Whats your opinion on rude street riders?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/23/2016 9:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/23/2016 9:24 AM

Im not calling anyone out here but rather addressing the issue and I'm sure it isn't a foreign one to many of you on here.
That is.. street riders who litter at spots, fly off rails into traffic almost hitting people and then cursing at or flicking off the motorists who they just endangered. I see this in videos often and no one seems to care that to the rest of the population they are really just acting like a bunch of hoodlums who are inconvenienving others and at times endangering them or damaging their property. I ride a lot of street myself and know the pains of having a perfect spot you cant ride for x reason and how frustrating that can be. However, i feel.that respect for the property and safety of others is tantamount especially because bmx isnt all that matters in this world and, (i feel) it should never be put before respecting others. I feel riders could still get that same clip off the curb by simply being patient and waiting until traffic is clear. Or simply find another place to ride if the owners are insistent that they dont want their property damaged. BMX is fun but I dont think its so important that you should rudely inconvenience others just to enjoy it. Wdyt?

|

3/23/2016 9:34 AM

I hate rude people. If you get kicked out of a spot, leave and come back another time. If you're doing a big trick that requires you to get in the road way, wait till its clear and don't be a dick when a car traveling 25+ mph almost takes you out.

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

3/23/2016 9:59 AM

They're rude

|

3/23/2016 10:08 AM

I agree. It's bad enough being seen as a trouble maker just for riding around on a bmx. I get funny looks just being brakeless, even though I'm probably a lot more aware of my surroundings than anyone else.
Taking out, or nearly taking out someone who's just minding their own business, just because you want to do a trick down a set of stairs is f@cking stupid. Inpatient people wind me up at the best of times, so I don't understand how people can't just wait a few minutes and have a bit more respect for other people using the area.

Same with litter, there's no reason for anyone to litter any where. But littering a spot will only get it shut down quicker

|

3/23/2016 10:17 AM

I think they're lucky motorists react by braking, and am genuinely curious why they don't set up a lookout or something to wave when it's clear. it's like, do you WANT to explode into pink mist?

maybe they're cursing and flicking off drivers for not assisting their suicide properly silly

(likely they're just mad because they felt fear, and they view it as weakness)

|

I can't upload a photo for my sig. it's that guy puking really hard, except it's coming out of his ears and eyes, too. just imagine that instead of this text. oh look, there he is now!

3/23/2016 10:23 AM

deepdiarrhea wrote:

I think they're lucky motorists react by braking, and am genuinely curious why they don't set up a lookout or something to wave when it's clear. it's like, do you WANT to explode into pink mist?

maybe they're cursing and flicking off drivers for not assisting their suicide properly silly

(likely they're just mad because they felt fear, and they view it as weakness)

Lol. I drive a lot and it's nerve wracking when other motorists are side swiping you much more pedesteians and cyclists. I feel should the encounter occur it would be better to apologize and move on rather than add insult to (almost injury). If a biker gets hit like that they deserve it because they, not the motorist caused the situation.

|

3/23/2016 11:05 AM

No need to be a dick to people but deffinatly nothing wrong with a bit of criminal mischief

|

3/23/2016 11:10 AM

See how you feel when its your property paid with by your hard work criminals are mischeviously damaging. Its rude.

|

3/23/2016 11:30 AM

If I am riding street and get the boot, we respect the person booting us, and leave. If someone smarts off, I tell them to shut their mouth and just leave.

The logic I have is if you show respect to those folks, they are less likely to show up to meetings trying to deny a new skatepark etc because "bmxers are disrepectful thugs" or whatever.

Also it has helped me gain knowledge of when I CAN come back without hassle.

Also always being on the move helps. Don't roll up to known busts and expect to get a long session. Always moving. Hit a spot for 10-15 minutes, then move on to the next. That way by the time the security etc roll up, you're gone.

OR, build your own ledges, rails, banks etc somewhere you can store them, bust em out and ride. A lot of EMPTY parking lot sessions at closed businesses with our own ramps etc have happened over the years without issue.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/23/2016 11:42 AM

I don't like to hang out with rude or unpleasant people.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

3/23/2016 11:45 AM

Being respectful has no downside .

I just dislike the bummy looking riders that shred so they try and make everyone else bummy and get into trouble lol

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/23/2016 12:02 PM

Sean_Goff wrote:

See how you feel when its your property paid with by your hard work criminals are mischeviously damaging. Its rude.

If you don't want to damage public property then don't ride street. That's what street riding is. I'm with Jay. No need to be rude but utilizing things that weren't meant for biking is the ENTIRE point of street riding.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

3/23/2016 12:11 PM

its called street riding. STREET because most people that rode STREET were from the STREET. see the theme, not suburban parks or indoor skateparks, i carry a gun in my bag when i ride. since youre in illinois go to chicago and ride street in the south side.

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

3/23/2016 12:15 PM

Respect is earned not given, if someone treats me like a person and shows respect I will be more inclined to be respectful towards them.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

3/23/2016 12:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/23/2016 12:32 PM

Everyone who replied to this thread should have posted their age.

You'll see a trend that younger people don't mind rude street riders, older guys get annoyed by them. lol

It is certainly annoying...

Sometimes another crew of street riders are super rude on a spot, smoking weed and littering.
They get kicked out and the next day i get to the spot and get kicked out the first minute and almost get into an argument with people who live near there. Because i'm one of the "Kids in black bikes.." ._.

You can argue as much as you want that it wasn't you, but it's a community, you sometimes share the negative image with everyone. so... please don't be a dick smile

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

3/23/2016 1:01 PM

I feel like it honestly isnt bad or wrong at all to bring a gun to a spot for your own protection. I have ridden in some areas in Chicago (which is where I happen to live) and even in Gary Indiana (I can actually give video proof if needed too) that are shady as fuck. Or even if you want to smoke weed or drink at a spot as I'll admit that I've done it myself. However, what I'm saying is more of please don't leave smashed bottles or trash the place and smoke weed when there are kids around or ruin it for everyone. I feel like you can actually have fun biking, but with a little courtesy and self restraint (WHEN necessaryand for the benefit of others) and still not make it unpleasant for others as well which is more of what I was getting at in the original post.

|

3/23/2016 2:31 PM

Sean_Goff wrote:

I feel like it honestly isnt bad or wrong at all to bring a gun to a spot for your own protection. I have ridden in some areas in Chicago (which is where I happen to live) and even in Gary Indiana (I can actually give video proof if needed too) that are shady as fuck. Or even if you want to smoke weed or drink at a spot as I'll admit that I've done it myself. However, what I'm saying is more of please don't leave smashed bottles or trash the place and smoke weed when there are kids around or ruin it for everyone. I feel like you can actually have fun biking, but with a little courtesy and self restraint (WHEN necessaryand for the benefit of others) and still not make it unpleasant for others as well which is more of what I was getting at in the original post.

why would u smash bottles thats just flat tires, plus i only smoke oils and when i do its out of my vape pen so kids think its an ecig lol but if someone comes out yelling at me and shit im getting right up in their face

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

3/23/2016 4:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/23/2016 4:29 PM

JonnyGanja wrote:

why would u smash bottles thats just flat tires, plus i only smoke oils and when i do its out of my vape pen so kids think its an ecig lol but if someone comes out yelling at me and shit im getting right up in their face

People are stupid. Same reason kids light huge fires at trails they are just visiting and burn trash and furniture and steal shovels etc.

Same reason they litter.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/23/2016 5:00 PM

I dont personally smash bottles as I know how dangerous and inconvenient they are which is why I said its best not to.

|

3/23/2016 11:03 PM

Sean_Goff wrote:

I have no problem with riding street
I don't break anything, at worst cause some insignificant cosmetic damage that really doesn't hurt anyone
I wouldn't have a problem with people wallriding the house I live in or peg chinking my curbs

However I have six places I won't ride at all: companies contracted by the military because I have a death wish, police stations because duh, hospitals because duh, fire stations because duh, libraries because i dont want to get arrrested, and religious places because I don't want to tempt a higher power

I dont think anyone is harmed by me grinding an already grinded ledge, riding a bank owned by the city, or a ledge in front of a run down business because it doesnt hurt anyone
If i get asked to leave I will leave immediately unless the person is being threatening/assholish/incorrect

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

3/23/2016 11:33 PM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

If you don't want to damage public property then don't ride street. That's what street riding is. I'm with Jay. No need to be rude but utilizing things that weren't meant for biking is the ENTIRE point of street riding.

This & this x2 for Jay since I can't multi-quote

If you don't want to damage a ledge while riding street, then either go ride a skatepark or go pegless. Even then you're gonna be "Rude" apparently by riding property that isn't yours, AKA street.

Attempting to guilt any of us with the "how would you like it if someone grinded your property" sure as shit won't work on most of us, especially myself cause if I had grindable ledges on my property they'd already be grinded by me anyway so fuck it.

As for the littering thing, yeah fuck anyone who does that. I'll admit I've just dropped stuff on purpose while riding from spot to spot cause there wasn't a trash can in sight... But when you litter at a spot, you're basically saying "Hey, people come here and do things they probably shouldn't be doing!" and potentially get that spot shut down (Especially if you have permission to ride there.)

Now I will say being rude to property owners is a dickhead thing to do and you should never do it if they're kicking you out and being nice about it. Just leave and come back when no one's there. Most of the time this works, and they don't install security cameras or cap the spot. Being rude to them when they're just like "Hey guys I can't have you here doing this, please leave" then telling him to fuck off or something is just asking for him to resent you and more likely keep in the back of his mind "Hmm maybe I should do something so they don't come back, like cap those ledges they were hopping on!"

Also, if he is being rude and kicking you out, you should still be polite cause you're on his fucking property after all. No one wants to ride with that asshole who starts mouthing off. Although sometimes it's called for if they get mouthy first or chase you out. Just be polite and we'll leave. One time a dude chased us out swinging a 4ft metal pipe at us... Another with an ice pick... and yet we're supposedly the rude ones.

|

3/24/2016 7:28 AM

Its fuckig bmx dude

|

3/24/2016 10:59 AM

Four wrote:

I don't like to hang out with rude or unpleasant people.

You and GG allin would not have gotten along

|

3/24/2016 3:14 PM

I can't stand when people litter. It clutters up good ride spots.

I don't understand why they cant wait just a couple minutes. Those couple minutes could be a great time to talk about bike stuff or just fuck around on your bike in the spot your waiting in.(given the spot is big enough with no pedestrians around)

I mostly ride Friday or Saturday night because im busy as hell any other time. Its really convenient because theres no one on the streets except for the small side roads where people are hanging out at bars. And I usually don't ride thise streets because cops hang around them. (I don't ride them because those same hoodlums have the cops asking me questions even though I'm doing nothing wrong.)

|

3/24/2016 3:25 PM

one try kid wrote:

Everyone who replied to this thread should have posted their age.

You'll see a trend that younger people don't mind rude street riders, older guys get annoyed by them. lol

It is certainly annoying...

Sometimes another crew of street riders are super rude on a spot, smoking weed and littering.
They get kicked out and the next day i get to the spot and get kicked out the first minute and almost get into an argument with people who live near there. Because i'm one of the "Kids in black bikes.." ._.

You can argue as much as you want that it wasn't you, but it's a community, you sometimes share the negative image with everyone. so... please don't be a dick smile

And I do agree. When I was younger I have littered, been mouthy etc. And yes I have also been blamed for something I was no where close to do, However we all have a time or two. We grow up and become more respectful. I just wish the respect would show up more and more. Nowadays every kid just doesn't give a fuck. Im 20 by the way.

|

3/24/2016 4:00 PM

Aaron_Whitmore Jr. wrote:

And I do agree. When I was younger I have littered, been mouthy etc. And yes I have also been blamed for something I was no where close to do, However we all have a time or two. We grow up and become more respectful. I just wish the respect would show up more and more. Nowadays every kid just doesn't give a fuck. Im 20 by the way.

30, and I don't really recall a time where I mouthed off when getting the boot, EXCEPT when some dude was mowing the lawn at a free park and told me I couldn't ride the skatepark there. I told him there was no sign, and he said "you probably stole it".

I flipped out on that dude because he claimed I stole the sign (I didn't) and then tried to blame me for skate logos spraypainted there. I asked him why I would paint skate logos when I don't skate and he stared blankly and threatened to call the police. I said do it, and they never came.

I also recall when that park was closed by the city for a while due to kids breaking bottles and doing drugs at it as well as some damages/spraypaint that we hopped the fence and rode anyway, and some dude from the local paper showed up and asked us questions, then skewed EVERYTHING to blame me and a buddy in his article about the damages and littering. I IMMEDIATELY wrote a reply to the paper as soon as I saw it calling out the false statements that were made, and they promptly reworded and edited to make it look like I agreed with everything they said, as well as make it appear that I was like 12 with poor English skills. I was PISSED. I went down to their office and flipped out on the guy for changing what was stated to skew to the city's beliefs that BMX was the cause (when I had seen exactly who did it and could show the facebook page proof), but nothing ever came from it.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura