Why are FIT bikes so good?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/30/2016 2:12 PM

I have a fit bike (Tom Dugan Sig) and it is so good! :D Was just wondering why?? :D

|

5/30/2016 2:49 PM

The aftermarket stuff is made by s&m.

|

5/30/2016 2:52 PM

who is s&m

|

5/30/2016 3:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/30/2016 3:20 PM

They aren't........ Lol I am not a huge fan of fit but if you like it that is all that matters!

|

5/30/2016 3:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/30/2016 3:22 PM

yeh me neither...subrosa all the way....:D

|

5/30/2016 4:07 PM

Thnx RIDEBoarder... appreciated bro!! :D
and a 4 u Oaks... u r gay with ya subrosa!!haha

|

5/30/2016 4:37 PM

Anyone who calls someone gay cause they ride a subrosa is clearly gay themselves

Got all the proof to that statement I need right here
Photo

|

5/30/2016 4:40 PM

Fit geometry is generally pretty dialed.

The components are pretty good. Nothing too crazy, just good.

I love Fit completes.

|

5/30/2016 6:48 PM

Good team and completes , SF- IT was a crazy edit

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/30/2016 6:58 PM

my mate has a fit custom, fit, cult, mcneil and odessey, it is insaaaane, fit eddie frame is perfect, he does the hugest shit and it has never cracked, .... legend guy too

|

5/30/2016 7:19 PM

the best member on there team is tommy dugan tho!!.. go so high on his airs!!... did any of u guys see him at the vans doran invatational 2014??

|

5/30/2016 7:36 PM

Lookie here, we're all entitled to our own opinions. I was never really a huge fan of Fit, but I have nothing bad to say about their team or products, either. Glad you are happy with your bike!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

5/30/2016 11:57 PM

The aftermarket stuff is good. Everything else is pretty generic. Whoever it was that asked who s&m are. They're one of the longest lasting rider owned and rider built bmx companies. They make everything in house in America, out of American materials. There's literally only 3 (?) other bmx companies that do this. Everything else by every other bmx company is made in Taiwan, and a lot of bmx companies are owned by some fat businessman that cares more about profit margins than the quality of their products.

|

5/31/2016 5:58 AM

I gotta say that every fit part that I have had seemed cheap and broke way quicker than any other part that I have ever bought. Sunday and Odyssey all the way.

|

5/31/2016 6:06 AM

RANT TIME!
Hello,
I own a fit complete bike and like its name it is a complete hunk of crap. Literally every part is cheap and made very poorly. I have literally seen Walmart bikes with higher quality components. The bearings all suck and and I know that bearings are bearings but still, you would think that by buying a "High quality" bike you would get way better parts. The frame is a jungle of dents and cracks and every other imaginable part is broken or bent. My friend who helps me work on my bike hates the bike too because it so much of a pain to work on with everything being bent or blown out. Parts also strip themselves for no reason as you ride. Made in America seems like a great selling feature but not when the materials they use are garbage. And not to mention I am from Canada so made in America really does not seem amazing to me.... Fit sucks in my opinion, but that is just what it is, my opinion. You guys can like a certain brand and as long as you are happy that is all that matters. Sunday, Eclat and Odyssey make the best parts and we can't forget about bsd for their amazing pedals.
RANT OVER
|

5/31/2016 6:58 AM

Never owned a complete from FIT but I do own a FIT Hoodbird frame and love it.
Its easily the best frame I've ever owned.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

5/31/2016 7:30 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

The aftermarket stuff is good. Everything else is pretty generic. Whoever it was that asked who s&m are. They're one of ...more

Out of curiosity, who are the other 2?

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

5/31/2016 7:46 AM

subie_bmx wrote: RANT TIME!
Hello,
I own a fit complete bike and like its name it is a complete hunk of crap. Literally every part is cheap and ...more

That's funny, cause I bought a FIT complete for my kid, and we've had zero issues with it, bearings or otherwise.

|

5/31/2016 8:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/31/2016 8:32 AM

Hello,
I own a fit complete bike and like its name it is a complete hunk of crap. Literally every part is cheap and ...more

You bought a cheap complete made with cheap parts that's aimed at beginners. Of course it's not going to last. Why do you think there's such a massive price difference between a complete and a custom build with aftermarket parts?
Fit completes are not made in America and have never been advertised as being made in America. Maybe if you didn't bodge your bike and replaced broken parts it would be a piece of shit. Seriously, what do you expect for a couple of hundred quid?

|

5/31/2016 8:29 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

The aftermarket stuff is good. Everything else is pretty generic. Whoever it was that asked who s&m are. They're one of ...more

sXeBMXer wrote:

Fbm, standard, profile as well as s&m (including fit as it's a sister company to s&m) are the main big bike companies that still manufactur in house. There's a few smaller brands that do short runs of stuff like T1, solid, and laird, plus matt beringer makes bar ends, Derrick girard makes sprocket's. The guy who's name escapes me that used to own spooky and was one of the main manufacture guys at fbm makes custom frames still I think too

|

5/31/2016 9:12 AM

Fit makes good stuff. My frame has been going on strong for almost 2 years now. My sprocket, stem and bars are also going on strong. I've had the sprocket for about 2 years, the stem for about a year, and the bars for 6 months or so. And the FAF 2.25 was probably the best tire i've owned so far. All solid products

|

5/31/2016 9:21 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

sXeBMXer wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

Fbm, standard, profile as well as s&m (including fit as it's a sister company to s&m) are the main big bike companies ...more

oh yeah..I forgot about Fbm...that was the one I couldn't name off the top of my head. I thought Profile was a British company as well...Knew about T1 and Laird (dreaming of a Lairdframe someday....)

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

5/31/2016 9:46 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

You bought a cheap complete made with cheap parts that's aimed at beginners. Of course it's not going to last. Why do you ...more

haha REKT well done mister grumps

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

5/31/2016 10:08 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

Fbm, standard, profile as well as s&m (including fit as it's a sister company to s&m) are the main big bike companies ...more

sXeBMXer wrote:

oh yeah..I forgot about Fbm...that was the one I couldn't name off the top of my head. I thought Profile was a British company ...more

How can anyone forget about fbm?!?!

Best bike company ever. Deah!

|

5/31/2016 11:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/31/2016 11:23 AM

Hello,
grumpySteve wrote:

You bought a cheap complete made with cheap parts that's aimed at beginners. Of course it's not going to last. Why do you ...more

Not trying to upset or anything but the op posted about a complete and not aftermarket parts so this is what subie_bmx was talking about. Also how do you know if he bought a cheap bike it is possible that he has the exact same bike as the op. Also I have owned fit parts ya the aftermarket ones and they all suck

|

5/31/2016 11:36 AM

RIDEboarder wrote:

Not trying to upset or anything but the op posted about a complete and not aftermarket parts so this is what subie_bmx was ...more

Subie made a thread about his bike thats how we know, also as an owner of aftermarket Fit parts I can say that they all don't suck.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

5/31/2016 11:41 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

RIDEboarder wrote:

Not trying to upset or anything but the op posted about a complete and not aftermarket parts so this is what subie_bmx was ...more

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

Subie made a thread about his bike thats how we know, also as an owner of aftermarket Fit parts I can say that they all don't ...more

Subie commented that he "owns a fit complete bike" and the op says that he owns a fit bike the Tom Dugan sig which happens also to be a complete bike. So they very possibly could have the exact same bike and subie could ride differantly than the op so this is why he does not like his bike.

|

5/31/2016 11:52 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

sXeBMXer wrote:

oh yeah..I forgot about Fbm...that was the one I couldn't name off the top of my head. I thought Profile was a British company ...more

grumpySteve wrote:

How can anyone forget about fbm?!?!

Best bike company ever. Deah!

Diet Pepsi is killing my brain...

"All I wanted was a Pepsi, Just one Pepsi
and She wouldn't give it to me
Just a Pepsi...."

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

5/31/2016 1:03 PM

Whether they're the same bike is irrelevant. The op likes his, the other kid doesn't. Either way neither of them should expect even the best fit complete to compete with any of the aftermarket parts.
You've owned every single aftermarket fit part? If not how can you say they all suck? Which parts did you actually have and what sucked about them? If you don't like fit, fair enough. That's personal opinion, which everyone is entitled to. But I doubt very much fit would be as successful as they are if everything they made was shit.

|

5/31/2016 1:31 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Whether they're the same bike is irrelevant. The op likes his, the other kid doesn't. Either way neither of them should expect ...more

For one, I never stated that I had "owned every single fit part" and I clearly stated that I have owned some fit parts and they all have sucked. As in all the ones that I owned sucked. I am not trying to put down any other peoples opinions, I was just stating my own opinion. And also about the successful part, next and ccm are both very successful bike brands that Walmart and Canadian tire sells and they suck. Again it is my own opinion and I definitely don't expect everybody to agree or even want everybody to agree. My main reason for first posting was to say that Subie could have a very high end complete which we both do not know if that is true but your saying that he must have a low end cheap bike that is not maintained properly was just an assumption that I did not think was fair to Subie.

|