When I pedal backwards my back wheel doesn't move

Related:
Create New Tag

10/22/2015 3:36 PM

I got a new bike with a cassette hub and I don't know why this happens but I can't fakie or anything what can I do to fix it

|

10/22/2015 4:13 PM

Maybe its a coaster brake? What bike exactly do you have?

|

10/22/2015 4:15 PM

I'm a beginner so I'm not sure, fit benny 1 2015

|

10/22/2015 5:21 PM

Open up the rear hub and have a look, if you aren't comfortable with that take it to a shop.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

10/22/2015 5:24 PM

I'm still trying to figure out if this is a joke or not...

Your wheel IS NOT supposed to move when you pedal backwards. When you ROLL backwards the engagement of the hub will force you to pedal backwards. Pedaling backwards is not going to make your wheel move in that direction. That's how a cassette hub works.

|

10/22/2015 5:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/22/2015 5:47 PM

Like he said, Fmx, if you stand there and pedal backwards, you'll just spin your cranks around. Like on most bikes, except for fixed-gear. Or coaster brake!
[edit - I don't think it's a joke.]

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

10/22/2015 5:51 PM

I think he means when he rolls backwards his wheel locks up.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

10/22/2015 9:31 PM

When you pedal backward for a fakie, you pedal for keep the bike rolling backwards because if you stop pedaling, the hub engages and you get kicked out the bike.
But starting being stopped and pedaling backwards will never make you rollin backwards.
Some people ask me that kind of stupid question about freecoasters "is that the hub for going backward !?" I answer yes and then the people on the bike start pedaling backward from being stop... "Yeah... but the exact goal of that hub is to not pedaling while going backward".

|