Where can I get...

Related:
Create New Tag

2/9/2010 3:51 PM

...a 9T 1/8" Profile driver? If at all possible. Dan's only has it in 3/32" and Profile is hard to understand.

|

Don't listen to me, I'm not on the list either!

Here's my blog: http://wcbmxscene.blogspot.com/

2/9/2010 4:00 PM

you can run a 1/8 chain on a 3/32 driver its fine

|

crystal meth

2/9/2010 4:03 PM

the teeth are just thinner
if you ran a 1/8 driver with with 3/32 chain youd be fucked

|

ferthebirdz wrote: my pegs are called cranks..

2/9/2010 4:53 PM

http://profileracing.com/estore2/index.php?productid=200

it basically just says that 9t cassettes are 1/8" and 10t and up are 3/32".

|

2/9/2010 7:35 PM

Ah, I understand now. I asked my bike shop what I can do about the cracking noise, and they said my driver is probably messed up. But I'm going to buy a new chain and sprocket and see what happens. Profile only makes hubs with 3/32" teeth. But the 9T is only compatible with 1/8" chain, yet the teeth are 3/32". 10T+ are compatible with both styles. So I am hoping that it is just my chain that is messing up. I need a new one anyway, I've had my Shadow chain for more than a year now, and it is extremely stretched. So I will try out my friends newer Shadow chain and see what happens, and if it's good, just buy a new chain. If problems still persist, I guess I'm buying a new driver, which I really don't want to, because mine right now is titanium.

Quick question, what type of grease is needed for titanium parts? Or moreover, what type of grease would be needed to grease the inside of the drive side and driver. I'm sure it is a different type of grease because of the different metals.

|

2/9/2010 7:37 PM

BMXgunnar08 wrote:

Ah, I understand now. I asked my bike shop what I can do about the cracking noise, and they said my driver is probably messed up. But I'm going to buy a new chain and sprocket and see what happens. Profile only makes hubs with 3/32" teeth. But the 9T is only compatible with 1/8" chain, yet the teeth are 3/32". 10T+ are compatible with both styles. So I am hoping that it is just my chain that is messing up. I need a new one anyway, I've had my Shadow chain for more than a year now, and it is extremely stretched. So I will try out my friends newer Shadow chain and see what happens, and if it's good, just buy a new chain. If problems still persist, I guess I'm buying a new driver, which I really don't want to, because mine right now is titanium.

Quick question, what type of grease is needed for titanium parts? Or moreover, what type of grease would be needed to grease the inside of the drive side and driver. I'm sure it is a different type of grease because of the different metals.

i can sell you a shadow chain for cheap, like 20 shipped

|

2/9/2010 7:48 PM

BMXgunnar08 wrote:

brentrides wrote:

Well, how new is it?

|

2/9/2010 8:02 PM

BMXgunnar08 wrote:

brentrides wrote:

BMXgunnar08 wrote:

Well, how new is it?

i rode it for like not even 2 months
great shape
ill post pics in like 2 or 3 minutes after they finish uploading

|

2/9/2010 8:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 12:53 AM

|

2/9/2010 8:26 PM

Hmmm, does it have the master link? I may have to think about it, and anyway, I won't be able to afford it for like a week or so. I might buy it off of you. How would you rate it condition wise? I want to buy it, but, honestly, I would rather have a new chain. First I need to make sure my chain I have now is the problem to the cracking noises. I will get back to you soon and see what's up. Thanks man.

|

2/9/2010 8:49 PM

yup
its an 8 or 9
it didnt come with a master link, a master pin or something though, and i have extra pins that are still mushroomed and havent been inserted into the chain
and i have all the time in the world , so whenever is good for you is good for me

|