Whistler hubs fork match

Related:
Create New Tag

6/29/2020 4:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/29/2020 4:27 AM

So i think i have made horrible mistake.
I ordered a whistler front hub with eclat storm xlt fork.
My first time building a custome bike.
If fork dropouts are 10mm and front hub axle size 14mm thst wont match no matter what right?

What can i do next and why the fuck i couldnt find any fork with dropout size 14mm ? Did the whistler hub is really that old in technology aspect that wont fit new forks? should i had avoid buying em ? (i laced 2 whistler hubs, front and cassete with oddysey 7ka rims)
Btw spoke sizes were 184 for back and 188 for front but 188 was out of stock so i ordered 186, is that a big deal? Also 1 spokes are oddysey and others a federal..

|

6/29/2020 11:44 AM

You’re fucked, get a 10mm hub and try returning the 14mm. Odyssey might sell a 14mm fork still if you can return the forks and I know for sure that s&m does but that’s like retro remake stuff you’d be better off with a new hub and normal modern setups. 14mm just isn’t the standard anymore. You’re probably fine with the shorter spokes, less strong because less of the threads engage but the nipples will reach the spoke and hold tight enough to tension it. Spoke brands don’t matter just length and the shape.

|

6/29/2020 12:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/29/2020 12:24 PM

jboozer4 wrote:

You’re fucked, get a 10mm hub and try returning the 14mm. Odyssey might sell a 14mm fork still if you can return the forks and I know for sure that s&m does but that’s like retro remake stuff you’d be better off with a new hub and normal modern setups. 14mm just isn’t the standard anymore. You’re probably fine with the shorter spokes, less strong because less of the threads engage but the nipples will reach the spoke and hold tight enough to tension it. Spoke brands don’t matter just length and the shape.

Dammm that sucks to hear. I really thought whistler hubs are modern and good omg im so fucked up

Do you think i should cancel the order (its from source) is it possible at all?
I ordered many other stuff also and to be honest they were outpf atock in many parts so i am not that happy about that order anyways...
Its a big order (about 2000$)
Im from israel so i didnt really know if i can order from other places

|

6/29/2020 12:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/29/2020 12:31 PM

It's a male to female bolt right? I believe the axle is 14mm while bolts are 3/8? If it's the same front hub that I looked up, you should be fine

|

6/29/2020 12:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/29/2020 12:38 PM

Shaked wrote:

Dammm that sucks to hear. I really thought whistler hubs are modern and good omg im so fucked up

I ordered many other stuff also and to be honest they were outpf atock in many parts so i am not that happy about that order anyways...

Actually yeah I just looked up that hub too after reading nuttys post, if it’s a demolition whistler pro front hub, that’s a 14mm center axle with 3/8 bolts and you’re totally fine

|

6/29/2020 12:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/29/2020 12:56 PM

jboozer4 wrote:

Shaked wrote:

jboozer4 wrote:

Actually yeah I just looked up that hub too after reading nuttys post, if it’s a demolition whistler pro front hub, that’s a 14mm center axle with 3/8 bolts and you’re totally fine

Holyshit you guys
Im so relifed at the moment
I checked it out again on demolition and got it now.. for some reason i tougth its just a 14mm male..
Good news than haha smile
Do i have to worry with same issue on the back ? (Whistler cassete laced to bsd donnachie 2020 frame)

But i still have to worry about hub guards not fitting the storm fork since they wrote it only fit their demolition fox fork or other fork with "IC" thing that i have no clue what ot means..
And of course hopefully the spoke size wont be that bad.

Guys thanks anyway thats a huge relief

|

6/29/2020 2:19 PM

Shaked wrote:

Holyshit you guys
I checked it out again on demolition and got it now.. for some reason i tougth its just a 14mm male..
Do i have to worry with same issue on the back ? (Whistler cassete laced to bsd donnachie 2020 frame)

But i still have to worry about hub guards not fitting the storm fork since they wrote it only fit their demolition fox fork or other fork with "IC" thing that i have no clue what ot means..

Back hub is fine. That means investment cast dropouts, eclat doesn’t say theirs is ic but only way to know if it fits is by trying it. Hopefully it fits! Post a bike check when it’s all together

|

6/29/2020 11:51 PM

jboozer4 wrote:

Shaked wrote:

Holyshit you guys

jboozer4 wrote:

Back hub is fine. That means investment cast dropouts, eclat doesn’t say theirs is ic but only way to know if it fits is by trying it. Hopefully it fits! Post a bike check when it’s all together

Heck yeah man i will ! Thanks alot

|