When I drop my bike, it is very noisy.

Related:
Create New Tag

5/11/2013 11:49 AM

It is coming from somewhere in the front of my bike. I can't seem to figure out exactly where, though. It is almost like a loud rattle, but it goes away when im riding. Is it the headset? Do I have to tighten my front wheel?

|

5/11/2013 12:04 PM

It could be your headset, it could be your front hub.. It could be anything. Shake your front wheel side to side to see if theres any wobble. Do the same with your headset. The reason you don't hear anything while you're riding is because you're putting weight on the bike. Do you feel it when doing certain tricks?

Test your stuff out. Tighten things up, apply some lube. Ride it, drop it again see if you're still hearing it.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

5/11/2013 12:08 PM

Take it apart and put it together, probably your chain though and my pedals rattled before they broke

|

5/11/2013 1:07 PM

Mines getting all loosy goosy. I stripped my fork bolt though and theyre 10 dollars. Whyyyyy? Jk, I know why

|

Anderson IN

5/11/2013 1:59 PM

Its the cones in your front hub, get a 17mm spanner and tighten them up smile happens to me all the time because i have unsealed bearings

|

5/11/2013 2:18 PM

Just take your whole front end apart, clean everything, regrease whatever needs to be, and put everything the way it should be.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

5/11/2013 3:24 PM

Pedals would be my guess

My problem atleast

|

Refs:
ac~handley -les.cheek - the_bmxist -Skids007(x4) - Roqfan - jared42069 - Bmxnick2511

5/11/2013 3:58 PM

chain washers!!!!! mine did that forever. i couldent figure out what it was. its the little washers that go around the pins.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

5/11/2013 4:40 PM

Could be really anything, just take it a part and rebuild it, this usually solves it, get everything nice and snug.
Check for cracks too you never know.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/11/2013 4:45 PM

Dont drop it..........

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

5/11/2013 5:10 PM

cone nuts most likely. flip your bike upside down so the front wheel is facing up and then hit it from the side. if it makes noise, then it needs tightened

|

5/11/2013 8:36 PM

headset
front hub
chain
pegs
pedals

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha

BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842

WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

5/11/2013 9:01 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

chain washers!!!!! mine did that forever. i couldent figure out what it was. its the little washers that go around the pins.

Chain washers? What's that? Show me pictures.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

5/11/2013 11:40 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Right at the tip of the knifePhoto

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

5/12/2013 8:08 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

feeble_to_face wrote:

Mine are loose as fuck, idk how to tighten them, or if I should get a new chain

|

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

5/12/2013 8:18 AM

you might have pebbles in your forks... that happened to me before

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

5/12/2013 10:06 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

feeble_to_face wrote:

They're called rollers.

OP, does anything on your bike feel wrong? Does it even make the noise when you hop?

|

5/12/2013 1:02 PM

SnM An1mal wrote:

you might have pebbles in your forks... that happened to me before

my friend currently has a stone in his frame, mother fuka wont come out though...

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)