Which parts by group should I get first?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/4/2013 4:15 AM

So, Uhh.. Yeah, Hi Guys! Can I ask for some tips in buying parts, Well, so far I already got myself a 25T Sprocket, and the rest not yet... I vary my parts by group according to shops, So that when I do shipping I'll order everything in the shop all-in-one, So.. Which group should I get first? What do you recommend me? Thanks for reading.

So, here are the groups...

Group No. 1: Chain/Fork/Pegs/Cranks
Group No. 2: Front Hub/Headset/Pedals/Seat/Seatpost/Grips
Group No. 3: Frame/Rims
Group No. 4: Rear Hub/Spokes/Tyres

|

#TennisRunsInOurBlood
#RideBMX

11/4/2013 4:22 AM

I always like to build around the frame so I go with group 3 first out of that list, the way I usually build tho is..

Frame
Front end
Wheelset
Drivetrain & seat

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

11/4/2013 4:28 AM

I'd just buy a complete lol

|

fack off

11/4/2013 5:23 AM

|

11/4/2013 6:34 AM

For rims I'd recommend some ribcages and frame depends on what geo you like.

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

11/4/2013 6:51 AM

I bought my frame first then got all the smaller stuff and now all I gotta get is the rims, forks, cranks, bars, and stem, and then ill be done. lol But yeah its always more fun to build around the frame so i'd go with group 3.

|

United Bike Co

The Shadow Conspiracy

"Whats the point in 3 pegs? What is it, 10oz for a peg? Just put the 4th one on! Jeez!"

11/4/2013 6:58 PM

Okay, I guess I should strike for group 3.. Thanks everyone! smile

|

#TennisRunsInOurBlood
#RideBMX

11/5/2013 7:28 AM

Save until you can get it all in one go.

What good are rims without the ability to lace them to the hubs from #4?

I understand combining shipping, but I would suggest type of parts together, so wheel stuff at once, frame separate, brake stuff at once and so on.

That way you don't have rims laying around waiting for you to have money for hubs and spokes.

Just my thoughts, because I get impatient when I have some parts and not all to finish it up.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/5/2013 7:42 AM

after frame get hubs and rims together theres no point in lacing them , a few months later get new hubs then need to relace them

|