Related:
Create New Tag
Contestedd Contestedd
8/29/2017 10:10 AM

Im quite new to bmx and parts so im not sure but when i pedal is the cracking noise normal or is something wrong?

grumpySteve grumpySteve
8/29/2017 10:12 AM

It sounds like something is wrong, but it could be a lot of different things. Try to work out where the noise is coming from exactly. And do some basic checks, like, is everything as tight as it should be? Is anything bent?

Contestedd Contestedd
8/29/2017 10:13 AM
grumpySteve wrote:

It sounds like something ...more

Its coming from the chain i think but i have checked the sprocket and its not bent so

SA519 SA519
8/29/2017 11:39 AM

It could be too tight. Mine clicks if too tight. I usually loosen and re-lube.

grumpySteve grumpySteve
8/29/2017 11:45 AM

Could be a wafty chain line, or a problem with the freewheel/driver. Or the bottom bracket, or the pedals

Contestedd Contestedd
8/29/2017 11:48 AM

Ah il check it out thanks lads!

JudeBmx JudeBmx
8/29/2017 12:25 PM
Contestedd wrote:

Im quite new to bmx and ...more

Could just be a little dry. Take your cranks and spacers off and you'll see bearings on either side of the frame. With a small flat head screw driver of Stanley knife (be careful!) take the seals off and grease up the ball bearings. If that doesn't work then you could take it to your local bike shop. I have clicking from my BB a lot, never really bothers me or has ever caused my any problems, but could still be your bearings wearing, so its good to be safe.

JudeBmx JudeBmx
8/29/2017 12:26 PM
grumpySteve wrote:

It sounds like something ...more

Contestedd wrote:

Its coming from the chain ...more

Could also be a bent link in the chain, you could straighten it, but if that the case its best to get a new chain. Try lubing the chain, that could sort it.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP