bike instead of being a little bitch about how loud your hub is? ...more

Bahaha there was a kid here that did EXACTLY that. Told me he was doing hop bars and whips, kid couldn't 180.

Also kept lying about degreasing his hub to make it louder, then brought it into the shop to get me to fix the damage. Retarded.

Basically who cared if your hub is loud? Your Odyssey is a great hub. buying one because it is loud is a stupid reason.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/22/2010 9:24 PM

catfish95 wrote:

Is the Elite loud?

And anyone know how much it is? And is that the one with Instant engagement?

|

11/22/2010 9:27 PM

BLRBMX wrote:

Are you fucking serious? Why can't you just ride your fucking bike instead of being a little bitch about how loud your hub is? ...more

dave lawrence wrote:

Bahaha there was a kid here that did EXACTLY that. Told me he was doing hop bars and whips, kid couldn't 180.

Also kept lying ...more

Hahah! Same here dude! this kid told me he can flair but he can't get out if it? Then i saw him riding one day and he was doing footjams and trying to hop up curbs. He tried this "gap" which was a curb and it was about a foot wide, he nose dived and busted his chin open and got stitches.

I hate when people degrease their hubs then get mad when it's fucked up.

|

vital's redneck

11/22/2010 9:32 PM

Profile love mine

|

Refs On Profile +28 from vital bmx
+6 from tcub

11/22/2010 9:33 PM

catfish95 wrote:

bmx_is_rad wrote:

Is the Elite loud?

Dammit Jarrod! Not you too!

|

vital's redneck

11/22/2010 9:35 PM

S1CKLY SK1LLED wrote:

collinbikesalot wrote:

there actaully really loud

really? most freecoasters i've seen were super quiet.

|

11/22/2010 9:36 PM

catfish95 wrote:

bmx_is_rad wrote:

Is the Elite loud?

BLRBMX wrote:

Dammit Jarrod! Not you too!

hahah fuck yes its loud
its like 400 and has like 200 points of engagement so pretty much instant.
do it you wont!

|

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

11/22/2010 9:37 PM

|

vital's redneck

11/22/2010 9:37 PM

The khe one is louder than a profile..

My friend has one and when hes riding he cant hear what im saying to him

|

BIKE CHECK ♥
Albe's is where it's at!
Chicago, Illinois, - Deep up in the ghetto.

11/22/2010 9:38 PM

catfish95 wrote:

bmx_is_rad wrote:

Is the Elite loud?

** ALMOST INSTANT**

It is close to instant, but having instant engagement is bad if you ever do any 180's or lad going backwards.

Taken from an article by George French, G-sport owner/designer guy:

"On the same subject; have you ever noticed how cassettes and freewheels are often advertised as having many more pawls or teeth for; “faster engagement” ? Who asked for this? Why is it a GOOD thing?

The truth is that faster engagement can be a real pain in the arse… literally.

A few years ago, as an experiment, I made a prototype hub that used a ‘one way roller bearing’. One way roller bearings are a type of very expensive needle roller bearing where each roller sits on a little ramp held against it and the outer shell by a tiny spring. In one direction it sort of rolls and in the other it jams up INSTANTLY. The hub has literally “zero slack”. It felt amazing.

Going forward it made no clicks, was absolutely silent and smooth as hell.

Going backward, even a little bit, it just threw you off the bike.

It may seem hard to believe, but with an ordinary freewheel or cassette hub you get a fraction of a second to absorb any backward landing, before it asks you to back-pedal.

With the roller hub the very moment that the back tyre touches down it forces the front pedal up at you super hard. But at the moment of landing you also have to be coping with the forces of your landing.

In other words, with a normal set-up you land, on both pedals and then start pedaling back. With the roller hub you land on two pedals where the front pedal is coming up at you twice as hard as the back pedal which is trying to retreat from under your foot. The result of all this is that it blows you straight off the bike and onto your arse…

The experience of the roller-bearing hub taught me that some slack in the drive-train is essential, so why are companies bragging about having reduced it nearly to zero?!?!

Obviously too much slack can be a pain too but there is definitely a “right amount”. Don’t be impressed by claims of near instant or instant engagement; at the starting gate it may be a help, but on street it’s totally counter-productive."

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura