Where do you draw the LINE?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/4/2018 10:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/4/2018 10:30 AM

I dont ride anything residential, unless its my own, of course.

Where do you say, "thats not right"?

Even though pretty much all Street riding is illegal...

|

3/4/2018 10:52 AM

In general, in the same way. Residential is tough because I don't want to ruin (or perceive to ruin) someone's hard-earned belongings. Public space is more lenient.. But I'm still cognizant of the fact that I could be damaging property & I'd rather not damage anything.

|

3/4/2018 11:26 AM

For me it's a case by case basis depending on factors such as who owns it, what it is, what it's made from and how much damage would I likely do (just black marks really).

|

Hmmm

3/4/2018 11:29 AM

Destroying someone’s private property. I’d feel bad if i did that. Now taking chunks out of a ledge at the local park? Who gives a shit

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

3/4/2018 11:30 AM

Well, not exactly chunks, but minor chips and scrapes and whatnot

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

3/4/2018 11:31 AM

Like if I dented a rail (not in a park) I really would not care because its not like people can't hold it or lean on it anymore.

|

Hmmm

3/4/2018 11:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/4/2018 11:35 AM

At my age. I ride stuff that’s designed and purposely built to be ridden (skated). Street riding is always damaging stuff. Every ledge I see is visually ruined with chunks knocked off and black with old wax.

|

3/4/2018 12:07 PM

Bitd there were no skateparks so had to ride street. Now there is so many parks, im surprised people still ride street bits

|

3/4/2018 1:20 PM

I won’t ride anything at someones house… we used to do that many years ago, there’s old photos/videos of us grinding the rails, fence or ledges at peoples houses but I won’t anymore cause it’s kinda fucked up… UNLESS it’s like a one of a kind super awesome setup… then maybe.

Anything else is free for all unless I know there are cameras/people watching. for instance there’s a spot with a super low mellowly slanted roof you can actually hop onto but too many kids who can’t hop high enough kept breaking the gutter and the guy across the street would always come out and bitch and say he’s calling the cops the second we get there… not usually a problem, we just hit it a few more times then leave… but they’ve since added cameras so RIP that spot

|

3/4/2018 1:24 PM

I dont really ride street that much... and if I do, I'm just jumping off ledges, stages, and stairsets.... I don't grind any street spots... but I just mostly ride park, and non-damaging street riding lol

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

3/4/2018 1:32 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Destroying someone’s private property. I’d feel bad if i did that. Now taking chunks out of a ledge at the local park? Who gives a shit

Skaters

|

3/4/2018 1:46 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Super-Pawl wrote:

Skaters

Lol. True. They cant just smash past it cause their vehicle is so much smaller and less mass...

|

3/4/2018 1:49 PM

C win wrote:

Bitd there were no skateparks so had to ride street. Now there is so many parks, im surprised people still ride street bits

Riding street imo is where its at. Making a spot work.is more interesting to me than going to a place designed for it. Also you dont have to compete with people at the park hogging a line or spot you want to do.

I pove the adventure of just cruising around and finding spots.

|

3/4/2018 2:13 PM

I ride park 95% of the time, so I barely have street influence. I’m only comfortable riding ditches and canals since there’s practically nobody to stop me since they’re so hidden. I’ve only ridden real “street” across my local park in a parking lot with stone ledges and some curbs, nothing fancy.

I guess I draw the line when I worry more about authorities than actually riding and looking at a spot.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @bmxereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

3/4/2018 2:15 PM

I'm the biggest street rat in this thread. 4 metal pegs, 4 peice bars, 3 pawl cassette, 30 pound bike. I don't touch ramps at all. If i go to a park i go straight to the street section. I'm always out on the streets trying to think of new things at an old spot. I don't have a local skatepark anyway but i do have a nice town to hang out at and hit the 5 or so spots there. I'm always respectful towards the local police and security guards (the entire station knows my face i swear). I know an amazing ledge but it's a guys driveway so i don't touch it. That's wear i draw the line. Damaging personal property. I don't really care if i take a little concrete off a ledge but when i start actually damaging stuff i lay off it.

|

Ride for yourself and have fun

3/4/2018 4:25 PM

The line has been drawn. No grinding on it.

|

3/4/2018 4:46 PM

Anthony Loves Subrosa wrote:

I'm the biggest street rat in this thread. 4 metal pegs, 4 peice bars, 3 pawl cassette, 30 pound bike. I don't touch ramps at all. If i go to a park i go straight to the street section. I'm always out on the streets trying to think of new things at an old spot. I don't have a local skatepark anyway but i do have a nice town to hang out at and hit the 5 or so spots there. I'm always respectful towards the local police and security guards (the entire station knows my face i swear). I know an amazing ledge but it's a guys driveway so i don't touch it. That's wear i draw the line. Damaging personal property. I don't really care if i take a little concrete off a ledge but when i start actually damaging stuff i lay off it.

but you do have the skill of a street rider?

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

3/4/2018 4:53 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

but you do have the skill of a street rider?

That's controversial

|

Ride for yourself and have fun

3/4/2018 5:32 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Super-Pawl wrote:

Skaters

Who cares about ledges? Pool coping is expensive.

|

3/4/2018 5:41 PM

But lol as a skateboarder, no lines are ever drawn, they’re mainly cut on a mirror. Except depending on people, but sometimes its just too sweet and tempting to resist.

This was 100% done by skaters

|

3/4/2018 5:46 PM

thairishguy wrote:

But lol as a skateboarder, no lines are ever drawn, they’re mainly cut on a mirror. Except depending on people, but sometimes its just too sweet and tempting to resist.

Haha that article was funny as hell lmao

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

3/4/2018 6:56 PM

As long as no one gets hurt and no ones personal property gets damaged I’m good . Walmart can pay for a chipped ledge to get fixed . An old man who’s retired and enjoying life shouldn’t have to worry about fixing his property

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/4/2018 7:24 PM

thairishguy wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Haha that article was funny as hell lmao

Lol yeah. I mean at this point those parking blocks can probably be found at various diy skate spots, or at nearby ditches.

|

3/4/2018 7:32 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

As long as no one gets hurt and no ones personal property gets damaged I’m good . Walmart can pay for a chipped ledge to get fixed . An old man who’s retired and enjoying life shouldn’t have to worry about fixing his property

That's the way. Only money raking corporations allowed.

|

3/4/2018 8:22 PM

I used to try to justify street riding saying atleast i'm not doing anything worse, "i could be stealing shit, selling drugs, hurting people, etc, riding a bike where it's not allowed is no biggie" type deal. But i eventually realized that i ruin peoples days. Some people hate me because i damage their company's property and maybe i'm even getting them in trouble with their boss. In the eyes of the general public street riders are "bad guys." Street riders fuck peoples shit up, i fuck peoples shit up, i don't intend to but it happens. Damaging stuff is a side effect of riding street. I fully recognize i'm in the wrong, but i'm not gonna stop. I love riding street and it sucks that i mess peoples stuff up, but i will not stop.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

3/4/2018 10:14 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I used to try to justify street riding saying atleast i'm not doing anything worse, "i could be stealing shit, selling drugs, hurting people, etc, riding a bike where it's not allowed is no biggie" type deal. But i eventually realized that i ruin peoples days. Some people hate me because i damage their company's property and maybe i'm even getting them in trouble with their boss. In the eyes of the general public street riders are "bad guys." Street riders fuck peoples shit up, i fuck peoples shit up, i don't intend to but it happens. Damaging stuff is a side effect of riding street. I fully recognize i'm in the wrong, but i'm not gonna stop. I love riding street and it sucks that i mess peoples stuff up, but i will not stop.

I agree with this 100%. I'll never stop riding street and "vandalizing" shit by riding it, but I also understand the detrimental effects it has.

I used to get super pissed off and think the cops were all assholes and out to get us all for riding bikes, but later that mindset changed because 99% of the time we ride street (unless we're in an area that the cops literally don't give a shit about or we have permission to ride) we are breaking the law. Obviously there are still some asshole cops out to get us, but I hate when people (skaters included) bitch about getting the cops called on them for "doing nothing" when they were clearly riding someone else's property. Yeah it sucks and I'd still be pissed, but it's a chance we all take.

|

3/4/2018 10:30 PM

I pretty much won't hit someone else's house. Without an invite everything else is fair game. If I saw some riding/skating in my yard I'd go straight Clint Eastwood on em and I'd fear the same from accidentally hitting up some insane persons house

|

3/4/2018 11:22 PM

I do whatever I do on a case by case basis. I don't even touch a spot if I see the owner around or feel like they might be simply for self preservation reasons be they personal or legal. I have a list of great spots in my head that I haven't hit because it's not been opportune moment. I mainly do this because I want to do something there and don't want to ruin it before I get a chance. I've been kicked out of places before I even had my bike there just for moving shit, waxing, trimming branches etc. If it's a worthy enough spot I respect it not for the owner but my own selfish pleasure and I don't even feel bad at all

|

@coupd_tat

3/4/2018 11:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/4/2018 11:28 PM

When it comes to street; I don't grind anywhere except government buildings (they always have the best ledges), malls, and corporate type places (ie: Walmart)

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

3/5/2018 12:40 AM

Everything is game. Obviously being pegless means I can't grind every ledge I find anyway. Which automatically rules out personal residential property for the most part. If it's a rented property, or part of a block of flats or something then I'm not directly affecting individuals.
What's the worst I can do? Leave some marks somewhere? I'm not out to hurt anyone, and I'm not going to actually damage anything that really matters.

People that ride with pegs should be more considerate though, as they are more likely to cause damage. The worst I can do is leave some plastic from my pedals behind, take a little paint off, or leave some tyre marks.

As for people moaning at me for riding anything. Fuck em. Bmxers and skaters have always been looked down on. Local bmxers have never had a say in any parks. We don't even have a park in the town I live in (every other town locally does, even some of the little villages). I'm a product of my environment. And I'm just being creative. I'm not a crack head robbing people, or some chavvy stoner breaking shit for the sake of it

|