Which cranks

Related:
Create New Tag

12/2/2015 6:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/2/2015 6:54 AM

Photo

Photo

Ok I building my bike and having a new fresh set up,I'm wanting 22mm cranks and out of these which ones can hold the abuse the most,I've never rode the bone death cranks but I've rode the odyssey they feel werid,I know this might sound dumb does cranks have different geometry or they all the same beside the length.and I know none death stuff can handle abuse just dint know what would last me for a long time.
|

12/2/2015 8:23 AM

Twombolts are a treat. I have no experience of the bone deth cranks so can't really comment on them. Length is the only thing that really varies. Some will flex a bit more than others. Or the shape of the arms might feel different in the way it touches your foot or whatever. Twombolts felt solid to me though, I didn't notice any flex, they never needed tightening, other than the spares being a bit expensive I'd say they're pretty flawless, imo

|

12/2/2015 9:17 AM

Will the twom crank fit my bully national sprocket that has a built in sprocket gaurd

|

12/2/2015 10:07 AM

Can't see why it wouldn't. On the drive side there's a little lip that the sprocket sits on, I had to tap mine on as it's a snug fit

|

12/2/2015 10:48 AM

Get thunderbolts, the upgraded twombolts

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

12/2/2015 11:33 AM

Id go with the bonedeths they look solid as fuck , oddyseys are everywhere , go with something different sand against the grain

|

12/2/2015 12:32 PM

Primo cranks are also a solid choice

|

It’s all bmx

12/2/2015 8:36 PM

Profile. Best warranty, best strength, and you cant go wrong with american made goods.

|

12/3/2015 6:39 AM

^hell yeah! Profile all day!

|

12/3/2015 7:27 AM

Profile aren't best strength nor best warranty if youre outside of the US.

Bent 2 sets, one at spindle one at arm,

|

12/3/2015 8:07 PM

Odyssey cranks always.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

12/4/2015 12:46 AM

Id back profiles I do have some profiles that are running 13 years strong and still going but i hear their not very cool these days from allot of kids who probably haven't even rode 13 years so i probably don't even know what I'm talking about

|

12/4/2015 7:10 AM

Mychaylo wrote:

You must have temper tantrums and throw your bike off of buildings or you need to work on riding a little smoother dude. Lol

|

12/4/2015 7:13 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Id back profiles I do have some profiles that are running 13 years strong and still going but i hear their not very cool these ...more

It's not about having good stuff anymore..it's about having the latest fad. If your bike wasn't made yesterday it's shit and WAY WAY WAYYYYYYYYYYY TOO FUCKING HEAVY! Lol kids these days need bikes that weigh .0735 ounces to be able to bunny hop a curb.

|

12/4/2015 7:15 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Id back profiles I do have some profiles that are running 13 years strong and still going but i hear their not very cool these ...more

I had profiles and liked them a lot. Snapped one arm and bent a spindle though (10 years ago when I rode a lot) I just prefer the 2.5 piece design now or I would have went collums

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

12/4/2015 8:07 AM

fischerjd wrote:

Profile. Best warranty, best strength, and you cant go wrong with american made goods.

Lol yes you can. Profiles are piss weak and have a shitty warranty compared to Odyssey.

But I am biased towards Taiwan so take it for whatever you want to.

|

12/4/2015 8:28 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Lol yes you can. Profiles are piss weak and have a shitty warranty compared to Odyssey.

But I am biased towards Taiwan so ...more

Then rock the Profile SS cranks lol I guarantee you won't bend/break those mofos! Haha I honestly hate parts made outside the USA...they're cheaply made imo...but I'm super biased lol. But buy what you want I don't give a fuuuuuuck!

|

12/4/2015 8:45 AM

Gotta give it up to tiawan though , they really take advantage of child labour , if their gonna put those fuckers to work and I get parts at a lower cost I can't complain about that , to many rights activist pussys on this side of the world to do that , they're trying to pass a bill here in Canada that would hurt family farming , cause growing up as a kid and working on a farm is so cruel , kids getting work ethic is wrong !

|

12/4/2015 8:50 AM

Poverty POW from 2002. You will NOT break them.

But yea, of those two, I would pick Odyssey.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/4/2015 9:39 AM

Maybe Taiwan's workforce isn't like the U.S. or Canada, but i don't think it's the kids working day & night thing you're thinking if is. Here's a quote from a Bloomberg business article in 2013 talking about how just now are companies starting to come back to Taiwan due to truly low costs elsewhere:

Taiwan Wages
Taiwan’s real average monthly wage for the services and industrial companies was equivalent to about $1,500 in 2012, or 3.4 percent lower than in 2000, according to the Council of Labor Affairs. In China, average wages rose to about $577 a month in 2011, more than four times the level in 2000, data from the country’s National Bureau of Statistics show.
Taiwan’s wages are too high to compete with countries such as Cambodia and Vietnam for lower-skilled work.
“Many manufacturers are still looking for low-cost production bases to expand in, rather than considering Taiwan as the first destination.” said Raymond Yeung, Hong Kong-based senior economist at Australia & New Zealand Banking Group Ltd.
In Vietnam, the average worker earns about $206 a month, and in Bangladesh about $39, according to government data.
“Our economy is in a bottleneck and hasn’t evolved,” said Wang at the National Federation of Industries. “We’re more interested in the value-added part of the supply chain, the R&D side, for which we can provide skilled labor.”
Long Term
Ma’s policies may take years to show their full effect as factories are constructed and equipped. Even if successful, they may only boost growth by 0.1 percentage point this year, according to Barclays Plc. Taiwan forecast GDP will expand 2.4 percent in 2013.
The government estimates returning companies will bring back more than 28,000 jobs over three years.
Giant, which began investing in China 20 years ago, is building a new headquarters and research and development center in Taichung, central Taiwan. When it’s completed in three years, the company will increase production of its top-end models at its factory, said Chief Executive Officer Antony Lo.
“It’s not economical any more to make high-end bicycles in Kunshan” in China’s Jiangsu province, Lo said in an interview in Taipei. “Taiwan has talent, artisans with good skills. It’s hard to find people in China.”
|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

12/4/2015 10:05 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Gotta give it up to tiawan though , they really take advantage of child labour , if their gonna put those fuckers to work and ...more

Some of those little kids can do some damn good welding, that's for sure.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

12/4/2015 2:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/4/2015 2:59 PM

People that say profile are weak are obviously dumb. Yes people have broken them. But they've been in production since the later 70's, what percentage of cranks they've made do you think have broken in that time?
Whereas, every generation of primo cranks have had design issues (and every aluminium crank will follow).
I had twombolts, couldn't fault them, that's why I recommend them out of the two. But I doubt I'll ever use anything other than profiles again.

|

12/4/2015 6:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/4/2015 6:06 PM

PROFILE enough said u cant go wrong best all around cranks

|

Built to abuse

12/4/2015 6:32 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

JPond53 wrote:

You must have temper tantrums and throw your bike off of buildings or you need to work on riding a little smoother dude. Lol

Nah, throwing bikes is for hormonal kids who think adam22's dick tastes sweet.

I just dont get along with 19mm cranks. Not a heavy or even a tall guy, just stairs, rails and ledges with alot more ramp riding nowadays. Both sets of cranks were a couple years old when they failed. I just have no issues with 22mm cranks, two sets of powerbites, one set of hollowbites and one set of tibias and no problems.

Each to their own, if profiles are good to you, then you do you friend!

|

12/4/2015 6:42 PM

JPond53 wrote:

Or maybe he actually rides more than smooth transitions at a skatepark?

All the people I see claiming they're "Strong as fuck with no problems" also only ride that kind of stuff and a tiny amount of street. I've personally witnessed at least 2 sets of them snapping while riding street. Actual street, not peg high .00003MPH street. Stairs, gaps, etc.

I can't personally vouch for them though but even if they're "strong enough" that's not good enough for me. I'd rather have Odyssey Thunderbolts that I know I can trust when I want to 360 off a high ledge or stair set. Not to mention Odyssey cranks will never develop a wobble from the splines wearing out.

|

12/4/2015 6:46 PM

Bruh??????

|

Built to abuse

12/4/2015 6:52 PM

Sunday bmxr hey dude i understand what ur sayin but for me at 275pds and 6ft ive never had any profiles break and i bash them to fuck lol on dirt jumps and hard dropoffs in town and u know how gburg and hanover riding goes lol

|

Built to abuse

12/6/2015 10:24 AM

Why not bad substance cranks or fiend cranks

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

12/6/2015 10:55 AM

Try looking in the 4 sale section? A couple of members have some good cranks 4 sale..
Aebasher has some Fiend cranks at a killer price.
Liget dude to..

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

12/8/2015 11:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/8/2015 11:45 AM

What do you guys think of the Madera cranks?
https://www.danscomp.com/products/451004/Madera_Protocol_HT_Cranks.html

Made by Profile. I know Profile is big into the racing scene, but wonder if they would hold up to dirt jumping. Or if other cranks would be setup better for dirt jumping.

|