Which is more fun and easier in your opinion - Ramps, street, flatland and trials?(dirt)

Related:
Create New Tag

7/9/2013 9:03 AM

I just wanna know smilesmile

|

7/9/2013 9:07 AM

depends, wanna ride street bad but there is no decent street so stuck to a few shitty parks. Wanna try trails though...

|

Bruh

7/9/2013 9:14 AM

trails is a blast. i have more fun riding smaller trails than big ones tho. more of a comfort issue there. but all i rode growing up is street, then some park when i went off to college.

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

7/9/2013 9:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/9/2013 9:17 AM

Flatland is the hardest discipline of BMX by a country mile! It takes strength, determination, passion & a great amount of skill.

Trails scares the shit out of me, i think it takes major balls to haul ass & air like 15-20 feet out of a rock solid lump of dirt!

Park if you want to be like full on Trick Ferret that takes a great deal of bike control! I mean whilst i am not the greatest fan of this style of riding when you see guys do 360 Tail Whips to foot jam Tail Whip to 180 drop on. That takes some fucking skill!

Street can be pretty easy, if you just work on grinds on a little flat rail or ledge, or maybe hop bars or foot jam whips on a little bank you can progress quite quickly but when you Ice Pick down a 20 Stair Kinked Rail or 360 Whip down a 15 Stair. That not only takes BALLS it takes commitment & serious confidence in yourself.

TBH i don't think any style of riding is the "Easiest" However i ride Street, i have for nearly 14 years now, i LOVE it. I can't really begin to explain why. To me its just the best style of BMX there's just something about cruising the Streets & using whats in front of you not whats been built specifically for you to ride on.

|

7/9/2013 9:18 AM

ahh...for some reason trials and street seem so fun to me, the same reason as you said for street and trials because it seems so fun and balzy!!!!

|

7/9/2013 9:55 AM

In my opinion, street riding is the best. you can always find new setups that you don't see elsewhere. you ride something new everday.

|

7/9/2013 10:03 AM

Tommy just so you know its T R A I L S NOT T R I A L S, Trails is BMX Dirt Jumping, Trials is a whole other discipline of Bike Riding. Hopping over Rocks & all that shit.

|

7/9/2013 10:59 AM

I ride Park and Street, 90-95% of the time, and the rest is partly Trails, partly Flatland.

However when I ride Park half of the time I do technical stuff on Banks and Ledges etc, much like Street. The other half is mostly flowing concrete Bowls, not doing many tricks, and some big Fakie stuff and Fufanus and Stalls, like Double Peg stalls or Ghost Feeble stalls, etc.
A fair bit of my Street riding is at this amazing street spot in my town that is much like a skatepark (It has quarterpipe and hip like structures)
I say I do very little Flatland but most of the stuff I do on Banks is like Flatland in many ways, and so is a lot of what I do on Street, it kind of crosses over
I ride very little dirt because I'm awful at gaps.

|

7/9/2013 11:18 AM

Trails haha sorry, and yeah gaps do seem scary but getting Air feels amazing imo. And I do agree, street is fun and is isn't really meant to be ridden and it's taking advantage of things built for other purposes.

|

7/9/2013 1:01 PM

trails is the best riding there is nothing beat the feeling of getting huge air im trying to get more into flatland though but its so damn difficult to learn and im too lazy haha

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

7/9/2013 2:23 PM

Flatland

|

fack off

7/9/2013 4:21 PM

deffinatly think trails is the funnest........cant beat the feeling of making it through a set of trails..............I love riding a good deep fast bowl or a skatepark with good big transitions to..........flatlands hard as hell............street bores the hell out of me the only time I really ride it is when im wanting to film a huge gap or something scary as hell, so I don't really enjoy street all that much but its all fun

|

7/10/2013 1:23 AM

It's such a subjective subject to say which is easier or harder because everyone is different, what one person finds easy another might struggle with, but I would say flatland is the most difficult to learn well just because of how much dedication and commitment it takes to get good at.

On any terrain tho its the more technical tricks that are difficult, and the rest of it pretty much come down to balls and mental agility, I mean it don't really take that much pyhsical skill to blast a large gap or dirt jump, but if you wanna 3whip that said gap you are gonner need to take some skill and practice along for the ride.

I don't ride flatland, just street/park/bowls/trails and I would find it hard to pick my favourite but if I had to choose for me it would breakdown something like this. I find....

Street: most rewarding
Bowls: most fun
Trails: most mentally challenging
Park: most physically challenging

I love them all equally just for different reasons.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

7/10/2013 4:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/10/2013 4:05 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

depends, wanna ride street bad but there is no decent street so stuck to a few shitty parks. Wanna try trails though...

Didn't I read in a thread somewhere you lived near telford? If so there is quite a lot of good street to ride in the town centre also I know of a good set of trails on halesfield industrial estate. Hit me up if you want directions to the trails cuz unless you knew where they are you'd neva find em.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

7/10/2013 9:02 AM

and no i live in derby

|

7/10/2013 9:59 AM

Tommy69 wrote:

and no i live in derby

Not you mate! Zach P-D

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

7/10/2013 10:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/10/2013 10:05 AM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Didn't I read in a thread somewhere you lived near telford? If so there is quite a lot of good street to ride in the town centre also I know of a good set of trails on halesfield industrial estate. Hit me up if you want directions to the trails cuz unless you knew where they are you'd neva find em.

About a 45 min drive away from Telford (WV16 6RS) so not that far but far enough that parents are like nooooo sad

I'll hit ya up when i can drive lol.

|

Bruh

7/10/2013 10:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/10/2013 10:19 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Zach P-D wrote:

About a 45 min drive away from Telford (WV16 6RS) so not that far but far enough that parents are like nooooo sad

I'll hit ya up when i can drive lol.

No worries bro. Maybe you can build some trails closer to yourself. Just a thought, something to do this winter maybe.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

7/10/2013 10:34 AM

the land isn't ours sad

|

Bruh

7/10/2013 10:46 AM

Man really need to find some trails where i live

|

7/10/2013 3:09 PM

Street and flatland are More fun, learning all them which aint easy, will progress you to be more stable and balance better for ramps, for beginners its not a good idea it will break the bike, untill youre good enoufh to use a very good bmx, Its all fun and great stuff but whenever you come off and hurt your self just get up and keep on trying never give up

|