Wheels

Related:
Create New Tag

10/6/2015 1:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/6/2015 2:08 PM

So I am selling my Demolition hubs laced to Sun Big Baller rims with guards as soon as the dude has cash (GOD I hope soon) and I am leaning towards getting these items:

Demolition Rotator wheel 120.00
Hub Guard for it 24.99
Stranger Ballast front hub 64.99
Spokes 20.00

After Free Shipping and 15% code I would be looking at under 200 bucks for a rear wheel, front hub and rear hub guard. I have a pair of red Zeros that I will be lacing up to the hubs and then selling the black Zero off the rear wheel.

Thoughts? Suggestions on something better for similar pricing?

And YES I have run a freecoaster. I had one about 10 years ago, and another until last summer that I ran occasionally.

This will make me FORCE MYSELF to run one and get used to it, kinda like how I have front brakes.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/6/2015 2:09 PM

Demolitions great get a matching demo front hub

|

10/6/2015 2:11 PM

Are you getting the thread on hub-guard for it? or a universal one?
Someone on here had an issue with that getting seized up on the threads after getting beat-up.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

10/6/2015 2:24 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Demolitions great get a matching demo front hub

I have one now haha, I am selling it to replace my wheels on the cheap.

If they offered the Coaster wheel in RED (or even the hub at that price) I would go that route instead.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/6/2015 2:26 PM

one try kid wrote:

Are you getting the thread on hub-guard for it? or a universal one?
Someone on here had an issue with that getting seized up ...more

Thread on, I have one for my cassette without issue, I don't grind a ton, so it has lasted me 3 years without a problem.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/6/2015 3:41 PM

Get a uniguard instead

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

10/6/2015 5:51 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

Get a uniguard instead

Don't, i used one and it was such a pain in the ass.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

10/6/2015 6:15 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

interdasting...

why were they a pain in the ass?
they shifted around or somthing?

|

But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

10/6/2015 6:27 PM

Only problem I see is not using the code 46m1 for 20% off at Dans. Gotta initially spend 225.00 to get 20% off.

|

Legit

Oscar5788,Scramhype,SuperstarDK,Howlerfbm,AlexDanielP,KilledGlamour,notorious NIG,KYMIKE

10/6/2015 6:48 PM

Buy my Demo Rotator wheel for 100 shipped... its in like new condition with a new driver and all.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

10/6/2015 7:12 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

Get a uniguard instead

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

one try kid wrote:

interdasting...

Yup, kept slipping back no matter how hard i tightened and the anit-rotate pin did not help. Plus my chain would rub it all the time even when super tight.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

10/6/2015 8:00 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

one try kid wrote:

interdasting...

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Yup, kept slipping back no matter how hard i tightened and the anit-rotate pin did not help. Plus my chain would rub it all ...more

I run two of them with zero issues. Some of the best hub guards i have had. Slide really nicely.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

10/6/2015 10:40 PM

Rotator sucks major chode , yes I owned one , and to add to shitness it has a thread on guard , which is fucking stupid

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/7/2015 10:13 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Rotator sucks major chode , yes I owned one , and to add to shitness it has a thread on guard , which is fucking stupid

Didn't your new Eclat hub entirely disassemble itself when you tried to install it? I don't think you can talk much about rear hubs. Every rear hub you touch turns to shit.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/8/2015 2:03 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Didn't your new Eclat hub entirely disassemble itself when you tried to install it? I don't think you can talk much about rear ...more

REKT.

and im running a thread on guard for my cult coaster, been on near 2 years, shit all good, not seized up either.

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

10/8/2015 2:40 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Didn't your new Eclat hub entirely disassemble itself when you tried to install it? I don't think you can talk much about rear ...more

I'm already laughing at the thought of oneeye riding/installing a blind hub.

He should take a video of him just installing it and it just falls apart on while he's installing it.

Like the hub shell just breaks in half during installation, not because it's a weak hub, it's because oneeye is touching it. lol

|

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

10/8/2015 2:53 PM

one try kid wrote:

I'm already laughing at the thought of oneeye riding/installing a blind hub.

He should take a video of him just installing it ...more

The spring splits in 2 and rolls away like a slinky. Oh oneeye, whe will you learn.

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

10/9/2015 6:43 AM

My thread on guard for my Rogue has been good for THREE YEARS. Yours crapped out in 3 minutes if I recall correctly.

I've never had an issue.

Doesn't matter anyway, that deal on the Rotator is gone. I think someone screwed up because the WHEEL was at 120 bucks.

So now I am changing it up. I MIGHT go with the Merrit Coaster and Ballast front hub, but I like to be different and some local kid has THAT EXACT setup.

So I am not sure what to do. Maybe I will just get the Revenge wheelset, and change the rims out.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/9/2015 9:59 AM

Well, IF I go with the Merritt/Stranger setup, silver vs black spokes has an $8.64 difference AFTER the 20% off.

I'd be getting the Merritt Coaster, Stranger Ballast front hub, Merritt Non-Drive guard, and Primo DSG PC Drive side guard.

$210.56 for 72 silver spokes with all the parts.

$219.20 for 72 black spokes with all the parts.

OR get the revenge wheelset and come out to $215.32 and then need 2-4 hubguards on top of that.

I'd be silly to get the Revenge setup at this point.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/9/2015 2:57 PM

Hatebreeder wrote:

Only problem I see is not using the code 46m1 for 20% off at Dans. Gotta initially spend 225.00 to get 20% off.

bump.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

10/9/2015 3:08 PM

Yah the easy - maintenance idea really is easy but t works the same as putting it together , ended up falling apart when I was checking it out .

And I might pick up a Rig setup , Demolition is sick but theirs probably better coaster out there in my opinion to buy a Rotator

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/9/2015 3:16 PM

Yah the easy - maintenance idea really is easy but t works the same as putting it together , ended up falling apart when I was ...more

Doesn't matter anyway, they caught the error and made it 199.95 again, so I will just get a new hub and spokes and lace up the wheels.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura