What's your opinion? Gold vs Chrome

Related:
Create New Tag

10/14/2018 7:02 PM

Let me start off by saying I know this won't actually look good.

I have a lavender Cult Devotion. I just added grey vans grips, a black 28T guarded DAK sprocket and grey Donnasqueaks. I'm in the process of ordering some more parts right now. It started off a factory bike Lavender with everything else black obviously right. I want to swap the 4 piece bars with a regular chrome crew bars and keep the grey grips, but change the black seat to the Cult Mexican blanket one. Now, heres where the stupidity comes in. The chain is black. I have no beef with the chain and it matches the other stuff. I just kinda feel like being an idiot right now.

Should I run with the chrome or gold, or just keep it simple stupid?

I just think it would be hilarious to run a gold chain on a purple bike with a mexican blanket seat (no racist). Then I thought well maybe I'll just match the bars with the chain. I really don't know what to do lol.

|

10/14/2018 7:14 PM

fuck I forgot this forum is kinda dead. Gold it is!!!!

|

10/14/2018 7:28 PM

Doesn't get a reply within 12 minutes "fuck, this fourm is dead"

Lmaolaughing

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

10/14/2018 8:58 PM

Forum is not dead, just me. Go chrome.

|

10/14/2018 11:12 PM

Black. Everything black. Always. Or raw.

|

10/15/2018 4:17 AM

You should spray paint the whole bike fluo green.

|

10/15/2018 5:11 AM

Get one of those hot pink sundays.

|

10/15/2018 6:26 AM

People these days are used to so damn quick responses to everythinggrin

|

10/15/2018 6:32 AM

chrome will get you home

|

It’s all bmx

10/15/2018 6:41 AM

Well you can go the Mr T method with gold or the slightly better looking chrome. Because if you ride a fair amount you will really end up with a brownish chain (gold) or sliverish black (chrome)...unless you clean your bike alot.

|

10/15/2018 8:48 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Doesn't get a reply within 12 minutes "fuck, this fourm is dead"

Lmaolaughing

At 11pm (their time) on a Sunday..... wassat dizzy

|

10/15/2018 9:32 AM

I'm dead inside, but very alive here.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

10/15/2018 9:37 AM

Chrome.

|

10/15/2018 11:45 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I feel you are poking fun but I agree with this statement. Hard to go wrong and you wont typically get frustrated with the color choice as quickly. But colors are fun too.

|

10/15/2018 4:14 PM

I like gold parts with certain colour combos. I think it would look nice on your bike as per your description. Actually wanna get a couple gold parts on my bike thats all black and red.

|

10/15/2018 10:43 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

I feel you are poking fun but I agree with this statement. Hard to go wrong and you wont typically get frustrated with the color choice as quickly. But colors are fun too.

Personally, I get bored of colours after a, while. The novelty wears off. I've lost count of the times I've ended up getting the paint stripper or oven cleaner out.
Black and raw, or chrome, is timeless. But chrome chains only look good on an all black & chrome bike. And the chrome needs to be balanced smile

|