Whats you're view on this wheel set?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/21/2015 3:16 AM

http://www.saltbmx.com/saltplus/products/wheelsets/154-saltplus-wheel-chainset

i personally like saltplus parts, and all this for around 350 australian dollars seems to good to be true, there must be a catch...

|

9/21/2015 5:57 AM

Doesn't seem bad for the money but I am not too familiar with saltplus

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

9/21/2015 7:45 AM

Salt is We The People's part brand. Some good stuff, some not so good stuff.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/21/2015 7:55 AM

I'm not sure how much that is in American dollars, but you can scoop Odyssey A+ wheels for like $400 USD.

Those are really nice, but since I'm ignorant as hall on exchange rates, that could be like $221,543 AUS dollars.

|

9/21/2015 4:37 PM

tecnic1 wrote:

I'm not sure how much that is in American dollars, but you can scoop Odyssey A+ wheels for like $400 USD.

Those are really nice, but since I'm ignorant as hall on exchange rates, that could be like $221,543 AUS dollars.

Google tells me it's about $250 in USD

As for the wheelset, they're fully sealed & double walled which is good... Can't find much more info on them though.

|

9/21/2015 5:48 PM

In that price range, the Revenge wheelset is about $170. It's double wall, pinned rims, sealed bearings, and you can get 10t drivers, which is a big deal to me.

For like $200, Revenge has the same rims with a female from hub and a freecoaster. That set comes LHD, which is also a big deal to me.

I still think the best bet is to save another $150 and get the A+ wheels. I run those one one of my bikes, and I like them a lot.

|

9/21/2015 7:50 PM

A + front wheel is dope so get that and maybe get a cheaper back wheel like a Revenge coaster ? Revenge makes great parts

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/22/2015 4:40 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

A + front wheel is dope so get that and maybe get a cheaper back wheel like a Revenge coaster ? Revenge makes great parts

Personally, If I had to hit a budget, I would buy a nicer rear wheel and go cheap on the front. I'm a bit of a fat fuck though, and I rape rear wheels.

|

9/22/2015 5:59 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

tecnic1 wrote:

Personally, If I had to hit a budget, I would buy a nicer rear wheel and go cheap on the front. I'm a bit of a fat fuck though, and I rape rear wheels.

I would go this way too, the rear takes a LOT of abuse from anyone. Fronts I have gotten away with unsealed 3/8ths with pegs, single wall pinned seam rims.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/22/2015 7:23 AM

I have a 220$ rear wheel and a 70$ front wheel and hasn't let me down lmao

|

"It's like riding someone's bike and they got the same frame" -Four
Refs:Four x4,tomdon x5,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest