Who else is being hit by the snow storm?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/11/2020 2:07 PM

I’m snowed in and will no longer be able to ride for a while so I winterized my Bmx by taking it apart and storing it in my closet 🤣

|

1/11/2020 3:48 PM

When I winterize my bike, I take everything apart and grease the hell out of it to keep moisture out. I know there are drainage holes in the parts but I still coat the inside of my headtube, bottom bracket shell, fork steerer, seat tube, etc.

Every metal to metal part sans stem clamping surfaces, gets hit with the grease.

|

1/11/2020 7:49 PM

Been snowing all day here, but just starting to accumulate after dark. How bad is it gonna get? What did you send us?

I keep my bike in the basement so I can putz around when I get desperate.

|

Remember when you could ride all day and not be sore for a week?

1/13/2020 8:21 AM

We were supposed to get between 8 & 12" of snow.... we got, MAYBE, 2.5..... but before that, we had a nice mix of sleet, rain & THEN snow, which made for a nice mess of ice and slush so.... yeah, I'm not riding anything but a couch for the time being.

|

1/13/2020 8:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2020 8:48 AM

I didn't ride my BMX Sat or Sunday night. I TRIED to ride my normal bike on Saturday but despite the fact that we didn't get a lot of snow, it was still like trudging through deep sand. And I turned around after a half a block. I tried two different bikes too. LOL.

But last night it was light snow, peaceful and wonderful. But still no bmxing..... I have not let the wet stop me though. My bike is too cheap to matter. at this point. But with snow and Ice I will play it safe and not do tricks. But just riding in a straight line for a normal ride is good to go. To me there is something wonderful about being out in on 2 wheels.

Last night's ride:

|

1/13/2020 10:43 AM

I will never understand the mentality of taking your bike apart for the Winter

Saturday & Sunday were both in the 60s, rode all day in a t shirt. Thanks global warming!

|

1/13/2020 10:59 AM

It’s supposed to feel like -47 tonight where I am , I’ve never taken my bike apart for winter , I don’t see the point

|

1/13/2020 1:51 PM

I still try my hardest to ride even when there is a ton of snow out. It usually sucks, but I can sometimes find dry spots where I can at least mess around with some flatland tricks. There's a pavilion near where I live and it's always dry underneath, so when it's snowing or raining I usually head over there if I really want to ride.

|

1/13/2020 7:00 PM

fucked up my shoulder so i don't care if it snows all month - best feeling ever. when you're 100% but the weather sucks you get so upset, but when you're injured you don't feel like you're missing out on anything.

|

1/14/2020 7:35 AM

Undesemin wrote:

I still try my hardest to ride even when there is a ton of snow out. It usually sucks, but I can sometimes find dry spots where I can at least mess around with some flatland tricks. There's a pavilion near where I live and it's always dry underneath, so when it's snowing or raining I usually head over there if I really want to ride.

Yeah, last night even though my driveway was kind of sloppy I rode on the clears spots on my road that I could do some tricks on. I was actually working on bunny hopping over some sticks most of the time. LOL.

|

1/14/2020 7:36 AM

falloftroy20 wrote:

fucked up my shoulder so i don't care if it snows all month - best feeling ever. when you're 100% but the weather sucks you get so upset, but when you're injured you don't feel like you're missing out on anything.

Hope you heal up quick. Said a prayer for you.

|

1/14/2020 4:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2020 4:41 PM

falloftroy20 wrote:

Fortyseven wrote:

Hope you heal up quick. Said a prayer for you.

Thanks man!!! Proud 2 be an American where a prayer and affordable healthcare can be used interchangeably!!!

|

1/15/2020 4:06 AM

Minnesota here, I feel your pain.

We are about to get another foot or so of snow. Haven't ridden my BMX since like October.

Haven't ridden any bikes really since then. Hoping for an early spring.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura