Whats the proper 180 technique?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/21/2014 2:38 PM

is it like a pull and spin as hard as you can, or more like a clean bronco and then spin? It seems like i want to just yank and turn and i landed one this way but it seems like if i went into a turn from a bronco it would be the proper way. just need some advice thanks

|

10/21/2014 2:51 PM

The proper 180 technique is to not use the word bronco ever again. Ever. Not ever. Never.

|

10/21/2014 3:20 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

The proper 180 technique is to not use the word bronco ever again. Ever. Not ever. Never.

Where did Bronco even come from? lol

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

10/21/2014 3:37 PM

The only way I'd give a shit about the origin is if someone gave me a time machine so I could back in time and stop whoever coined that term from giving it that name.

A j-hop, bronco hop, pro-hop, and whatever else, are fucking stupid. In my opinion at least, and a lot of others will agree.

|

10/21/2014 3:57 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

The only way I'd give a shit about the origin is if someone gave me a time machine so I could back in time and stop whoever ...more

This times ten fucking thousand. And to clear it up for OP, proper technique is to pull up your front tire first, then your back tire

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

10/21/2014 4:49 PM

When I was a kid all the older dudes would say a footjam on flat to stop was a bronco...This one dude I know would argue that a hop was called a "pro hop" .. Dude was all argumentative about it and shit. HAHAA!

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

10/21/2014 5:36 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Lmao

|

Fit wifi, slam bars, demolition stem, shadow seat post, peddals,sprocket ,captive forks.
profile 3 pc cranks, profile mini hubs, odyssey 7ka rims , fit faf white wallz.

10/22/2014 10:19 AM

The Horror Contact wrote:

When I was a kid all the older dudes would say a footjam on flat to stop was a bronco...This one dude I know would argue that ...more

Stopping with the back wheel in the air was an endo, no matter how you got there.
A front Manual was a rolling endo.

No clue when a rolling endo became a front manual or stoppie mainstream wise.

There has been morons calling bunnyhops, J-hops and broncos since the early 80s.
Primarily so they felt they knew more tricks I guess.

|

10/22/2014 12:21 PM

Bronco Hop....

|

10/22/2014 12:28 PM

The Horror Contact wrote:

When I was a kid all the older dudes would say a footjam on flat to stop was a bronco...This one dude I know would argue that ...more

Wayne S wrote:

Stopping with the back wheel in the air was an endo, no matter how you got there.
A front Manual was a rolling endo.

No ...more

You mean nose manual...

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

10/22/2014 12:45 PM

Pop and pull and look behind you. Pretty simple. 180s are the easiest thing.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

10/22/2014 1:58 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

10/22/2014 3:53 PM

Watch my video on YouTube :D

And don't ever call it a Bronco ever again :D
How to 180 with Charles Blood

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

10/26/2014 9:34 PM

I just NEVER ever get comfortable with spins, for the love of God.... They scare me shitless sometimes, especially after I tried to 180 a 2 foot drop after the first few months of learning 180's, where I under-rotated and hit my head on the ground a bit. Being goofy-footed makes it hard for sure, but even then, people who are goofy-footed do it totally like nothing, and they don't do it off-axis like I do most of the time (where you don't 180 straight). Manual 180's are even worse to learn than 3's for me, and don't even get me started on 3's, lol.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

10/26/2014 9:58 PM

I made a 180 How To for idiots like this . Go look for it.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short