Who has seen The Michigan Video and/or Mediocre at Best?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/30/2014 10:17 AM

The recent influx of scene videos as of late has me so stoked! First it was Chocolate Truck, a DVD from a group of friends in Philly (Brendon Reith, Joe & Ryan Niranonta, Mike Swift, Matt Miller, and so many more). Then Mediocre At Best dropped (the Arizona scene DVD, put together by Bobby Kanode, with full parts from Drew Hosselton, Lahsaan Kobza, Eric Bahlman, Joey Motta, and more. Mediocre at Best is also awesome, it features a lot of uber-creative riding, and has a wild and fast paced editing style that sets it apart from other videos. The sections are short and sweet and things just keep moving real quick.

Now there is The Michigan Video, put together by Alex Burnside and featuring riding from the areas shredders like Tyler Fernengel, Cory Wiergowski, Nick Bullen, and more! Even though this is a scene DVD (and you know all the dudes are good friends) It still has that polished feel that a lot of big budget films share, and the video culminates with two epic last sections from Tyler Fernengel and Nick Bullen.

I'm telling you, scene vids are where it's at! No contrived bullshit, just real life friends hanging out, having good times and riding bikes. The riding ends up being more organic and often times even more crazy (as people are usually more comfortable when they're cruising around town with the homies and not on some week long trip in a different country.

If you somehow haven't had the pleasure of experiencing these videos, I highly suggest you get on it ASAP.

|

1/30/2014 10:32 AM

The Michigan Video turned out AMAZING!! Very proud of the guys. Get one SOON!!!

http://www.albes.com/search.aspx?find=michigan

|

1/30/2014 10:40 AM

Albes BMX Mail Order wrote:

...more

So is that an advertisement?

|

1/30/2014 11:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/30/2014 11:23 AM

Not seen the DVDs but I've been following chocolate trucks blog and a few other UK street scene blogs lately, I've been impressed with the riding I've come across and just the vibe in general, scene vids highlights a truer representation of what everyday riding really looks like, and that can't be a bad thing.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

1/30/2014 11:24 AM

I went to the premier for the michigan video! straight fire! Bought my copy that night.
They posted just Mikey's section up to give everyone a quick taste.

Mikey Tyra for THE MICHIGAN VIDEO from Alex Burnside on Vimeo.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

1/31/2014 5:33 AM

The question here is... Does deadline count as a scene video since it was put toether by friends.. originally from new jersey and then later on california?

I haven't seen either. =( I want too so badbut just don't have the money... I'm excited about the michigan video! IS this Tyler's first video part?

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

1/31/2014 7:00 AM

Yea i think it's his first video part.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

1/31/2014 8:47 AM

Fondue wrote:

It's relative to the context of this thread. Do you expect him to put a link up for it from Dans comp or something?

|

1/31/2014 8:51 AM

Albes BMX Mail Order wrote:

...more

Fondue wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

It's relative to the context of this thread. Do you expect him to put a link up for it from Dans comp or something?

It's clearly advertising, and, goes directly against your recent statement that Albe's only suggests parts when asked.

|

1/31/2014 9:05 AM

Fondue wrote:

It's clearly advertising, and, goes directly against your recent statement that Albe's only suggests parts when asked.

Well actually this thread is mainly about that video (and others, but still) yet there wasn't a link to it posted. I don't see how it is any different to if your or me posted that link.

|

1/31/2014 9:14 AM

Fondue wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

Fondue wrote:

Heck yeah! Buy this $10 video from us at Albe's so we can all retire here next week! Prove to me that advertizing here works!!

hahahaha! For real though I was just letting people know where they can get the video. I know the other mail order companies don't have it so if you were going to buy it it would probably be from us or from Alex direct anyway. I was just saving you the time of having to hunt it down.

carry on with the typical message board antics.

Love ya all,
Flip kissing

|

1/31/2014 9:18 AM

Fondue wrote:

In his previous statement he, stated Albes offers product when product is brought up rather than make threads offering it to people.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

1/31/2014 9:42 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Fondue wrote:

Me? wrote:

In his previous statement he, stated Albes offers product when product is brought up rather than make threads offering it to ...more

Big. Fucking. Deal. But for the record you are wrong.

"[Albe's/Flip] has said lots of useful things and only advertises his shop when someone is looking for a particular part."

1. A DVD is not a part.
2. The OP was not looking for any parts. He's a content provider for Vital and was doing just that...providing content.

|

1/31/2014 9:46 AM

Fondue wrote:

Me? wrote:

In his previous statement he, stated Albes offers product when product is brought up rather than make threads offering it to ...more

Fondue wrote:

"[Albe's/Flip] has said lots of useful things and only advertises his ...more

You take things way too seriously. This is a BMX forum not a law court.

|

1/31/2014 9:55 AM

Fondue wrote:

It's not worth my time to argue with you over something so stupid. I know what advertisement is, but clearly some people don't. Why don't you take your advice and stick your opinion up your ass, if you don't like it, don't look at it.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

1/31/2014 9:59 AM

Me? wrote:

Fondue wrote:

Me? wrote:

It's not worth my time to argue with you over something so stupid. I know what advertisement is, but clearly some people ...more

I know what advisement is too. Glad we agree. Kindly reciprocate your opinion up your ass as well.

|

1/31/2014 5:08 PM

Fondue wrote:

I know what advisement is too. Glad we agree. Kindly reciprocate your opinion up your ass as well.

Unfortunately for you, I'm not the one with something up his ass, the last part of your statement is invalid, I had already taken my opinion out of the equation.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

1/31/2014 5:52 PM

Me? wrote:

It's not worth my time to argue with you over something so stupid. I know what advertisement is, but clearly some people ...more

Fondue wrote:

Me? wrote:

Unfortunately for you, I'm not the one with something up his ass, the last part of your statement is invalid, I had already ...more

All of your statement is invalid.

|

1/31/2014 6:08 PM

Fondue wrote:

Me? wrote:

Unfortunately for you, I'm not the one with something up his ass, the last part of your statement is invalid, I had already ...more

Fondue wrote:

All of your statement is invalid.

Great comeback, way to be mature. Grow up.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa