Who here doesn't have a lbs?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/14/2017 11:55 AM

Just wondering who here doesn't have a local bike shop, and how they get around it. I usually go with 3ride as there as local as I can get lol. But I am thinking on going with Albes even though there in the states just do to there better selection and tbh better customer service. 3ride kind of ticked me off on my last order cause I bought a pack of bsd stickers I liked and they sent me a total different pack,

|

Ride till you die

10/14/2017 12:07 PM

i kind of do.
Like if i need pedals/grips and tubes i go there and i also go there if i need help fixing my bike.
But when i buy parts i usually use source and crucial as my local has no bmx distributors because MTB and roadies are what pay the bills.

|

Hmmm

10/14/2017 12:14 PM

Yeah I do use the mtb shop for tubes and very seldom repairs, I do most my own repairs so yeah I really just only use them for tubes as that's all they sell that I can use

|

Ride till you die

10/14/2017 12:39 PM

I don't really, caps is close but Atlantis and the like are a good 50 minute drive out. Closest in Langley to lbs would be vector cycles.

|

10/14/2017 12:44 PM

I bought my bike, tires 4 helmets, pair of gloves, a scooter with 12 inch bike tires for my kid, pedals, and a seat from my lbs. They're mostly mountain bikey but they carry WTP, Radio, Fiend and a few others. I mostly have to order stuff other than grips and tires/tubes but my bike was here in 2 days, seat in one, and the tires were in stock. I like shopping there because I don't pay full price for anything other than when I got my bike, which was still almost 125 bucks cheaper than anywhere else. It's worth it to have a good relationship with your local shop if they can order you stuff. If you are loyal they usually hook you up. They give me at least a little deal on everything I buy there and on labor too. I do some of my own repairs but I live in an apartment with not much space and it's nice to have someone else do it so if it fucks up I can yell at them instead of being disappointed in myself.

|

10/14/2017 1:01 PM

Source is about an hour from me. But I don't like spending my money there any more. And there's a shop in the town I live in that kind of stock a few bmx parts but the owner, and everyone that works there are all morons. I find what I want then either order online from one of the shops I choose to support, or ask if they can order it in for me

|

10/14/2017 1:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/14/2017 11:34 PM

You sound like a pansie complaining on 2 different threads

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/14/2017 1:59 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Source is about an hour from me. But I don't like spending my money there any more. And there's a shop in the town I live in ...more

i almost always order from source is there something i should know to be careful of?

|

Hmmm

10/14/2017 2:32 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

You sound like a pansie complaining on 2 different threads

lol, I have seen you try to fix people's grammar then say even worse grammar. My grammar is bad but that's just horrible. Going to try insult someone try to not write like a 10 year old.

|

Ride till you die

10/14/2017 2:48 PM

We encourage people to buy from their local shop and we are here for those that don't have one. We've always gone by the motto that we are

"The World's local BMX Shop"

www.albes.com
|

10/14/2017 3:05 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Source is about an hour from me. But I don't like spending my money there any more. And there's a shop in the town I live in ...more

Edman123 wrote:

i almost always order from source is there something i should know to be careful of?

They have an unfair advantage over the smaller shops. They're literally down the road from seventies and 4down so can advertise things they don't have in stock, then pick it up from the distro to post it out to customers. They're all good friends, and source were in talks to buy out 4down. Now they're also going to be selling through the ride UK site.

Smaller/less local shops have to order stock in and hope it sells so they can afford to stay open. And with anything from 4down they can't really offer pre orders incase 4down don't get the stock they've asked for (they deal with T1 and fbm, who a few times haven't been able to fulfil orders due to lack of stock).

It just seems a bit unfair. And source are making enough money to not need mine to stay afloat. They've done a lot for the scene, so I can't fault them in that sense. I'd just rather give my money to someone I know, that struggles to stay open. The mark up in this country is terrible, so the shops have to sell a lot just to pay their rent

|

10/14/2017 6:41 PM

I usually e-mail what company I want the parts from and see if they can sell directly to me. Otherwise I roll with Empire.

|

10/14/2017 10:53 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

I bought my bike, tires 4 helmets, pair of gloves, a scooter with 12 inch bike tires for my kid, pedals, and a seat from my ...more

Almost picked up a new radio comrade complete in raw finish for 290.00...shipped

Should have jumped on it but I found the deal right after I bought that mongoose...

Seem like nice bikes.

I order through bike shops, shop in store, shop from online sources, overseas, in the states, wherever. Buying bikes and parts from anywhere is keeping things alive imo. Obviously if its something I need and it is worth a 45min drive, one way, no traffic, I will just bypass online; even if its a bit more expensive.

My closest GOOD shop that has actual customer service price matches with dans so the prices are actually really good but its like 45-50 mins one way.

The shop that is close (15mins) is full of assholes and they pump the prices up like crazy. I do shop there occasionally but only for like grips and little stuff. Although I have bought many big purchases from them I try not to now that I am well informed what things should cost.

|

10/14/2017 10:59 PM

Yeah unfortunately my lbs can only get bmx stuff if there is a large order so if I say need one part I'd have to wait till a bunch of others made orders also, so it's just not worth it, I now have been checking many sites to see what they have and will be using albe for my frame I want harvester has the snafu magical forks for a dirt cheap price so if by the time I need forks comes and that is still there will get that and 3ride has a few things to.

|

Ride till you die

10/14/2017 11:35 PM

Cam-bmx wrote:

lol, I have seen you try to fix people's grammar then say even worse grammar. My grammar is bad but that's just horrible. ...more

Ya my phone autocorrects and puts stuff in weird places

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/16/2017 6:02 AM

i'm lucky, we have a bmx shop close 10 minutes away lmao

|

It’s all bmx

10/20/2017 7:05 AM

I have a great rider owned BMX/Skate shop within about an hour away so when I go for tattoo appointments, I always pair them up with a trip to Mr B's. They have everything that I need and the prices are within 5% of ordering online without paying the shipping. I've bought forks, pegs, a seat/post, and a helmet from them so far.

|

10/20/2017 7:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/20/2017 7:51 AM

I don't have very many anything nearby. I live in the sicks, so everything's at least an hour away. There is a local skate shop, still nearly an hour away, but they don't carry bikes. I found two that are each a little over an hour away. One only sells Sunday Primers and the other only sells Haros, in terms of BMX anyway. The Haros are $400, but have aluminum frames and the only chromoly parts are the cranks. They sell other bikes though. I've never been to either in person.

Edit: Ok, they have others too, but the 100% chromolys they sell are like $800 each.

|

10/20/2017 7:50 AM

My local bike shop is Mr B's. he is about a 40 minute drive from my house to longwood though sad
I order from albes for little things like grips and pedals. But i go to Mr B's for expensive stuff and to get my bike fixed.

|

Ride for yourself and have fun