Why do I look so hunched over?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/17/2020 8:48 AM

When I ride I look so hunched over and it just looks so weird when riding and trying tricks. Is there anything I can do to change that?
I ride a 20.5” tt w a 50mm Reach and 32mm rise stem and 8” rise bars.

|

5/17/2020 8:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/17/2020 8:50 AM

S&M elevens bars is what you need

|

5/17/2020 9:25 AM

8” bars is tiny by today’s standards, how tall are you?

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

5/17/2020 11:50 AM

How's your posture normally? I had this problem and realized it was caused by my constant slouching.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

5/17/2020 2:36 PM

How tall are you? Your bike sounds tiny

|

5/18/2020 7:20 AM

readybmxer wrote:

8” bars is tiny by today’s standards, how tall are you?

6ft tall. They came w my complete bike

|

5/18/2020 7:23 AM

That’s a good thing.

Huge bars and top load stem makes people’s style look like shit

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

5/18/2020 7:26 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

How's your posture normally? I had this problem and realized it was caused by my constant slouching.

I’m pretty hunched over haha. So when you started standing up off the bike it got better for you?

|

5/18/2020 7:26 AM

NateBrown62 wrote:

How tall are you? Your bike sounds tiny

6ft. Got the bike as a complete and yes it is pretty tiny. I j can’t afford anything bigger atm haha

|

5/18/2020 10:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/18/2020 10:04 AM

Is it how you look that bothers you or how it feels? At first I didn't like being hunched over and liked taller bars (10") in my top load stem. But then I put some 8.85" bars on and got used to them and don't feel any back problems from it. I'm an old guy so.....

I'm thinking of even getting a frontload eventually to try my bars in to go even a little lower. I think in theory lower bars might help with hops. I can't explain the science or wording behind it but I feel like that might be the case. That being said, people ride higher bars and do just fine too. So.... Whatever curdles your cream.

Apparently a long time ago 8" bars were considered tall. So...….

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun

5/18/2020 10:06 AM

Fortyseven wrote:

Is it how you look that bothers you or how it feels? At first I didn't like being hunched over and liked taller bars (10") in my top load stem. But then I put some 8.85" bars on and got used to them and don't feel any back problems from it. I'm an old guy so.....

I'm thinking of even getting a frontload eventually to try my bars in to go even a little lower. I think in theory lower bars might help with hops. I can't explain the science or wording behind it but I feel like that might be the case. That being said, people ride higher bars and do just fine too. So.... Whatever curdles your cream.

Apparently a long time ago 8" bars were considered tall. So...….

It’s how I look my style just looks gross lol. It doesn’t cause any back pain tho which is good. I do see how shorter bars could help with hops because if they’re shorter you can bring them up more because you arms are more extended to begin with.
I’m getting a new top load soon (hopefully) and hopefully the higher rise will help with this awful look.
Is there a way I can add a pic to the thread to show what I mean?

|

5/18/2020 10:27 AM

Try 48mm reach stem. 9.35 Bars and some headset spacers. I have the 11inch bars right now and they really are too much

|

5/18/2020 10:31 AM

If you're not doing it already, try riding with your knees bent and straighten your back. I only do this before actually doing a trick as it helps me to be one with the bike in a way. When I'm cruising or what not though I don't really mind how I look xd

|

5/18/2020 11:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/18/2020 11:09 AM

JacobZ wrote:

I’m pretty hunched over haha. So when you started standing up off the bike it got better for you?

Essentially, yes. But if your posture is as bad as mine was, you can't really fix it by just trying to be more conscious of it. If you really want to improve it, deadlifts and face pulls are the two most effective exercises for improving your posture. Even if you can't/don't want to deadlift, face pulls will be very effective.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

5/18/2020 3:01 PM

Probably relax your legs and bend knees a bit, drop your ass. If that doesn't work probably switch up your ride. 20.5/8 is quite short for a 6ft tall dude.

I've got a 21 with 9.25 complete for sale btw

https://m.vitalbmx.com/forums/BMX-Stuff-For-Sale,17/Fly-complete-pro-custom-with-bonus-375,1324963

|

5/18/2020 3:36 PM

Yes, just click the “Upload Photos” when you reply, works on desktop and mobile.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

5/19/2020 12:23 PM

JacobZ wrote:

When I ride I look so hunched over and it just looks so weird when riding and trying tricks. Is there anything I can do to change that?
I ride a 20.5” tt w a 50mm Reach and 32mm rise stem and 8” rise bars.

You might have hunchidis, a rare bicycle related disease being too tall for your bike parts.

|

5/19/2020 3:52 PM

yeahdude wrote:

Probably relax your legs and bend knees a bit, drop your ass. If that doesn't work probably switch up your ride. 20.5/8 is quite short for a 6ft tall dude.

I've got a 21 with 9.25 complete for sale btw

https://m.vitalbmx.com/forums/BMX-Stuff-For-Sale,17/Fly-complete-pro-custom-with-bonus-375,1324963

* also make sure your elbows are relaxed and not locked. It's kind of okay to lock one knee when you are just cruising but not when approaching a trick obviously

|

5/19/2020 3:53 PM

Watch stylish riders and study

|