Why aren't there more fork designs

Related:
Create New Tag

9/21/2014 11:37 AM

Like the regular design is too boring. Why doesn't these bike companies try new things

|

13 years old

9/21/2014 11:41 AM

Why aren't there more phone designs? Like the regular design is too boring. Why doesn't these phone companies try new things?

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

Because Jesus Christ himself was reincarnated as odyssey product designer and there is no need for anything else because oddy forks are perfect in every way
/s

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

Aren't you grounded cuz you rode your bike on a car or something?

|

13 years old

9/21/2014 11:55 AM

No need.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

9/21/2014 12:09 PM

Krooked wrote:

Aren't you tired of trying to burn everyone woth random questions to no avail?

|

9/21/2014 12:11 PM

Why don't you try something new like shut the fuck up?

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

9/21/2014 12:11 PM

And, my forks have a different design.Photo

|

9/21/2014 12:25 PM

Krooked wrote:

Weren't you spanked for staying on skype too long?

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

9/21/2014 12:48 PM

BMXism wrote:

Why don't you try something new like shut the fuck up?

This

|

9/21/2014 2:48 PM

Because you troll this site.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/21/2014 4:05 PM

What are you expecting? Single legged forks? Crownless forks? The reason is because theres not much to be done with forks. Theres already alot of options for forks. Investment cast/traditional, regular/oversized crown, different offsets, hyrdroform, postweld, tapered/butted/straight, pegless, brakes/brakeless. If you go back a bit, theres even integrated pegs and peg bolts.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

9/21/2014 5:06 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

What are you expecting? Single legged forks? Crownless forks? The reason is because theres not much to be done with forks. ...more

Not true. I was thinking forks with triangle legs cuz triangles are strong af. Also maybe a fork that where the top of the legs are shaped like 4 peice bars so like mtb forks a little bit but no shocks. Also maybe a fork that has notches on the steer tube so you can cut it easy to whatever size you need. Or a fork that is modern but has 14mm dropouts

|

13 years old

9/21/2014 5:35 PM

If it aint broke don't fix it

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

9/21/2014 5:49 PM

If you want drinks that are like mountain bike fork shape with no shocks you need to look into racing forks.

14mm option died alon with the 14mm front axle it's only used on shitty completes now.

Round tubing is quicker, easier and cheaper to make than triangle tubing

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

9/21/2014 7:59 PM

Gump wrote:

If you want drinks that are like mountain bike fork shape with no shocks you need to look into racing forks.

14mm option ...more

Racing forks are not built to take abuse

|

13 years old

9/21/2014 8:14 PM

Krooked wrote:

Neither are the forks you are describing. Thats just adding two more welds to break. Also wouldn't look so great to most and would add unnecessary weight. Its a weaker and heavier design, theres a reason companies dont use it.

As for triangle tubing- it would be expensive and ugly and wouldn't be any more superior than round-legged forks. Yes, a triangle is the hardest object to crush since it is the best at distributing force. However, this will not make for stronger welds or solve any of the common reasons for forks breaking.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

9/21/2014 8:43 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Neither are the forks you are describing. Thats just adding two more welds to break. Also wouldn't look so great to most and ...more

So that means 4pc bars are weaker, right?

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

9/21/2014 8:47 PM

Fat bmx tim 0
Collin 1

|

13 years old

9/21/2014 8:48 PM

Gump wrote:

14mm option ...more

I've got old 14mm odyssey Classics on my wall. Now they are sick. Also a vandal hub shell and bearings but no axle. New to wack one up, but still wont have spokes for it

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

9/21/2014 8:49 PM

Krooked wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Neither are the forks you are describing. Thats just adding two more welds to break. Also wouldn't look so great to most and ...more

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

So that means 4pc bars are weaker, right?

a properly done weld should be stronger than a bend

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

9/21/2014 10:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/21/2014 10:46 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

a properly done weld should be stronger than a bend

Depends on where the flex is on the bend and on the weld connection.

|

9/21/2014 10:58 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Technically our forks are already a triangle.

|

9/22/2014 7:29 AM

I see no advantage to two piece fork legs.

Photo

|

9/22/2014 10:04 AM

Krooked wrote:

Fat bmx tim 0
Collin 1

I'm not a fucking ref, don't list me.

Also, I could definitely see three piece (4 if you count the steerer tube) fork being stronger, but it would definitely be heavier. Odyssey forks are already strong enough while still being under 2 lbs. And obviously everything else is shit.

And Tim, if you pull the fork legs in on the right two designs, it will look much better. You drew them further apart to make the left seem stronger.

|

9/22/2014 10:09 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I'm not a fucking ref, don't list me.

Also, I could definitely see three piece (4 if you count the steerer tube) fork being ...more

Then how will they fit my Fat BMX tires?

Kidding. Didn't do that purposefully lol.

|

9/22/2014 10:19 AM

Krooked wrote:

Not true. I was thinking forks with triangle legs cuz triangles are strong af. Also maybe a fork that where the top of the ...more

a triangle is not stronger than a circle. a triangle distributes weight over 3 points while a circle distributes it evenly. this is like sophomore level science class shit right here...

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

9/22/2014 12:14 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

What are you expecting? Single legged forks? Crownless forks? The reason is because theres not much to be done with forks. ...more

Krooked wrote:

Not true. I was thinking forks with triangle legs cuz triangles are strong af. Also maybe a fork that where the top of the ...more

ironmaiden666 wrote:

a triangle is not stronger than a circle. a triangle distributes weight over 3 points while a circle distributes it evenly. ...more

Im in sophomore science class rn chill

|

13 years old

9/22/2014 1:21 PM

Krooked wrote:

Im in sophomore science class rn chill

now you're prepared. if you need homework help you're at the right place.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

9/22/2014 2:13 PM

Its biology

|

13 years old