Wheel hanging on half a axle help PLEASE!

Related:
Create New Tag

1/27/2014 9:07 AM

Well my wherl is on half a axle and when i try to cut a link and put it back on i cant because i have the mds with inner guard and it SO FUCKING HARD TO PUT IT ON THE SPROCKET!help!Photo

|

1/27/2014 9:13 AM

So when you take a link out it makes it too hard to put back on the sprocket, right?

Well you could cut the chain and then as you put it back together put it on the sprocket then push the pin in?

Do you have a full link or half link chain? It looks like a half but I cannot tell.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/27/2014 9:27 AM

Leave chain on sprocket, slam your wheel, lose one half link, put chain onto driver teeth and pedal around, tension accordingly.

Or if you cant do that maybe consider not sandwiching the chain and flipping your sprocket if you want an inside guard so much.

|

1/27/2014 9:30 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

So when you take a link out it makes it too hard to put back on the sprocket, right?

Well you could cut the chain and then as you put it back together put it on the sprocket then push the pin in?

Do you have a full link or half link chain? It looks like a half but I cannot tell.

Wow thats a good idea dude!Ima cut 1 link or 2?what do you think? and do you think that it could mess up my chain for taking it off on on when i get a flat?

|

1/27/2014 9:31 AM

Mychaylo wrote:

Leave chain on sprocket, slam your wheel, lose one half link, put chain onto driver teeth and pedal around, tension accordingly.

Or if you cant do that maybe consider not sandwiching the chain and flipping your sprocket if you want an inside guard so much.

i got both guards so that to hard.

|

1/27/2014 10:07 AM

Take the guard off and install it after you have everything else put together?

OR

Remove your drive side crank, push your spindle into your bottom bracket a bit
Wrap your chain around your sprocket and driver
Line up your sprocket hole with your spindle
Push your spindle through the sprocket hole
Install drive side crank

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/27/2014 10:13 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

OR

Install drive side crank

so take off my drive side crank put the chain on pushh the spindle in put crank their bang in? right and i like that idea better then chain breaking everything thanks!!

|

1/27/2014 10:23 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

OR

Install drive side crank

_reyesbmx_ wrote:

so take off my drive side crank put the chain on pushh the spindle in put crank their bang in? right and i like that idea better then chain breaking everything thanks!!

Yeah no prob bud. And for future reference, thats how you run a wheel slammed (axle all the way in the drop out, chain perfectly tensioned.) I have to do it to take off my wheel/chain because my axles are slammed, so my chain cant physically become loose enough to take off the sprocket. Goodluck.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/27/2014 10:55 AM

Proper female axles like on the g-sport are perfect for slammed setups, undo the bolts and the wheel just drops out with no messing with cranks.

|

1/27/2014 5:25 PM

I have had an MDS without the extra inner guard for like 2-3 months now and I figured the chain can only go on easily from the inside unless you have a longass chain. Having the inner guard makes it impossible to put on a chain.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

1/27/2014 5:26 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

OR

Install drive side crank

_reyesbmx_ wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Yeah no prob bud. And for future reference, thats how you run a wheel slammed (axle all the way in the drop out, chain perfectly tensioned.) I have to do it to take off my wheel/chain because my axles are slammed, so my chain cant physically become loose enough to take off the sprocket. Goodluck.

Thank you so much dude!!It workef out perfect!!!!Photo

Photo

|