Shoes for the Brakeless?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/6/2013 2:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/6/2013 6:33 AM

Hi all, I was wondering which shoe i should get for riding. I am currently deciding between Nike Janoski's / any other Nike skate shoes or Vans half cab / any other vans. I run brakeless but I use kind of a walking/stomping motion to stop. Im unsure which will last longer, any advice/inputs will be appreciated.

I rode with Vans and they didn't last long but the grip was awesome and im unsure if Nikes grip well and if they last long.

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/skateboarding-zoom-stefan-janoski-shoe/pid-688537/pgid-439128

http://shop.vans.com/catalog/Vans/en_US/style/43$.html

Thanks!

|

8/6/2013 12:38 PM

My Vans have lasted me quite some time and I'm also brakeless! I would recommend the Vans or some Etnies. I have never ridden in Etnies but I hear they're good. I'm gonna buy my Etnies in a few weeks I just need to get some money first! Haha

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

8/6/2013 12:41 PM

Stocksy wrote:

My Vans have lasted me quite some time and I'm also brakeless! I would recommend the Vans or some Etnies. I have never ridden in Etnies but I hear they're good. I'm gonna buy my Etnies in a few weeks I just need to get some money first! Haha

Etnies brakes are amazing the middle of the shoe is soft but the toe and heal are hard for brakeless rideing

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

8/6/2013 1:18 PM

Photo
|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

8/6/2013 11:23 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote: Photo

Thanks! I'll check out Etnies and Vans to see which feels most comfortable since they are both equally liked.

And I'm pretty sure those are brake pads not shoes Xxohioanxx.

|

8/6/2013 11:50 PM

jambojo wrote:

Thanks! I'll check out Etnies and Vans to see which feels most comfortable since they are both equally liked.

Take the hint.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

8/7/2013 7:01 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote: Photo

jambojo wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Take the hint.

You mean i can wear those too?

|

8/7/2013 7:15 AM

I have the limited edition etnies brake shoe. they've been holding up really well but there uncomfortable.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

8/7/2013 8:23 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I have the limited edition etnies brake shoe. they've been holding up really well but there uncomfortable.

Yeah! I just got a pair of Etnies today and rode alittle with it. The sole of the shoe is 'harder' than my pair of Vans and I've not gotten used to it yet. I got the jameson 2, so far I'm really happy with it. :D

|

8/7/2013 10:54 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

the dans comp editions?

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

8/7/2013 10:59 AM

Almond...

|

8/7/2013 11:03 AM

get the janoski mid's

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

8/7/2013 11:19 AM

nike

|

Instagram: MrDannyLeo

8/7/2013 3:01 PM

honestly ive been riding loteks for awhile now. they all have the same sole so id assume they all hold up equally. plus the new line looks fucking dope. they last forever too and feel amazing and youd be supporting a bmx brand

|

What are your thoughts on abortion?
refs: ouykcuf, KingCityBikeco, I like too bike, MrHavoc1988, Jared42069, agcrx, ecuadevil

8/7/2013 3:15 PM

idk man.. ive always liked the odyssey evo 2s... very well fitting and not flimsy at all! b ut seriously if your gonna ride brakeless you cant complain about going thru shoes... and i rode brakeless for a long time and never wore thru shoes any faster

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!