What's up with vital?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/16/2011 3:00 PM

well I come back and see that everything has changed my threads keep getting moved anyone wanna tell me why?

|

Live Love RIDE

BMX isn't just a hobby it's a LIFESTYLE

Ride OR Die

1/16/2011 3:02 PM

Your thread is being moved because it has nothing to do with BMX, vital had some upgrades to the backend making things faster.

|

1/16/2011 3:02 PM

Several new rules went into effect by order of the Administrators, and the moderators are putting them where they are now supposed to go.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/16/2011 3:02 PM

there has been an update which changed a lot of stuff visually

and there are certain mods hell bent on keeping this place tidy therefore moving more threads than before

|

1/16/2011 3:03 PM

Okay well fuck the new mods this is gay

|

Live Love RIDE

BMX isn't just a hobby it's a LIFESTYLE

Ride OR Die

1/16/2011 3:05 PM

FitBikesCo wrote:

Okay well fuck the new mods this is gay

they aren't new they have just taken up crack or something.

Did SEANmles post just get deleted?

|

1/16/2011 3:06 PM

FitBikesCo wrote:

Okay well fuck the new mods this is gay

Booshy wrote:

they aren't new they have just taken up crack or something.

Did SEANmles post just get deleted?

yea, they hate me

|

1/16/2011 3:08 PM

FitBikesCo wrote:

Okay well fuck the new mods this is gay

Booshy wrote:

they aren't new they have just taken up crack or something.

Did SEANmles post just get deleted?

Oh well they need to calm the fuck down

|

Live Love RIDE

BMX isn't just a hobby it's a LIFESTYLE

Ride OR Die

1/16/2011 3:10 PM

FitBikesCo wrote:

Okay well fuck the new mods this is gay

Booshy wrote:

they aren't new they have just taken up crack or something.

Did SEANmles post just get deleted?

SEANimal757 wrote:

yea, they hate me

talk about freedom of speech...

I have nothing against anyone on vital seeing as I don't know them in person and what not... but a mod or two are tickling my pickle in the wrong way recently

|

1/16/2011 5:54 PM

FitBikesCo wrote:

Oh well they need to calm the fuck down

ive been arguing this point for three weeks now with no luck

|

"The ratio of hours of building and maintaining trails is astronomically skewed in the wrong direction, but the pay off is indescribably worth it."

1/16/2011 8:17 PM

Retarded moving shit.

|

1/16/2011 9:14 PM

The admins that don't have a single clue what is best are trying to fix things in a very unsatisfying way.

They won't utilize the only sensible solution either. They are idiots. All of em but Seth and twisted. The other ones just dont want to help.

|

MY NAME IS NOLAN, NOT JIM
MOTW 06/28/10 - 07/04/10
Refs: spikez5, dallybiker45

1/16/2011 9:46 PM

Alright guys, I have seen enough "Mod" bashing. Quite literally when we move something, it is because the Admins are telling us how to organize things (even if we don't agree). Personally I find it a little ridiculous the way things are being done, but please understand, we are just doing what we are told.


I stated in another thread that I feel it would be better for the Admins to shut the forums down for a couple days, clean everything/change everything to how they want (it is inevitable) and then reopen the fresh new setup. It would be a lot easier than seeing the 50 new threads a day that basically say "This is gay, mods are fucking stupid" etc on top of the usual chatter.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/16/2011 9:51 PM

We realize you are just doing as your told but you aren't really trying to help out the situation either. In reality you are justmaking it worse. No offense tho. I know you aren't trying to.

|

MY NAME IS NOLAN, NOT JIM
MOTW 06/28/10 - 07/04/10
Refs: spikez5, dallybiker45

1/16/2011 9:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/16/2011 10:01 PM

senorita jim wrote:

We realize you are just doing as your told but you aren't really trying to help out the situation either. In reality you are justmaking it worse. No offense tho. I know you aren't trying to.

I actually haven't moved too much lately, so I really haven't made anything worse. Typically I was just removing those "Buy shoes at cheap prices" threads and profiles, and if there was any horrid posts or duplicate posts, I would clean them out. Outside of that I haven't done much, as all the info I was given was just posted in a thread when you guys asked Bloghogs or Twisted. I found out through them about everything.

And honestly I am trying to stay neutral. There will always be drama from members in some way, and if I stay neutral I don't end up in a battle on either side. I have been trying to offer decent suggestions to aid in making the site more user friendly, and believe me, if I had more authority than I do (admin) I would be utilizing many of the suggestions I have seen and stated myself.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/16/2011 9:59 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Alright guys, I have seen enough "Mod" bashing. Quite literally when we move something, it is because the Admins are telling us how to organize things (even if we don't agree). Personally I find it a little ridiculous the way things are being done, but please understand, we are just doing what we are told.


I stated in another thread that I feel it would be better for the Admins to shut the forums down for a couple days, clean everything/change everything to how they want (it is inevitable) and then reopen the fresh new setup. It would be a lot easier than seeing the 50 new threads a day that basically say "This is gay, mods are fucking stupid" etc on top of the usual chatter.

do you even get paid for being a mod? babysitting for free?

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

1/16/2011 10:06 PM

getskyhigh wrote:

do you even get paid for being a mod? babysitting for free?

Nope, I don't receive any benefits aside from the "authority" in the forums. I am on a volunteer basis. There is a small part of me that wants to just remove myself as a mod, but honestly it is kinda cool to say that I help (in whatever way it may be) contribute to something in the BMX world aside from working at a shop and helping with decent-ish posts.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/16/2011 10:08 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Alright guys, I have seen enough "Mod" bashing. Quite literally when we move something, it is because the Admins are telling us how to organize things (even if we don't agree). Personally I find it a little ridiculous the way things are being done, but please understand, we are just doing what we are told.


I stated in another thread that I feel it would be better for the Admins to shut the forums down for a couple days, clean everything/change everything to how they want (it is inevitable) and then reopen the fresh new setup. It would be a lot easier than seeing the 50 new threads a day that basically say "This is gay, mods are fucking stupid" etc on top of the usual chatter.

getskyhigh wrote:

do you even get paid for being a mod? babysitting for free?

dave lawrence wrote:

Nope, I don't receive any benefits aside from the "authority" in the forums. I am on a volunteer basis. There is a small part of me that wants to just remove myself as a mod, but honestly it is kinda cool to say that I help (in whatever way it may be) contribute to something in the BMX world aside from working at a shop and helping with decent-ish posts.

oh at first being a mod sounds chill but now it sounds like you're working like taking care of people posting up stupid shit and threads being moved

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

1/16/2011 10:15 PM

getskyhigh wrote:

oh at first being a mod sounds chill but now it sounds like you're working like taking care of people posting up stupid shit and threads being moved

It was great until all this thread-moving nonsense going on. Now we have to post things where they want us to, not where it fits best. On top of that, you have all the members getting irate about something the Moderators have little control over (but are trying to work with the Admins to come to a compromise).

It has become rather stressful, which is why I am debating "un-modding" myself and calling it a day. Then I don't have to deal with any of the B.S. going on.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/16/2011 10:17 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Nope, I don't receive any benefits aside from the "authority" in the forums. I am on a volunteer basis. There is a small part of me that wants to just remove myself as a mod, but honestly it is kinda cool to say that I help (in whatever way it may be) contribute to something in the BMX world aside from working at a shop and helping with decent-ish posts.

getskyhigh wrote:

oh at first being a mod sounds chill but now it sounds like you're working like taking care of people posting up stupid shit and threads being moved

dave lawrence wrote:

It was great until all this thread-moving nonsense going on. Now we have to post things where they want us to, not where it fits best. On top of that, you have all the members getting irate about something the Moderators have little control over (but are trying to work with the Admins to come to a compromise).

It has become rather stressful, which is why I am debating "un-modding" myself and calling it a day. Then I don't have to deal with any of the B.S. going on.

word
only reason to get on here is for bmx not taking care of people and moving threads

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

1/16/2011 10:24 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Alright guys, I have seen enough "Mod" bashing. Quite literally when we move something, it is because the Admins are telling us how to organize things (even if we don't agree). Personally I find it a little ridiculous the way things are being done, but please understand, we are just doing what we are told.


I stated in another thread that I feel it would be better for the Admins to shut the forums down for a couple days, clean everything/change everything to how they want (it is inevitable) and then reopen the fresh new setup. It would be a lot easier than seeing the 50 new threads a day that basically say "This is gay, mods are fucking stupid" etc on top of the usual chatter.

getskyhigh wrote:

do you even get paid for being a mod? babysitting for free?

dave lawrence wrote:

Nope, I don't receive any benefits aside from the "authority" in the forums. I am on a volunteer basis. There is a small part of me that wants to just remove myself as a mod, but honestly it is kinda cool to say that I help (in whatever way it may be) contribute to something in the BMX world aside from working at a shop and helping with decent-ish posts.

David Boyd got free clothing, get on that gravy train.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

1/16/2011 10:39 PM

senorita jim wrote:

We realize you are just doing as your told but you aren't really trying to help out the situation either. In reality you are justmaking it worse. No offense tho. I know you aren't trying to.

dave lawrence wrote:

I actually haven't moved too much lately, so I really haven't made anything worse. Typically I was just removing those "Buy shoes at cheap prices" threads and profiles, and if there was any horrid posts or duplicate posts, I would clean them out. Outside of that I haven't done much, as all the info I was given was just posted in a thread when you guys asked Bloghogs or Twisted. I found out through them about everything.

And honestly I am trying to stay neutral. There will always be drama from members in some way, and if I stay neutral I don't end up in a battle on either side. I have been trying to offer decent suggestions to aid in making the site more user friendly, and believe me, if I had more authority than I do (admin) I would be utilizing many of the suggestions I have seen and stated myself.

Alright we dont really know who moves the threads so my bad haha

but your last part is soooo true. They honostly are just ignoring everything they say or telling us no.

|

MY NAME IS NOLAN, NOT JIM
MOTW 06/28/10 - 07/04/10
Refs: spikez5, dallybiker45

1/17/2011 11:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2011 11:22 AM

,

|

Live Love RIDE

BMX isn't just a hobby it's a LIFESTYLE

Ride OR Die