Wheel alignment issue

Related:
Create New Tag

9/20/2013 3:40 PM

Hey guys I got a problem with my wheel and when I say wheel I do mean wheel

I had a we the people frame and hen I try to tighten the wheel it would always move to the right no matter what I jam in there or try to hold in place

I've gotton a sunbrosa villicus practically brand new and I'm having the same issue so it must be the wheel?? What would cause this I can't ride cos I run brakes so it's just constantly on one of the pads

Thanks in advance

|

9/20/2013 3:44 PM

Get someone to hold it straight while you tighten it

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

9/20/2013 3:45 PM

Running hubguards? Nonreplacement guards hold the wheel over a tad. If not, maybe try putting a washer on the right side (Inside the frame)
Anyway has this always been a problem? Or did it occur later on during your ownership of it?

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

9/20/2013 3:46 PM

Also , make sure your brakes are set up correctly, and squeeze your brake lever while tightening. It holds the wheel straight

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

9/20/2013 3:47 PM

Idk if this will fix it but try this I used to have a hard time to get my wheel right but now I can do it first try.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

9/20/2013 3:48 PM

I Beleave I only noticed it after I got my profiles second hand, I've only just got back into riding breaks are set up fine it's a Springfield so it sits centred I've allso tried some one holding the wheel in place while I tighten and no luck it always manages to move over, allso no hubguards or pegs

|

9/20/2013 3:50 PM

Fitbikerider14 yh I tried that, as I say i wet and got a new frame cos I thought it was the frame, would the washers I use against the frame matter they are smooth both sides should they be grooved?

|

9/20/2013 3:50 PM

if you have tried jamming something in there how does it physically move anyways? Is it after you ride it a little bit, you might need to tighten it more. Are your profiles female or male axles?

|

My Fit

9/20/2013 3:53 PM

Danpep91 wrote:

Fitbikerider14 yh I tried that, as I say i wet and got a new frame cos I thought it was the frame, would the washers I use against the frame matter they are smooth both sides should they be grooved?

I'm not sure and I don't wanna take my back wheel off right now lol.

|

My Fit

9/20/2013 3:54 PM

Male mate and nah before riding I think it just slides back over in the drop out ( I think )

|

9/20/2013 4:16 PM

Just the wheel back with one hand and tighten with the other. My profile does the same and I can get it straight easy as so just try harder

|

9/20/2013 5:08 PM

How old is your hub? It could be the threads on the axle wearing out.

|

My Fit

9/20/2013 5:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/20/2013 5:45 PM

1. Your drop out could be slightly bent causing the wheel to shift when tightening, but since its a new frame that's unlikely.

2. Your rim/ hub alignment could be off causing the wheel to shift when tightening.

That's about it really.

|

9/20/2013 6:24 PM

do you have the washers in between the frame & axle nuts on?

|

9/21/2013 12:31 AM

The hub it's self is old but thread is find and yeah I had washers on there

|

9/21/2013 9:49 AM

ry to but something between the tire and the frame where it pulls over.

|

9/21/2013 10:01 AM

dont tighten one bolt then the other

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

9/21/2013 10:02 AM

make sure the teeth of the washer is agenst the frame not the nut

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

9/21/2013 10:08 AM

tighten the other side first? like since it's going to the right tighten the left side first? i have no clue.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

9/21/2013 10:09 AM

Got my self some tensioners guys I couldn't figure it out haha thanks for all the replys though

|

9/21/2013 5:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/21/2013 5:20 PM

Danpep91 wrote:

Got my self some tensioners guys I couldn't figure it out haha thanks for all the replys though

Read the comments, Durp.

|

9/21/2013 7:18 PM

Cellmember wrote:

Read the comments, Durp.

Thanks dude
I did read the comments nothing worked cheers fit that Photo

|

9/21/2013 7:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/21/2013 7:51 PM

Ahahaha, bs you did. You're Welcome !

|

9/22/2013 10:23 AM

Dude Seriousely if u ain't got nothing nice to say u know what they say u don't know what I do so don't make presumptions

|

9/22/2013 12:37 PM

I lightly tighten one side and then tighten the other lightly, back and forth til it is tight enough. The other option is to make sure your axle isnt bent to hell too.

Or if one side always moves it, tighten the other down, then crank the moving side down in place where it needs to be, THEN move the opposite side.

That's what I did until I got a setup that doesn't do that.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura