Create New Tag

1/4/2021 11:03 AM

I can't decide what frame I should get. I have been looking at these
Wethepeople Patrol
Wethepeople Revolver
Sunday Soundwave v3
Sunday Park Ranger
Maybe a total?

I would have probably chosen the park ranger straight away if it had 41Thermal on

I like to ride bowls and go fast and high but I also like to do a little bit of spine and try a bit of street. and I LOVE to ride pump tracks

|

1/4/2021 11:20 AM

how many threads are you going to make about frames?

|

It’s all bmx

1/4/2021 11:21 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

how many threads are you going to make about frames?

200 more to go

|

1/4/2021 12:08 PM

Kink Contender. Go ahead and make a new thread about that one.

|

Husky Nation Member

1/4/2021 12:20 PM

baglagrupie wrote:

Kink Contender. Go ahead and make a new thread about that one.

I was looking at the contender a while back it seems like a really nice frame. But now I'm thinking about just being Husky and getting a sunday

|

1/4/2021 12:24 PM

I’m yet to see proof that 41thermal tubing makes much difference to the average rider. If you really think you might break it the lifetime warranty would be a bigger deciding factor. But are you going to keep it for your lifetime? Just buy whichever frame you think will get you more stoked. A T1 skapegoat would still get my vote as I don’t care much for wtp or Sunday

|

1/4/2021 12:27 PM

.pegless. wrote:

I’m yet to see proof that 41thermal tubing makes much difference to the average rider. If you really think you might break it ...more

S&M or T1 would be in the basket straight away but iv heard that S&M are just some kids who don't know how to make frames and still have no idea if that's true or not.

I would also love to support a brand which doesn't get their frames made in Taiwan

|

1/4/2021 12:36 PM

.pegless. wrote:

I’m yet to see proof that 41thermal tubing makes much difference to the average rider. If you really think you might break it ...more

Will16Wagstaff wrote:

S&M or T1 would be in the basket straight away but iv heard that S&M are just some kids who don't know how to make ...more

Skapegoat is made in Taiwan. I’m yet to see evidence Taiwanese frames aren’t as good as US made too. I’ve been riding since 94 and the only frames I’ve cracked have been s&m (not saying s&m are more likely to crack, it’s a skewed statistic. I’ve seen plenty of cracked federal frames, but that’s just because they’re very poplar where I am). If you’ve got the cash, get a custom work frame. I’ve had 6 or 7 frames now made by John corts, not a single problem or dodgy weld on any of them. But honestly, the quality between brands is so marginal it’s not worth taking into consideration

|

1/4/2021 12:36 PM

.pegless. wrote:

Will16Wagstaff wrote:

S&M or T1 would be in the basket straight away but iv heard that S&M are just some kids who don't know how to make ...more

Some of the best frames are made out there it’s kind of tough to find just American made frames in that perfect geo I like kink never had issues but if I was going S&m I’d recommend holy diver or btm

|

1/4/2021 1:26 PM

.pegless. wrote:

Will16Wagstaff wrote:

What moron told you that? That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard so I hope you're trolling. S&M has been around for over 30 years and Chris Moeller has been running the ship forever. He stands by his products.

|

1/4/2021 1:26 PM

Get a standard 250l

|

1/4/2021 1:37 PM

.pegless. wrote:

Will16Wagstaff wrote:

MostlyBowlDoggin wrote:

What moron told you that? That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard so I hope you're trolling. S&M has been around ...more

No im not trolling i saw a thread talking about it I'm looking for it now

|

1/4/2021 1:38 PM

Stop making frame threads and just buy a titanium laird frame already

|

1/4/2021 1:42 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Stop making frame threads and just buy a titanium laird frame already

Thats actually a good idea

|

1/4/2021 5:44 PM

Please chill with the threads. Just keep everything in one place. Good lord.

|

1/4/2021 5:52 PM

Bruh.

Photo

|

1/4/2021 7:13 PM

Cellmember wrote:

Bruh.

Photo

Is this oc? Regardless, I’ll be saving it for future use

|

1/4/2021 7:22 PM

.pegless. wrote:

Will16Wagstaff wrote:

MostlyBowlDoggin wrote:

What moron told you that? That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard so I hope you're trolling. S&M has been around ...more

S&m had the shittiest welds for a while, there was a batch of t1 barcodes that were atrocious. They looked like the tubes were stuck together with chewing gum before being painted

|

1/5/2021 2:54 AM

I support the Ti Laird.. I love mine

But total. I absolutely love them.

American made frames are alright. The lack of American frames without integrated chain tensioners is wack though.

|

1/5/2021 4:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2021 4:16 AM

Mulletsnax wrote:

American made frames are alright. The lack of ...more

I had ONE frame that had them, didn't use em. I don't get why everyone "needs" them. My wheel hasn't moved that I can recall in years, across 5 different frames. It's not slammed either. Center of the dropouts, 100% of the time.

I also don't get alloy axle nuts etc, and don't slam into grinds or throw my bike, so there's that.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/5/2021 4:45 AM

Mulletsnax wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

I had ONE frame that had them, didn't use em. I don't get why everyone "needs" them. My wheel hasn't moved that I can recall ...more

I personally do lots of tailwhips and flipwhips. I run my chain stupid super tight, run a rubber washer in between my bottom bracket and I don’t run the spacer in the middle of it. I don’t like my crank moving the slightest. I also use the chain tensioners to align the wheel with my brake pads.

|

1/5/2021 7:18 AM

Mulletsnax wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

I had ONE frame that had them, didn't use em. I don't get why everyone "needs" them. My wheel hasn't moved that I can recall ...more

Mulletsnax wrote:

I personally do lots of tailwhips and flipwhips. I run my chain stupid super tight, run a rubber washer in between my bottom ...more

Have you checked out the Vocal DRS Bottom Bracket id really recommend it.

https://www.vocalbmx.com/shop/vice-drs-bottom-bracket/

|

1/5/2021 11:10 AM

.pegless. wrote:

Will16Wagstaff wrote:

MostlyBowlDoggin wrote:

At the risk of continuing another frame thread, I just think it’s amusing the loyalty towards specific brands. Don’t get me wrong...I am die-hard loyal to my S&M/FIT frames, forks, stems, whatever.

But disrespecting S&M, Odyssey, Sunday on Vital is like walking into the middle of a trailer park screaming “FUCK WALMART!!!”

|

1/5/2021 11:55 AM

Will16Wagstaff wrote:

MostlyBowlDoggin wrote:

vagabond wrote:

At the risk of continuing another frame thread, I just think it’s amusing the loyalty towards specific brands. Don’t get me ...more

And Cigarettes and were taking away your food stamps

|

Husky Nation Member

1/5/2021 12:43 PM

Cellmember wrote:

Bruh.

Photo

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Oc is that original creation ? I don't know ? If it is, the picture is not mine but the amazing crayonesk line and character artwork is mine, I'm very proud of it, took me a whole 1min 36s to complete.

|

1/5/2021 12:51 PM

Cellmember wrote:

Bruh.

Photo

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Cellmember wrote:

Oc is that original creation ? I don't know ? If it is, the picture is not mine but the amazing crayonesk line and character ...more

Some of my best work was done over many pints in an airport lounge.

|

1/5/2021 3:31 PM

Cellmember wrote:

Bruh.

Photo

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Cellmember wrote:

Oc is that original creation ? I don't know ? If it is, the picture is not mine but the amazing crayonesk line and character ...more

Yes it is, was curious if you were the one that added the text and lines. Superb job, hopefully I will be able to use it in the future

|

1/5/2021 3:40 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Cellmember wrote:

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Yes it is, was curious if you were the one that added the text and lines. Superb job, hopefully I will be able to use it in ...more

Cool, yep fine by me my man.

|

1/5/2021 3:41 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Cellmember wrote:

vagabond wrote:

Some of my best work was done over many pints in an airport lounge.

Definitely a good way of sorting out bordem.

|

1/5/2021 5:51 PM

.pegless. wrote:

Will16Wagstaff wrote:

What? Kids that don’t know how to make frames? First off, them and Standard are the final Made in USA frames not custom ordered. Second, the master welders at S&M are the standard by which other companies measure themselves. If you want a mass produced POS from Taiwan, buy a Sunday, WTP, etc. T1 are nice as well or high end FIT which are made in S&M warehouse. Far from kids that can’t make frames. Maybe you are a beginner and the Taiwan bikes are more your speed..if so, enjoy and then step up to S&M when your skills match the frame quality.

|