What's your favourite frame of all time?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/24/2013 2:58 PM

List specs if can and give some reasons why you consider it your favourite frame of all time.

|

6/24/2013 3:06 PM

Fly Tierra
Fly Mosca 2

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/24/2013 3:11 PM

Four wrote:

Fly Tierra
Fly Mosca 2

reasons why they are your favourite frames?

|

6/24/2013 3:15 PM

The Fit Ed was one of the most progressive Street frames of its time i was in love with that frame in my younger years.

The Fit Series 3 was the beginning of all the modern frames you see today it really pushed the limits of geometry.

One more Fit... The Benny L Frame is pretty much my favorite street frame ever! It is an amazing Tech geometry based Frame.

Sundays, you cannot forget Sundays. They changed the game! Wave down tube, hollow drop outs, badass wishbone.

Kink Issue V2. I own one & the features are spectacular. Much like the Sunday, Hollow Drop Outs with Integrated Chain Tensioners, Fully Heat Treated, Post Weld & Heat Treated Machined Head Tube & BB. Decent Style Removable Brake Mounts.

Fly Tierra, That frame also changed the game! Super Low Stand Over Height, Steep Head Tube Angle, Super Short Chain Stays. All the Features Fly are known for, Fancy Removable Mounts etc. The Tierra basically gave birth to the modern tech street frame.

S&M WTF. Once again this is an Industry leading design. Short head tube & fork legs to really change up how the frame felt with enclosed drop outs. Its a really interesting frame & a shame it seems not a lot have been sold.

The New Wethepeople Frames are fucking STACKED! I mean Hydroformed Tubing, Offset Butting, Swish Removable Mounts, Invest Cast Seat Clamp, Seat & Chain Stay Bridges, Invest Cast Hollow Drop Outs with Integrated Tensioners. One of THE best technologically advanced frames ever made me thinks.

Theres a few Flatland Frames the deserve a mention but i don't really know any Flatlanders on here. But things like the St Martin Footjam Frame Super High Bottom Bracket, Drop Outs Welded on the inside so there is better foot clearance on the rear pegs. Zion Focus frame featuring Taper Lock Drop Outs. Unfortunately they are stopping production of them but the Odyssey Flatware Frames were SO well thought out & manufactured i am disappointed they are no more.

|

6/24/2013 3:20 PM

Topsey wrote:

The Fit Ed was one of the most progressive Street frames of its time i was in love with that frame in my younger years.

The ...more

I just learned alot

|

6/24/2013 3:21 PM

Four wrote:

Fly Tierra
Fly Mosca 2

Brownboys wrote:

reasons why they are your favourite frames?

Tierras are just the fucking sweetest frame. And the mosca because it was my first bike I got and it's pretty good for any type of riding. I like any fly frame really, not a fan of a lot of other companies other than Mutiny, Federal, Fit and T-1.

|

6/24/2013 6:12 PM

Sunday New Wave.

|

Bike-curious.

6/24/2013 7:37 PM

Umm i liked the S&M Sabbath frame a lot. The Haro Backtrail series of frames. all because the geo was new back then, a lot different than others. That changed the Geo game for sure. I dont want to repeat anything Topsey said really, he is right. haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/24/2013 8:15 PM

My Mac has been the best frame ive rode to date!

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

6/24/2013 8:26 PM

Old school Mongoose's from late 70's has wishbone style ss/cs, as well as big plate gussets. I love my Redlines investment cast dropouts, and how they attach to the frame is great. I love the G7's geo, post weld heat treated and shot peened, as well as the fact that its coated against corrosion inside and out. I would but another one of these frames in a heart beat, although my next frame may be a Soundwave just because the Geo is close, but I'd like to have one.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

6/24/2013 9:25 PM

Fbm angel of death..........fucken slayer rules and that frame was badass

|

6/24/2013 10:19 PM

Here's a list of Frames I would like to own, and never sell. However I wouldn't build them all up, as that would be expensive:
OG Terrible One Barcode (Raw)
Current Terrible One Barcode (Raw)
S&M ATFids
Sunday Ian Schwartz (preferably Post-it Note Yellow)
Sunday OG
Subrosa DTT (Party Splatter)

|

6/25/2013 1:00 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Fbm angel of death..........fucken slayer rules and that frame was badass

lol that frame was badass, i almost bought a 21" one a few months back...

i also liked the backtrail because thats what i grew up on

and the eastern hercules, just because i think it looks sick

and my liquor liteweight, i really like the geo and i love the martini laser etching lol

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

6/25/2013 6:25 AM

Gotta agree with the angel of death....

My favorite frame was The Take Ivy 3, it just fit me perfectly

|

6/25/2013 7:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/25/2013 7:24 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Here's a list of Frames I would like to own, and never sell. However I wouldn't build them all up, as that would be expensive: ...more

I had a Post-it Note Yellow Ian : D It was pretty cool if you weren't in the Uk you coulda bought it, I sold it on here cheap as fuck haha.

|

6/25/2013 8:10 AM

Topsey wrote:

The ...more

Brownboys wrote:

I just learned alot

Me too, I think I just gained like 5 BMX IQ points

|

Whatever you do, make sure you and the people you love are happy.
Whatever you do, make sure you enjoy life.
Whatever you do, make sure you never have any regrets.

6/25/2013 11:36 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Here's a list of Frames I would like to own, and never sell. However I wouldn't build them all up, as that would be expensive: ...more

Four wrote:

I had a Post-it Note Yellow Ian : D It was pretty cool if you weren't in the Uk you coulda bought it, I sold it on here cheap ...more

May I ask how much you sold it for?

|

6/25/2013 11:38 AM

Topsey wrote:

The ...more

Although it's a shame, the end of production of Flatware frames was kind of inevitable after Deco hooked up Terry Adams.

|

6/25/2013 11:40 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Four wrote:

I had a Post-it Note Yellow Ian : D It was pretty cool if you weren't in the Uk you coulda bought it, I sold it on here cheap ...more

BMX_Forever wrote:

May I ask how much you sold it for?

Sure, 100 shipped with chain and bb haha. Payed 30ish for shipping.

|

6/25/2013 11:42 AM

I haven't really ridden that many frames but the Aitken s3.5 I had before my deathrow was probably the best feeling frame Ive had

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

6/25/2013 11:43 AM

I forgot T-1 haha I have a HUGE love for them. I have a 21.25" S&M made SFA right now. Whilst they don't have anything that make them stand out from the crowd Terrible One have been around for many, many moons & Joe is one of the nicest guys in BMX. Buy a T-1 you are set for life. Excellent Geometry (Probably considered Mid School now) Beautiful Looks, Thicker, Stronger Tubing & whilst they don't advertise a warranty i can almost guarantee you break a T-1 Joe will replace it.

|

6/25/2013 1:40 PM

Angel of death. Fbm is full of what bmx really is. They are basically bmx patriots.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

6/25/2013 1:41 PM

future FBM wrote:

Angel of death. Fbm is full of what bmx really is. They are basically bmx patriots.

I just imagined Steve Crandall as a pilgrim LOL.

|

6/25/2013 2:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/25/2013 2:04 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Although it's a shame, the end of production of Flatware frames was kind of inevitable after Deco hooked up Terry Adams.

Its a complicated story though. Terry didn't leave Flatware for Deco. The guys at Odyssey were not selling enough of the Frames to warrant keeping them in production. Chad Degroot who is an all round badass super nice guy offered Terry a spot on the team just riding a Deco frame & Flatware parts so Terry took it. He is still riding for Flatware just their parts because they will no longer be making the Frames. Terry is getting a Signature Frame from Deco & as i said will still be running all the Flatware parts including his signature parts. Its not as it seems. Terry didn't just jump ship. smile

|

6/25/2013 9:44 PM

Terrible one barcode because of the way it looks always wanted one of these with custom geometry same goes with the standard sta 500 awesome looking

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

6/25/2013 10:52 PM

Topsey wrote:

The ...more

BMX_Forever wrote:

Topsey wrote:

Its a complicated story though. Terry didn't leave Flatware for Deco. The guys at Odyssey were not selling enough of the ...more

Yeah I know, that, but my point is, although they weren't selling great, Terry Adams still rode one. But when he got hooked up by Deco, so he no longer rode a Flatware Frame, there didn't seem like much point anymore.

|

6/26/2013 2:00 AM

my favorite frame will alwasy be the funday even though ive never had one , i have a ian which is my second favorite i love the seat post

|

6/26/2013 4:06 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Yeah I know, that, but my point is, although they weren't selling great, Terry Adams still rode one. But when he got hooked up ...more

Aaaaah Gotcha! Fair point, They have a couple of riders who run them but i guess T.A is the big named rider who is pretty much the face of Flatware.

|

6/26/2013 5:31 AM

I like me some 20 pound mongoose frames... mmmm baby

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨