Why do people hate snafu?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/18/2021 7:08 PM

I just recently bought the magical forks and Jackson bars and I was considering buying the mayweather cranks too. But it seems like some people love snafu and some people hate it.

|

8/18/2021 7:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/18/2021 7:23 PM

I had those on my wizard , the forks held up awesome and is a super light and strong fork , I did bend the Jackson bars but my buddy still rides them fine . Can’t say the same for snafu pedals though as they are based on skinny mountain bike pedals designed to run with suspension . I snapped those real fast .

|

8/18/2021 9:30 PM

Oil slick is lame that’s why

|

smile

8/18/2021 9:43 PM

I have no problem with Snafu. In recent years they have been associated with heavy park riding due to whom they choose to sponsor. They are also related to, or under the same management as Hyper bikes. As we know, Hyper is a big time Walmart bike builder and supplier, as well as having their higher-end stuff that their pro's ride. Kind of cool that they at least have their pro's ride their own stuff. I recently found a "Hyper Toys" brand power wheels at a Sam's club, same font logo, so I assume they are going after the 2-6 year old market now too. So take that for what it is worth.

As far as part quality, I believe both Snafu and Hyper have comparably good high-end parts, same with all other brands.

They tend to have a bit higher price point than comparable brands, but not unreasonable.

|

8/20/2021 12:25 AM

Unless they're changed those cranks in the last 10yrs I'd stay away from them. I've had 2 sets and seen numerous other ones crack around the weld.

|

8/20/2021 12:30 AM

It’s seems like they did change them, at least a reissue in graphics. Idk if they changed anything else on them though. I’ve actually heard that the cranks were one of the best things that they made.

|

8/20/2021 4:35 AM

Their quality has been hit or miss. Tires back in the day had grip but failed REALLY fast.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/20/2021 6:23 AM

SoCalShreds wrote:

I have no problem with Snafu. In recent years they have been associated with heavy park riding due to whom they choose to ...more

I would applaud them for using those markets to pay there pro's. People think its dumb but it is actually quite smart.

|

Husky Nation Member

8/20/2021 6:33 AM

They’ve always made very generic, low-average quality parts that cost too much.

|

8/20/2021 11:01 AM

Oil slick

And they sucked back in the day. Really average quality with ugly designs. Even now it's only average quality

|

8/20/2021 11:07 AM

After being a dumbass and not sticking with my original idea of buying a S&m pitchfork and hoder bars. I’m going to be buying those instead and return the snafu stuff 😂

|

8/20/2021 5:45 PM

baglagrupie wrote:

I would applaud them for using those markets to pay there pro's. People think its dumb but it is actually quite smart.

Where pros?

|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

8/20/2021 5:48 PM

Another update, I bought the pitchfork xlt and stranger 4 piece bars. Going for more of a heavy duty street build.

|

8/20/2021 5:54 PM

Didn’t people used to call this company Snapoo years back because they were such shit?

|

8/21/2021 10:40 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Didn’t people used to call this company Snapoo years back because they were such shit?

I called them that because it says poo

|

smile

8/22/2021 9:01 AM

i have a SNAFU seat. there's nothing wrong with the company. try the pedals too! they look cool!

|

8/22/2021 11:58 PM

Because some YouTuber make fun of kids riding oil slick bikes? Usually that’s what happen... men especially young adults are very insecure & needs martial things to prop them up. They do not want other kids at the park making fun of their bikes that also are sold at Walmart.. if you watch the Olympic, few riders are on hyper bikes...

Photo

|

8/24/2021 5:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/24/2021 5:56 AM

team3d wrote:

Because some YouTuber make fun of kids riding oil slick bikes? Usually that’s what happen... men especially young adults are ...more

Are you speculating or trying to say it is valid information?

It seems to be either a person likes or hates oilslick, without isn't much in between. As to walmart bikes, DK was at Walmart for a while. GT too. Hell, Walmart actually has some pretty high end MTB stuff available online because the Waltons like MTB stuff and even have helped fund some incredible trails in Walmart-town aka Bentonville Arkansas. The stuff they offer online is on par with legit brand stuff and is a fair amount cheaper in some cases. I'd rock it.

But there is a BIG difference between Walmart quality bikes like what you posted and their legit stuff. Materials and workmanship factor in a LOT, geometry is different, most of the parts are unsealed/low quality. Also what you posted is mostly designed to LOOK like a legit BMX to get kids into the idea of it. Hyper knows they will sell a million of those, and a lot less of the higher end stuff, but they make BANK on those in store cheap bikes.

It's funny that you think that Men and young adults need MATERIAL things (martial?) to prop them up. Depends entirely on the person and how they were raised.

I think it is more that kids are dicks and try to assert themselves with others-some use THINGS as a means to do that because they might not have much else-lack of skills or even personality. They attribute things to status/money, so they show off with stuff thinking it will get them further. Some use whatever level of skills they have to try to "dominate" others.

Many years ago I went to Louisville KY park as part of a long road trip to a wedding. I was messing around on a flyout after a rhythm section of boxes with a buddy and some random local kid, without saying a word started trying to one-up everything I did. I did a no footer, kid would no foot one hand immediately after. I do a 180, kid does a 180 one hander. I just haul ass and try to boost something, kid tries to boost harder and farther. This went on for like 20 minutes. Kid would watch what I did, then try to do it better or something a tad "bigger".

It was clear he felt threatened in some way by me being at this massive park. Maybe it was because he suddenly wasn't the "best rider there" or whatever. There was maybe a half-dozen riders and a ton of skaters. Maybe he was trying to say he was impressed with riding by mimicking it? Either way it was odd.

Once I was grinding a ledge, he was trying to one-up me there too. It was becoming clear he was trying to show off as an "I'm better than you at this, so you should respect me for it and/or leave" vibe. I just kept riding and had fun.

I still see this once in a while at my local park. Tends to be the younger kids trying to one up older guys.

It's still fun to me to have that happen, then fire out something nutty and watch the kid's jaw drop because the "fat old guy just did something crazy".

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/24/2021 6:00 AM

Ice Mixtape wrote:

I just recently bought the magical forks and Jackson bars and I was considering buying the mayweather cranks too. But it seems ...more

Wait.. you mean you don't already Hate SNAFU? Get on the bandwagon mate. This freestyle thing is not for the independent thinker.

|

8/24/2021 6:04 AM

I could be wrong about this but I remember reading a book about Seal Team 6 back in like.. 1999 where Rick Marcinko was saying that SNAFU & FUBAR were Seal battle acronyms that meant respectively.. Situation Normal All Fucked Up and Fucked Up Beyond All Repair. .. has anyone else heard of this? Are the brands that use these names also.aware of what they mean? True story.. look it up.

|

8/24/2021 6:08 AM

Just found the actual video where he talks about it... the guys name was patrick.

|