When tyre becomes hard what does mean

Related:
Create New Tag

9/16/2018 12:15 AM

Hi guys,

I ve found out a problem on my tyres. I had to change tubes because they were broken and I ve found reall, really hard taking the tyre off from the rim. What does that mean? It needs to be replaced since it’s old? Thank you!

|

9/16/2018 12:35 AM

Some tyre/rim combinations seat together really well.
Just break the bead away from the rim and use a tyre lever if you are struggling

|

Hmmm

9/16/2018 6:10 AM

It's a good thing. It means it's extremely unlikely your tyre will roll off the rim. A bit of effort to separate the bead from the rim and it should come off pretty easily

|

9/16/2018 6:37 AM

It's not a bad thing if the tyre stays on the rim well like was said already. Although if the actual rubber compound in the tyre is starting to harden significantly then it's likely some cracks are going to appear on the tyres which in turn would make your tubes more vulnerable. Just keep an eye on them

|

9/16/2018 9:37 AM

Ya, if the tire compound itself is noticeably harder. You are more likely to slide out. Thats why I dont buy anything but black tread tires. Vlack tires last the longest and dont get all weird and brittle as easily.

|

9/16/2018 12:44 PM

thank you so much guys! I thought my tyre were broken or something. good to hear they are still ok.

regards,

mattia

|

9/16/2018 1:02 PM

Lmao when i first read the title i was like, "what the fuck that means there's air in it" LOL

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/16/2018 1:12 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Lmao when i first read the title i was like, "what the fuck that means there's air in it" LOL

Lol bro, I am sorry. My english is not perfect ?

|

9/16/2018 1:31 PM

mattiabmx wrote:

Lol bro, I am sorry. My english is not perfect ?

Nah it's alright dude i gotchulaughing

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...