Wheel slipping

Related:
Create New Tag

1/7/2011 11:30 PM

My rear wheel keeps slipping in the dropouts, and i dont think its my shadow chain stretching in half an hour (although it could be tongue).
So ive put it down to my back wheel slipping. When i tighten it down, it makes a loud squeaky noise, so im guessing that i just need to grease my axle.
Right?

|

1/7/2011 11:38 PM

make sure there isnt any paint on your dropouts....and if your saying that your chain is brand new and then after the first 30 min your chain is loose, then it stretched

|

1/7/2011 11:40 PM

D Thompson wrote:

make sure there isnt any paint on your dropouts....and if your saying that your chain is brand new and then after the first 30 min your chain is loose, then it stretched

Nah, no paint. Its all about 8 months old.
Never slipped before.

And the chain is 8 months old. Ill be damned if its not worn in yet!

|

1/8/2011 1:51 AM

My wheel did this to me. Make sure you have enough spacers on the axle, otherwise when you tighten down the nuts, the dropouts aren't going to be pushed against anything. Clean the dropouts aswell, and tighten it down.

|

PSN - TheNunPoacher

1/8/2011 2:13 AM

camjf wrote:

My wheel did this to me. Make sure you have enough spacers on the axle, otherwise when you tighten down the nuts, the dropouts aren't going to be pushed against anything. Clean the dropouts aswell, and tighten it down.

Okay.
im just going to pull the whole lot apart, clean it all and regrease.
Ill check the spacing as well.

|