Which frame?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/26/2011 5:29 PM

Im having trouble deciding which frame i should get if money is not a problem:

The Sunday Forecaster or the Sunday 3rd wave, what do u guys like and hate about these frames and which one would u get?

thanks.

|

7/26/2011 5:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/26/2011 5:39 PM

The forecaster has less traditional geometry (shorter chainstay and .5 degree higher HT angle) but it doesn't have the wave toptube or hollow, thicker dropouts. Also there are no integrated chain tensioners...

But I'm pretty sure the forecaster is strong enough, so I would get it to save $50 and for the twitchier geometry. Both have lifetime warranties so I think you can get a new one if a dropout bends or something, but I don't think it'll be an issue.

But if you like trails or getting huge air in parks, shorter chainstays aren't as good because they're less stable in the air. I've never ridden a 13.25" chainstay so I don't know from experience, but bikeguide says so. And I will forever hold bike guide true. And that's probably right because the conductor (sunday's trail frame) has a long 14"-14.75" chainstay.

|

7/26/2011 6:17 PM

Get the forecaster it has better colors and it has a way better geometry than the 3rd wave plus it is also cheaper. You can't go wrong with either though just choose the one with your favorite geometry.

|

Just ride.

7/26/2011 6:31 PM

SafetyFirst wrote:

The forecaster has less traditional geometry (shorter chainstay and .5 degree higher HT angle) but it doesn't have the wave toptube or hollow, thicker dropouts. Also there are no integrated chain tensioners...

But I'm pretty sure the forecaster is strong enough, so I would get it to save $50 and for the twitchier geometry. Both have lifetime warranties so I think you can get a new one if a dropout bends or something, but I don't think it'll be an issue.

But if you like trails or getting huge air in parks, shorter chainstays aren't as good because they're less stable in the air. I've never ridden a 13.25" chainstay so I don't know from experience, but bikeguide says so. And I will forever hold bike guide true. And that's probably right because the conductor (sunday's trail frame) has a long 14"-14.75" chainstay.

thanks dude

|

7/26/2011 6:37 PM

longer chainstay frame:

FBM Gypsy

Mid-Chainstay frame:

The Take Babylon

Small chainstay frame:

FBM Berzerker

i own fbm berzerker and i would recommend a 20.75 since the chain stay is so short. i love the feel of the take babylon for anything, the berzerker is squirrely on trails. the take is good for ANYTHING. the gypsy is a nice framefor trails, but you would be fine any where with it, not the greatest for street because its a bigger frame as in higher standover, longer chainstay, only comes in 20.75 and higher.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

7/26/2011 8:23 PM

future FBM wrote:

longer chainstay frame:

FBM Gypsy

Mid-Chainstay frame:

The Take Babylon

Small chainstay frame:

FBM Berzerker

i own fbm berzerker and i would recommend a 20.75 since the chain stay is so short. i love the feel of the take babylon for anything, the berzerker is squirrely on trails. the take is good for ANYTHING. the gypsy is a nice framefor trails, but you would be fine any where with it, not the greatest for street because its a bigger frame as in higher standover, longer chainstay, only comes in 20.75 and higher.

you really do love fbm

|

Just ride and stop being a DICK to the new kids

7/26/2011 8:47 PM

future FBM wrote:

longer chainstay frame:

FBM Gypsy

Mid-Chainstay frame:

The Take Babylon

Small chainstay frame:

FBM Berzerker

gtbikes wrote:

you really do love fbm

fuck yes i do. ever heard anything wrong with them.........? exactly hahah

|

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

7/26/2011 9:27 PM

future FBM wrote:

longer chainstay frame:

FBM Gypsy

Mid-Chainstay frame:

The Take Babylon

Small chainstay frame:

FBM Berzerker

but i wanted to know which sunday frame u would rather get. the Sunday forecaster, or the sunday 3rd wave.

|

7/26/2011 9:56 PM

future FBM wrote:

longer chainstay frame:

FBM Gypsy

Mid-Chainstay frame:

The Take Babylon

Small chainstay frame:

FBM Berzerker

Paul_Kravchenko wrote:

but i wanted to know which sunday frame u would rather get. the Sunday forecaster, or the sunday 3rd wave.

sunday is overratted, give your money to a small shop that produces quality parts and in america, no one has issues with fbm or the take. i'd say they are better than sunday

|

7/27/2011 10:32 PM

future FBM wrote:

longer chainstay frame:

FBM Gypsy

Mid-Chainstay frame:

The Take Babylon

Small chainstay frame:

FBM Berzerker

Paul_Kravchenko wrote:

future FBM wrote:

sunday is overratted, give your money to a small shop that produces quality parts and in america, no one has issues with fbm or the take. i'd say they are better than sunday

I get it for free

|

7/27/2011 10:40 PM

Paul_Kravchenko wrote:

I get it for free

then why were you going to buy an ian?

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

7/28/2011 8:30 AM

future FBM wrote:

Paul_Kravchenko wrote:

I get it for free

Spenlard wrote:

then why were you going to buy an ian?

My brother needs a good frame

|

7/28/2011 8:45 AM

3rd wave because i had a 2nd wave and it was meh

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips