What's the "right" way to do tricks?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/16/2015 7:49 PM

I ride left foot foreward. Which way (clockwise, counter clockwise, left, right) would a "normal" rider thriw these tricks?
Spins
Bars
Whips
Tables
Turndowns

|

9/16/2015 8:05 PM

The "proper" way for a left foot forward person to do those would be

spins=clockwise
bars=counterclockwise
whips=clockwise
tables=with the left side of your bike facing up
turndowns=turning the bars clockwise, as you turndown to your back foot.

|

9/16/2015 8:44 PM

Spins are away from your front foot

Bars are thrown with the hand on the same side as front foot

Whips are kicked with back foot

Grinds are done on the same side as front foot

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

9/16/2015 10:07 PM

As long as it isn't an Indian or a 90 who the fuck cares

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/17/2015 3:39 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

Whips are kicked with ...more

you lost me at "Grinds are done on the same side as front foot"

|

9/17/2015 5:10 AM

Well I'm left forward i grind right, throw bars with right, spin right, and kick whips with right foot. There's really no proper way just what feels comfortable to you

|

9/17/2015 8:08 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

Whips are kicked with ...more

tecnic1 wrote:

you lost me at "Grinds are done on the same side as front foot"

*regular

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

9/17/2015 8:54 AM

There is no right way, only do.

|

9/17/2015 9:04 AM

Fun. That is the correct way...FUN!

www.albes.com

|

9/17/2015 9:31 AM

Grind on both sides.

|

9/18/2015 9:34 PM

Well, a "normal" rider, as you say, would do it this way:

Spins - Clockwise
Barspins - Counter
Tailwhips - Counter
Tables - Your left foot will be the one on top of the bike as you table
Turndowns - Turn bars clockwise and your frame will shift counterclockwise

HOWEVER, a bunch of my locals (myself included) feel that our barspins and tabletops are more natural to go against the "normal way" of doing it. I think there's no right and wrong to the tricks, just learn them the most comfortable way.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

9/19/2015 7:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/19/2015 7:15 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

As long as it isn't an Indian or a 90 who the fuck cares

Photo

This is an Indian. I think you mean "Indian Giver" aka unwinding your spin, and honestly, who cares? Does it really affect anything? Especially with a longer fakie. I could see if it was an immediate turn around the second a 180 was landed, but if someone 180'd clockwise, rolled fakie a while then turned around counter clockwise it doesn't matter.

Another thing that annoys me with BMX is that you get harassed for not landing everything perfect to these magical perfectionist standards, perfect on pedals, no unwinding anything, and you have to look super stylish. You could literally do a fakie bar to bar to whip down el toro, and if you landed one foot just slightly off the pedal, it somehow doesn't count as "landed", and if you had a coaster that would be "cheating".

Everyone says to lighten up and have fun, and then everyone is super anal about style and how you land things. If you aren't landing perfect, they give you shit. It's so hypocritical.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura