Which foot is forward for your, aaaaaand.......

Related:
Create New Tag

2/4/2020 8:29 AM

What hand is your dominant hand?

I'm a righty and I ride with my right foot forward. I'm wondering if that is not the norm. And I'm not sure if I'm seeing it right or not but I think I see more people ride left foot forward than right. And I'm assuming most people are right handed....

Would be interested to see what you all are.

Now for your right foot forward riders.....

Did you build a bike with left hand drive? Or run a bashguard? Half a bashguard? Beefier chain? Both? Just curious.

You ambidextrous people don't count. I'm just jealous of you. LOL. Just kidding, if you are ambidextrous I'd like to hear if any of you can switch your feet position and spin either way with no probs too.....

If this has been done before, I apologize but it seems pretty interesting to me and I might learn something.

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus.

2/4/2020 8:56 AM

Right foot forward, Pegs on right side, right side drive (I do run a bashguard and cog guard), I tried LHD but I do a lot of back pedal and crooked grinds from my pegless days habits that never went away so having my driveside on my peg side works better personally

and right handed lol

|

twitter

PROBZ

2/4/2020 9:07 AM

Right handed and left foot forward. That's how I ride a skateboard so it felt natural to me.

|

2/4/2020 9:50 AM

We’ve talked about this quite a bit lol.

Your dominant hand has nothing to do with your forwards foot, even though it seems there may be some correlation.

I’m right handed. Left foot forwards, prefer LHD since I grind right (but moving to RHD tomorrow, either way, I don’t run pegs so it don’t matter, just cosmetic), spin both but am slightly more comfy spinning left.

That being said, I’ve built a LHD bike before, it’s the same as building a RHD setup just sprocket is on the left, that’s all.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

2/4/2020 10:57 AM

Im left handed, i ride right forward spin left makes sense to me lol

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

2/4/2020 11:33 AM

Yeah, like readybmxer said, there isn't really a correlation between your dominant hand and the foot you ride forward. Also, I may be slightly off, but from what I've seen, it's kinda 50/50 with people who ride with their right foot forward vs people with their left foot foward.

Anyways, I'm left handed and I ride right foot foward and I also run right hand drive (not really by choice, it just happened like that). I grind on both sides, but I'm more dominant on my right side, so I do run a guard sprocket. That being said, I pretty rarely accidentally hit my sprocket, only ever happens on crooked grinds or if I screw up on a crank arm grind, which does happen quite a bit because I suck at crank arm grinds lol

|

2/4/2020 11:38 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Right handed and left foot forward. That's how I ride a skateboard so it felt natural to me.

That's interesting because I ride with my right foot foward on a bike, but I ride regular on a skateboard.

|

2/4/2020 11:46 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Undesemin wrote:

That's interesting because I ride with my right foot foward on a bike, but I ride regular on a skateboard.

Same but the opposite, I ride left foot forward, and I skate/snowboard goofy.
Add to that I got a skier friend that I initiated to snowboard and bmx, he rides goofy like me, but he ride the bike right foot forward.

The logic behind this ? ... none.

|

2/4/2020 12:00 PM

Right handed. Left foot forward, spin to the right and ride left side pegs. I used to be able to do 720’s both ways though.

Also I ride a skateboard goofy.

|

2/4/2020 12:01 PM

Right handed. Left foot forward, spin to the right and ride left side pegs. I used to be able to do 720’s both ways though.

Also I ride a skateboard goofy.

|

2/4/2020 12:03 PM

Right handed, left-foot forward and spin left (classic goofy-footed)

|

Licensed Desk Jockey

2/4/2020 12:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/4/2020 12:24 PM

Pretty sure we made this thread already.

Right handed, Left foot forward, lever on the left, spin to the right, pegs on left. same on skateboard, kick ball with right foot.

|

2/4/2020 12:23 PM

Fortyseven wrote:

What hand is your dominant hand?

I'm a righty and I ride with my right foot forward. I'm wondering if that is not the norm. And I'm not sure if I'm seeing it right or not but I think I see more people ride left foot forward than right. And I'm assuming most people are right handed....

Would be interested to see what you all are.

Now for your right foot forward riders.....

Did you build a bike with left hand drive? Or run a bashguard? Half a bashguard? Beefier chain? Both? Just curious.

You ambidextrous people don't count. I'm just jealous of you. LOL. Just kidding, if you are ambidextrous I'd like to hear if any of you can switch your feet position and spin either way with no probs too.....

If this has been done before, I apologize but it seems pretty interesting to me and I might learn something.

Right handed. Air right. (Just about). Don’t know what foot is forward, but assume left and gave brake left side (sniper 1 finger) great brake. All adds up to average unimpressive riding, but some mega crashes.

|

2/4/2020 12:32 PM

winny wrote:

Right handed. Air right. (Just about). Don’t know what foot is forward, but assume left and gave brake left side (sniper 1 finger) great brake. All adds up to average unimpressive riding, but some mega crashes.

Crashing still involves skill, don't sell yourself short.

|

2/4/2020 12:59 PM

right handed
right foot forward
kick a ball with my left foot
skate with my left foot forward
spin counter clockwise

I learned grinds on my right side, well before left hand drive was a thing. I broke a lot of chains. we also had 44 tooth sprockets back then so it was much easier to hang up on a grind.

I also learned to grind opposite because most of my friends would grind left we would end up at more 'left sided grind' spots and I wasn't going to sit around and not ride. Oddly, my opposite feeble grinds locked in better for me than my regular side.

|

2/4/2020 1:25 PM

d-Herz wrote:

Now that's interesting.... You're spinning opposite of what most people do. From what I can tell. That is cool.

I never understood what was the right terminology in skating. I rode with my right foot forward and pushed with my left rear foot. then I would see kids leaving their rear foot on the board and push with their front... Wowz. It's funny how we're all different.

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus.

2/4/2020 2:59 PM

Cellmember wrote:

Pretty sure we made this thread already.

Right handed, Left foot forward, lever on the left, spin to the right, pegs on left. same on skateboard, kick ball with right foot.

Yep. Done to death. Someone find the last thread made on this.

|

2/4/2020 3:10 PM

I write with my right hand, throw with my left, bat left handed, some things it doesn't matter what hand I use. Skated left forward, push right foot.

I don't know if I have a regular foot forward on my bike. When I'm attempting a 180 I want to spin left. I use my right foot in footjams.

So I'm sort of ambidextrous, and a lot just screwed up..

|

2/5/2020 6:15 AM

d-Herz wrote:

Fortyseven wrote:

Now that's interesting.... You're spinning opposite of what most people do. From what I can tell. That is cool.

I never understood what was the right terminology in skating. I rode with my right foot forward and pushed with my left rear foot. then I would see kids leaving their rear foot on the board and push with their front... Wowz. It's funny how we're all different.

Yep! I am 100% goofy-footed on bicycles. As you start watching different riders you will begin to notice these types of things and how it affects their styles and tricks. Growing up Mikey Aitken was my favorite rider and he was goofy-footed as well. Ryan Nyquist is another big name goofy-footed rider. When it comes to board sports I am regular footed (left-foot forward).

Sounds like you are goofy-footed on boards. When skaters push with their front foot and leave their rear-foot on the board its called "mongo" or "skating mongo". Don't ask me why lol.

|

Licensed Desk Jockey

2/5/2020 8:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2020 8:08 AM

Forty, if you want more answers, which many are the same, here are a few older threads.

https://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/General-BMX-Talk,2/RIGHT-FOOT-FORWARD-OR-LEFT,1323289

https://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/General-BMX-Talk,2/anyone-else-do-all-of-their-tricks-oppo,1320316

https://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/General-BMX-Talk,2/drive-side-peg-side-preference,1318371

At the end of the day, whatever’s natural is what’s best, dominant hand is irrelevant.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

2/5/2020 9:51 AM

Thanks Ready!!!!!

|

2/5/2020 10:00 AM

After reading those threads I think I was weird on a skateboard. I rode right foot forward and spun to the right. I ride bikes right foot forward but spin to the left. Interesting.

Lately I've been watching what way the pros are doing stuff to see all the differences. It's pretty interesting.

|

2/5/2020 10:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2020 1:31 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Undesemin wrote:

I never even thought to try right foot foward. I just got on and it worked out that way. Like Franky said, no logic.

|

2/5/2020 11:10 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Undesemin wrote:

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

I never even thought to try right foot foward. I just got on and it worked out that way. Like Franky said, no logic.

Ditto. Was NEVER a thought in my mind. I just rode the way I felt comfortable.

|

2/5/2020 3:16 PM

I'm right handed, right foot forward. Right side pegs with left front peg. I ride goofy on a skateboard. My bike came lhd and it's highly recommend.

|

2/14/2020 7:24 AM

I'm left foot forward, pegs on my left, but I'm right handed.

|

2/15/2020 10:49 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Yezzz... any other way feels odd

|

Come, as you are. As you were. As “they” want you to be....