Who here has experienced CATASTROPHIC bike failure?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/14/2017 10:40 AM

I ran over a little pin yesterday and my back tire blew while I was ripping down a hill it hurt

|

Ride till you die

9/14/2017 11:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2017 11:21 AM

When I was 14 on my diamondback viper, there is a hill called snake hill in coquitlam. My buddies and me all dared each other to bomb it and we did, successfully, except I decided to hit the speed bump at the bottom doing about 80 kmh and my wheel caught and I slid on my shoulder, neck and face for about half a block.... (Probably not as epic as it sounds, as a kid it was insane and felt terrible) took me a few months to ride again.
I also often forget to tighten my rear wheel all the way and will pull the wheel into the frame halfway through runs because I'm smart like that

|

9/14/2017 11:45 AM

BcBMX80 wrote:

When I was 14 on my diamondback viper, there is a hill called snake hill in coquitlam. My buddies and me all dared each other to bomb it and we did, successfully, except I decided to hit the speed bump at the bottom doing about 80 kmh and my wheel caught and I slid on my shoulder, neck and face for about half a block.... (Probably not as epic as it sounds, as a kid it was insane and felt terrible) took me a few months to ride again.
I also often forget to tighten my rear wheel all the way and will pull the wheel into the frame halfway through runs because I'm smart like that

Damn, your neck hit? You must have hit the ground hard!

|

9/14/2017 12:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/17/2017 7:55 PM

damn some of these make me giggle , Dan landing flat and that dude with the chrome bars with his steerer tube is in the middle of his crossbar is fucked up but hilarious looool

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/14/2017 5:00 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

damn some of these make me giggle , Dan landing flat and that dude with the chrome bars with his steerer tube is in the middle of his crossbar is fucked up but hilarious looool

The pic with the snapped stem, face is hilarious, like he totally realizes he has 3 seconds before eating shit...

|

9/14/2017 8:35 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Were they chromoloy and heat treated by chance? Did you ever contact them? Im sure that they would do something for you considering its only a year old and its from one of their more top end bikes.

I'm not sure about the material or if they were heat treated. I might contact the shop and see if I can scoop a pair for free

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

9/15/2017 3:50 AM

jets9998 wrote:

got hit by a car sapped my back axle butt I was finePhoto

What is up with your spokes being so thick ???

|

9/17/2017 4:13 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

What kind of forks were they?

cam4u2c wrote:

They were from a high end 2016 kink complete bike.

Bulletpup wrote:

Were they chromoloy and heat treated by chance? Did you ever contact them? Im sure that they would do something for you considering its only a year old and its from one of their more top end bikes.

They were chromoly and I did not contact kink because I was already going to buy r25's, and that just sped up the process.

|

9/17/2017 6:04 PM

cam4u2c wrote:

They were from a high end 2016 kink complete bike.

Bulletpup wrote:

Were they chromoloy and heat treated by chance? Did you ever contact them? Im sure that they would do something for you considering its only a year old and its from one of their more top end bikes.

cam4u2c wrote:

They were chromoly and I did not contact kink because I was already going to buy r25's, and that just sped up the process.

I would at least call them or email them and send the photos. I think they wojld do something for you if not completely replace your forks for free. You could then have a backup pair, forks to sell or even give to a friend. I think its worth a shot, see what they say.

|

9/18/2017 5:56 AM

had a chain snap on me while going full speed once...it fucking sucked

brake cables snapping is no fun either

|

fack off

9/18/2017 6:26 AM

sean_gillis wrote:

Last night I snapped my forks on a 180 to smith with the back wheel going over the ledge first. Went face first into the front tire and bit off some of my lip. I usually snap one set of forks each year. Luckily that's the worst of any of them.

Photo

Snapping forks is like my worst nightmare...what's your weight and what kinda riding do you do to be snapping forks once a year and what kind of forks have you snapped? I just swapped out some federal forks for some wtp even though the federals are still structurally fine as far as the eye test goes because I've been running them for about a year and a half and have had a bunch of really nose heavy landings and crashes lately and I weigh about 220.

|

account here is less about my and more about bike

9/18/2017 6:40 AM

sean_gillis wrote:

Last night I snapped my forks on a 180 to smith with the back wheel going over the ledge first. Went face first into the front tire and bit off some of my lip. I usually snap one set of forks each year. Luckily that's the worst of any of them.

Photo

ambisketcherous wrote:

Snapping forks is like my worst nightmare...what's your weight and what kinda riding do you do to be snapping forks once a year and what kind of forks have you snapped? I just swapped out some federal forks for some wtp even though the federals are still structurally fine as far as the eye test goes because I've been running them for about a year and a half and have had a bunch of really nose heavy landings and crashes lately and I weigh about 220.

I have bent 3 forks, 1 pair was bent noticeably to people walking by. They were all cheap low quality forks made to LOOK like bmx parts but not to PERFORM like them. Once I actually put some investment into my bike problems started disappearing. I bent the rear triangle of my last frame. Once you have bought a bike dont replace parts with same or inferior quality parts. If hes snapping Odyssey quality forks that often Id be suprised...

|

9/18/2017 11:25 AM

sean_gillis wrote:

Last night I snapped my forks on a 180 to smith with the back wheel going over the ledge first. Went face first into the front tire and bit off some of my lip. I usually snap one set of forks each year. Luckily that's the worst of any of them.

Photo

You snapped a liquid V2 fork? blink
They aren't exactly some shitty forks

|

9/24/2017 8:38 PM

More trouble with federal parts tonight. They broke at the stem while I was pedalling the we finished them off by pulling the apart. Photo

|

9/25/2017 7:54 AM

Hi - I'm Antony and I work for Federal Bikes. Sorry to read about these issues - I'd like to see if we're able to help you. Please could you email me warranty@seventies.co.uk with more info - when/where you purchased them from, etc. Thanks.

|

9/26/2017 2:32 AM

snapped a stem, but luckily it broke while i was just riding bike home from school and not when i was at the trails which is probably where i fatigued the part to the point of breaking, so i didn't eat shit, just had to walk the busted bike home a couple of miles.

|

9/26/2017 6:00 AM

sean_gillis wrote:

More trouble with federal parts tonight. They broke at the stem while I was pedalling the we finished them off by pulling the apart. Photo

Now thats good customer service when the company seeks YOU out. Contact Federal.

I have a seat by Federal, coolest most comfortable bike seat Ive ever sat on. smile

|

9/26/2017 11:15 AM

Federal BMX wrote:

Hi - I'm Antony and I work for Federal Bikes. Sorry to read about these issues - I'd like to see if we're able to help you. Please could you email me warranty@seventies.co.uk with more info - when/where you purchased them from, etc. Thanks.

Thanks for the help. I just emailed you.

|