Wheelset Frustration

Related:
Create New Tag

10/15/2014 1:17 AM

So I could get the Colony Wasp Wheelset for 300 including shipping from Dan's

But on Albes I would be able to get

21mm Silver Fly Piramide rims
The USA Stainless Spokes w/ Brass Nipples (Black)
BSD Front Street Hub (Black)
Cult Match V.2 Cassette Hub 9T RHD (Black)

For just under $310 including shipping. Then have my shop lace 'em for an extra fee.

BUT,

Since my local shop matches prices with Dan's, but they do not charge a shipping fee.
.... I could get
Odyssey Aerospace Rims in Metallic Silver are on sale for $47.99 (I would get a pair so, $95.98)
72 Spokes (Enough for 2 wheels) is $14.40
Colony Wasp Front Hub is $55.99 in Polished
Colony Wasp Cassette Hub is $139.99 in Polished

And THAT TOO would be just under $310.... I do not know why but it is a hard choice for me.
-Fly Piramide Rims are PINNED.
--Odyssey Aerospace Rims are WELDED.
---Wasp Hubs are easy to maintain from my experience with them, both had front and rear before.
----I have no experience with Cult or BSD hubs
-----The Odyssey Wheels would be priced in between the Factory Built Wasp Wheel set and Fly Wheel set.
----I would AVOID a high shipping charge ordering through my shop.
---Getting them trued could end up being free of charge.
--I would feel better with myself for supporting a local shop
-The people there like me so I'd be more than likely to get discounts.

SO what do you guys think? Odyssey Wheels are more worth it or what?

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

10/15/2014 1:35 AM

the odyssey wheels are most worth it imo. the aerospaces are way better than the stock rims the colony wheelset comes with. and you help out your local bike shop. so its pretty much getting a colony wheelset but with better odyssey rims.

|

10/15/2014 4:37 AM

Price matchin doesnt include things on sale, so i doubt your shop would match that price if the ody rims are on sale

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

10/15/2014 6:32 AM

Get the odyssey rims. Or buy some sun rims for cheap.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

10/15/2014 6:58 AM

Learn to lace wheels yourself

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

10/15/2014 8:46 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Get the odyssey rims. Or buy some sun rims for cheap.

This. Sun rims are bad ass

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

10/15/2014 9:42 AM

Go for the odyssey rims.

|

Its a skatepark not a playground.

10/15/2014 9:52 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

Learn to lace wheels yourself

Yeah I wad thinking I could lace them myself and get them straightened from my local shop. Could cost me less that way too

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

10/15/2014 10:10 AM

Why not have the wheels laced and trued from the shop(albes, dans) you are ordering from? They will do it for free. Makes no sense to order everything from one place , get it , then bring it to another shop to lace.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

10/15/2014 1:57 PM

The Horror Contact wrote:

Why not have the wheels laced and trued from the shop(albes, dans) you are ordering from? They will do it for free. Makes no sense to order everything from one place , get it , then bring it to another shop to lace.

I was going to order it all THROUGH my local shop

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

10/15/2014 2:36 PM

Learn to true them as well
if you're lucky you might know someone with a truing stand, but I've done 18/20 wheels without one and its not a necessity

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

10/16/2014 11:29 AM

The Horror Contact wrote:

James_Letten17 wrote:

I was going to order it all THROUGH my local shop

even with ordering everything through them, they are still charging a building fee? Most lace wheels for free when buying complete wheels

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

10/16/2014 12:01 PM

Buy discounted stuff and lace/true them yourself.

|

10/16/2014 1:48 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

This if you know how

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

10/16/2014 4:33 PM

support your local shop

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

10/16/2014 5:49 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

This if you know how

I have laced a wheel once, watched the Arsenalfalco tutorial, and I would be wanting to lace the entire wheel set myself, and then IF NECESSARY I'd get them straightened out at the shop.

So first I'd order through the shop, lace the stuff myself, if needed get the wheels straightened over there, I am good friends with the people down there and I think they'd be kind of happy to see someone trying to really learn how to maintain his stuff. Especially building a wheel set.

it is 60 per wheel lacing, so two wheels will be 120 bucks (maybe a discount if I am lucky)

but it is 15 to 20 bucks per wheel depending on what type of truing you want

15 for "Wheel Touch True"
20 for "Wheel True"

I am guessing the 20 dollar choice is just a much more thorough job.

So if I do lace 'em myself I could be saving some money overall.

|

My Youtube / RainBMX