Why I owe bmx

Related:
Create New Tag

9/22/2016 4:22 PM

Hey guys,
It's been a while since I was active on here but I wrote this blog post the other day. Hopefully it will resonate with some of you. Check it out and let me know what you think.

365lazydays.wordpress.com

|

9/22/2016 7:43 PM

I just read that, pretty cool to know your story!

|

9/23/2016 1:07 AM

That's awesome!
Whereabouts do you live? I live in Folkestone, Kent. I mostly ride street in Ashford, and was a local at the Ashford trails in the late 90's/early 00's.
There's some awesome trails in Folkestone, but I'm too scared to ride them now I'm getting old haha

|

9/25/2016 8:26 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

That's awesome!
Whereabouts do you live? I live in Folkestone, Kent. I mostly ride street in Ashford, and was a local at the ...more

Haha I'm from Wokingham near Reading. Local to Fox Hill trails which are getting a bit of exposure now.

Haha has Ashford got a good scene? What are the trails in Folkestone called? Didn't realise there was anything over that way

|

9/26/2016 12:13 PM

Nicely put, man. Very sincere.

|

9/26/2016 1:05 PM

Very well put mate ... I would like to think my son will get the same out of BMX ....

What's the Wokingham Skatepark like I keep driving past it and thinking that's worth a go ??

|

9/26/2016 1:12 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

That's awesome!
Whereabouts do you live? I live in Folkestone, Kent. I mostly ride street in Ashford, and was a local at the ...more

jamie cole wrote:

Haha I'm from Wokingham near Reading. Local to Fox Hill trails which are getting a bit of exposure now.

Haha has Ashford got ...more

Yeah I've heard of those trails! A buddy of mine recently went to a jam there I think? There's quite a few well known trails kind of around your way isn't there? Are you far from Epsom, leatherhead?

The Ashford scene is like most other scenes now, just loads of park rats that will quit when they learn to drive and are old enough to get into pubs haha. It's a shame because it used to be really good. Quite a few well known riders from there, or regularly visited.
Folkestone is the same really, only there's literally just a few riders. Although we will have that crazy multi story skatepark here this time next year!
The trails in Folkestone are called dagger trails, there's a few vids floating around on YouTube and vimeo. There's a digging jam and barbecue there in a few weeks, but it sounds like someone's just bought the land and is planning to build on it.

|