Who has these parts?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/10/2013 11:26 AM

Kink foundation forks
Kink wolf bars
Subrosa hold tight stem
Anyone have any bad expierences or info on these parts? Theyre all on sale at dans and i was thinkin bout gettin them... Your responses are much aporeciated

|

12/10/2013 11:51 AM

Ive seen a ton of kink bars and forks snap. Kink tries too hard to make their products light, they use thinner materials and butt/taper them to hell. I would avoid those. And the stem is more of a budget stem, though its a nice one, but definitely not the best.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/10/2013 11:58 AM

If your not hard on your bike they'll do for now, i wouldn't get them but thats just because i dont like kink

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

12/10/2013 12:01 PM

The stem doesn't slip from when I had it.. My bars where completely stripped and the stem didn't slip once and if your wondering how you strip a stem.. It's when you wear down the little bumps that are so post to help your stem grip to the bar more..

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/10/2013 12:43 PM

kink forks tend have a shitty reputation for snapping.
dont know anything about their bars really
i agree with the above statement that the stem is really a budget stem. its forged not machined. never seen that particular one snap, but sunday freezes are kinda known for snapping, and those are also forged.

|

Insta: @devicacy

12/10/2013 12:50 PM

Thanks for the info... Im just gettin back into riding after taking 3 years off and just want to build up a bike to mess around on, not really planning on doin any crazy drops gaps or stair sets but maybe ill look around some more and see what i can find used or what not

|

12/10/2013 12:52 PM

Sullivan315 wrote:

Thanks for the info... Im just gettin back into riding after taking 3 years off and just want to build up a bike to mess around on, not really planning on doin any crazy drops gaps or stair sets but maybe ill look around some more and see what i can find used or what not

if youre just gonna fool around on it or not ride it hard that stem should be fine for you. of the budget stems its probably the best. cant speak for those bars tho.

|

Insta: @devicacy

12/10/2013 1:20 PM

Sullivan315 wrote:

Yo ive got some custom trans blue Odyssey Lumberjack bars and some black Mutiny Glam v2 bars if youre interested in buying them for cheap. And I know Chuck on here is selling some S&M Pitchfork forks pretty cheap aswell.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/10/2013 3:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/10/2013 3:57 PM

Why do people still buy shit parts? I don't get it. Mostly kids on this site. Actually mostly everybody.

|

12/10/2013 4:05 PM

I've got kink badger 3s I love em but my buddy has snapped a pair of them......im thinking about replacing them later down the line to some slam bars or grand slams

|

12/10/2013 4:10 PM

RiverSideRider wrote:

Why do people still buy shit parts? I don't get it. Mostly kids on this site. Actually mostly everybody.

This x100

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

12/10/2013 4:37 PM

RiverSideRider wrote:

becuase not everybody can afford nice parts...

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/10/2013 4:39 PM

had the hold tight stem for a few months… came stock on my bike. Held tight i guess. haha

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/10/2013 7:01 PM

I have Kink Lynx bars which are pretty much the same as the wolf's just a little smaller. They were released at the same time I think. The Lynx's are so nice, I love them. They are the best bars I have owned and I really doubt they are ever going to break on me.

|

12/11/2013 7:46 AM

RiverSideRider wrote:

Sorry bud some of us have to pay bills and put our families well being before buying awesome bike parts...

|

12/11/2013 8:27 AM

RiverSideRider wrote:

Personally I can't afford to buy the best parts.

|

12/11/2013 12:12 PM

RiverSideRider wrote:

Maybe their mummy and daddy don't spoil them as much as yours?

As for kink I've seen badger bars last a long time, no info on forks or stem though.

|

12/11/2013 12:50 PM

I snapped a dropout off my foundations and cracked both dropouts on my empires. Kink replaced them no problem. Roman is a good dude. As for bars I have owned badgers, lynx, and wolfs and they were all dope and last a year or more and are still being ridden

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

12/11/2013 1:39 PM

future FBM wrote:

I snapped a dropout off my foundations and cracked both dropouts on my empires. Kink replaced them no problem. Roman is a good dude. As for bars I have owned badgers, lynx, and wolfs and they were all dope and last a year or more and are still being ridden

Fersure thanks for the info

|