Whip footing.

Related:
Create New Tag

12/26/2013 8:32 PM

I'm goofy. I tailwhip to the right , yet I kick with my front foot (left) because I ride left foot forward. I can never land them but I'd have to bring my foot back over the bike to catch front foot. Would it simply be easier to learn to kick "regular" which essentially is opposite for me , so I can catch regulary?

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/26/2013 8:36 PM

so, you kick the bike counterclockwise & are left foot forward? You can still land them, Van Homan does them like that. I do them the opposite way, I kick clockwise (well, not really kick. I mostly use arm muscle instead actually kick) and am right foot forward, and step over the frame to catch my right foot first but getting the other one on tends to be a challenge. They're hard, but I rode with Van Homan at an indoor park a few weeks ago & he and I had a conversation on goofy whips and how they just have that cool downside look to them which made me feel better about them haha.

Do what feels comfortable though, if the way you're doing now feels most comfortable, stick to that. But also try the other way for a couple days and see if they get any easier. They're a frustrating trick for sure doing them goofy footed.

|

12/26/2013 8:48 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

so, you kick the bike counterclockwise & are left foot forward? You can still land them, Van Homan does them like that. I do them the opposite way, I kick clockwise (well, not really kick. I mostly use arm muscle instead actually kick) and am right foot forward, and step over the frame to catch my right foot first but getting the other one on tends to be a challenge. They're hard, but I rode with Van Homan at an indoor park a few weeks ago & he and I had a conversation on goofy whips and how they just have that cool downside look to them which made me feel better about them haha.

Do what feels comfortable though, if the way you're doing now feels most comfortable, stick to that. But also try the other way for a couple days and see if they get any easier. They're a frustrating trick for sure doing them goofy footed.

i am also a member of goofy footed , and how do you keep ur arms straight while whipping the bike around

|

12/26/2013 9:09 PM

chad88 wrote:

i am also a member of goofy footed , and how do you keep ur arms straight while whipping the bike around

stay over your bike, A LOT of people have this problem, I do too sometimes still. You gotta like, idk how to explain it but, keep your weight forward and body over the bike. like this

Photo

That was one of the first ones I landed and a lot of times I do them now, I've noticed in pictures my left arm is fully straightened and my right arm is bent slightly. this is because when the whip gets halfway around, my friend told me at this point to tilt my bars down to the left and it'll swing the bike around better (tilt down to the right if you kick the other way)
like in my avatar on here you can see I do that

Maybe that'll help you guys out, I don't have them dialed though. Can land them pretty consistent out of certain flyouts, but other flyouts are near impossible & I have yet to land a bunnyhop whip.

|

12/26/2013 9:25 PM

I can get them around 100% on a flyout but just haven't landed one. The catch thing , with having to step over my bike again sketches me out.

Don't even get me started on trying hop whips. FUCK that shit. Especially goofy like my dumbass haha.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/26/2013 10:45 PM

So Sunday? How the fuck do you hop that high?

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/26/2013 10:49 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

So Sunday? How the fuck do you hop that high?

It's out of a big bank haha. don't wanna clog the thread with photos but you can see it here

|

12/27/2013 12:24 AM

i do goofy whips too but i just switch from left foot forward to right forward to do them, so i effectly do a regular right foot forward tailwhip... this way i can kick and catch like a regular, if you try to force yourself to learn them the other way they wil probably come easier though, i started learning oppos a while ago and havnt tried many at all and the other day i tried a few and went from not even getting it right round to getting over and front foot every time within about 30 minutes, they seem like theyre going to come pretty easy.

|