Which bike is better

Related:
Create New Tag

6/20/2017 7:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/20/2017 7:40 AM

Buying a bike for my son. Both new to bmx. Which bike is better. Kink curb or eastern cobra. Thanks

|

6/20/2017 7:47 AM

I would go with the kink curb. But if I were you, I would raise my budget up to around 400 for a nice beginner bike that is full chromoly. A good bike would be a fit prk bike off of danscomp. Full chromoly and is from a good brand, fitbikeco. 20 inch toptube so would be good if he is younger and smaller. And it is only $369.95.

|

6/20/2017 10:40 AM

Chase Lille wrote:

I would go with the kink curb. But if I were you, I would raise my budget up to around 400 for a nice beginner bike that is ...more

The prk isn't full chromoly. It only has a chromoly toptube and downtube. To get a full chromoly bike you'd have to raise the budget to at least 500ish.

To be honest, any of those would be fine. Unless you can raise the budget to 500. Just bear in mind it won't last forever. But it's something to start out on, and parts can be upgraded over time.

It would be well worth checking ebay, Facebook groups, and Craigslist for second hand custom builds in your area. You could pick up a $1000 bike for around $300. It might need a little work or a few replacement parts, but well worth it in the long run

|

6/20/2017 11:32 AM

The kink whip is $419 before any coupons are applied, has a short top tube 20.5 and is a full chromo frame. The Hoffman Bama is $399 for the non anniversary edition and $450 for the 25 year edition before any discounts , both have full chromo frames, 20.75 top tube length.

|