Why do you like Fly Bikes?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/27/2013 11:52 PM

I DONT GET IT. What is there to like other than the invest cast drop outs? And it seems that a lot of people actually like these things. I am indifferent to them. I just really dont get why people even buy these things anymore, like all i see is people cracking and snapping them. They arent good for street at all from what i have seen. They would be fine for park and stuff but i dont get it? WHY? Whats the appeal?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/28/2013 12:06 AM

I don't. Only thing I like from Fly is their brake stuff.

I don't get the obsession either.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

6/28/2013 12:21 AM

I think they look pretty cool

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

6/28/2013 12:33 AM

SickDude wrote:

I think they look pretty cool

They look like any other frame. except no gussets. WHICH ARE NEEDED. haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/28/2013 12:46 AM

they are light and people like the geo

|

6/28/2013 12:50 AM

justin vogelsberger wrote:

They fucking break. Isnt that a deal closer for most people?

|

6/28/2013 1:14 AM

I really like the riders on fly and the videos they put out are some of my favourite things to watch but there's no way I would run one of there frames after all the stories I've heard of frames snapping, was considering the tierra for a while but I'd rather get the wtp scorpio, lifetime garuntee on that and made by a solid company

Flys brake systems are the only really good things I ever hear anything about them and the fly Rubens I guess.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

6/28/2013 1:16 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

well everything breaks so ...

|

6/28/2013 1:17 AM

Fly have an awesome team. Other than that they are meh

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

6/28/2013 1:18 AM

well everything breaks so ...

Not as easy as those break. Those frames are always breaking. Im pretty sure a sunday wouldnt break NEARLY as fast as most fly's do nowadays! they are junk!

|

6/28/2013 1:20 AM

Their parts are mehh for me. Everyone I know who rides their parts have problems with them except for the rims, tires & pedals. Their rims are bullet proof, maybe even on par with Odyssey/G-Sport.

|

6/28/2013 2:00 AM

Trendy at the moment, the phase will die out. I had a Tierra 3 which was all I expected really, wasn't too strong, my mate snapped it now. The rims seems bulletproof tho.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs

6/28/2013 3:35 AM

id ride a fly if i didnt have my sunday

|

6/28/2013 3:42 AM

fly shmy, there just another decent company that will do if you can't fork out more for better stuff

|

Bruh

6/28/2013 5:49 AM

i onlt like their inner tubes i hate all their other "Innovative" design shit that looks stupid like the tripod seat, or the central stem
or the retarded Fino grip.

|

making half retarded post at the moment

6/28/2013 9:08 AM

i don't understand how people think riding park is less abusive than street riding

fly has always been junk, any frame that doesn't have gussets is garbage

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

6/28/2013 9:10 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Everything breaks.........

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

6/28/2013 9:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/28/2013 9:24 AM

They have a stacked team & they push innovation for sure but.... You do hear REGULARLY about Fly parts breaking. By every kind of rider there is Dirt, Street & Park. They crack, snap, bend & just generally fall apart! I know "Everything Breaks! But Flys seem to do it A WHOLE LOT MORE than most other companies in BMX.

Edit: However i must admit their brake parts are pretty much the best on the market, Looks & Performance!

|

6/28/2013 10:16 AM

They are extremely innovative.

The Tripod Seat system makes the a larger surface area of the Seat supported, and is royalty free, making for a cheaper seat.
The Tierra Frame is the only Frame with an offset seattube, allowing for a further back seat without a mellow seattube angle.
They invented the Spanish BB, which was the first Bottom Bracket that wasn't a crappy Euro or USA one.
Their Cobra Tubes are a great idea.
The Fino Grip is a brilliant idea, as is the one they make that comes as a single grip, so you don't have to waste money if you wear out one grip considerably faster than the other.
Their Tyres, Rims and Pedals are easily some of the best on the market.
Their Brakes are the best on the market.

|

6/28/2013 10:39 AM

I feel i was a little harsh.. All the Fly parts i have run have been incredible..

Ruben Tyres
Ruben Metal Pedals (The Pins were waaaay too long though)
Potencia Stem
Metal Bar End Caps
Chain Stay U-Brake
Suelo Front Brake (Made by Fly at the time)
Front Rims

The Lever looks amazing! The Tripod system looks badass just need a 200mm + Post!! (Someone get on that!!) Spanish BB as mentioned, They also created the first removable brake mounts too. However over time they have been bastardized!! They should've stuck with the Dylans Mounts! They looked perfect, when the mounts weren't installed you would never know the frame has mounts. Now there are the EBS mounts with the fucking great lumps welded to the frame. American companies tried to copy the idea & my god do they look Horrible!! To ANY BMX company starting out & wanting their frames to have removable mounts USE THE FUCKING DYLANS MOUNT SYSTEM!!! And to all the American companies with hideous looking welded lumps to their frames USE THE FUCKING DYLANS MOUNT SYSTEM!!!

But....

You do see their frames cracking, bolts stripping, the EBS mounts have even ripped out the frame, the forks drop outs snap off, the bars crack & bend, the pedal bosses on the crank arms break off, the sprockets bend & teeth break off. the drop outs bend with heavy peg use.

They do offer some excellent parts, they have pushed the limits of BMX inventions but they also offer some fucking crap parts too lol.

|

6/28/2013 10:53 AM

Fly does a good job of making their products look nice and they have a stacked team but i wouldn't buy any of their parts like frames, forks, bars, or cranks unless i could get them for really cheap. Any of their other components though i'd run since they seem to be nice.

|

6/28/2013 10:54 AM

Fly fucking sucks. Shit company.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/28/2013 11:19 AM

They have a sweet team put out the best edits and have a sweet ebs brake system on the frames

|

6/28/2013 11:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/28/2013 11:23 AM

Okay now for the serious post. Fly is my favorite company and I have had/have a bunch of their parts. They are one of the most innovative companies (I'll list examples later). They're actually not really trendy maybe a few years ago but I rarely see them other than the ones I own. Yes they do break easier, they aren't as strong as they were. I have liked every fly part that I've had, no complaints. Their new shit is a bit weaker but I don't think they're intended to be used for heavy street riding. I have rode a lot of frames and all my flys have been my favorite. Everyone likes different companies. I think it's funny everyone dick rides S&M yet I bent S&m bars in 5 days and cracked an S&M. Everything breaks after a while, a lot depends on the rider and how they take care of their parts. Fly has improved alot on their cranks though. And Ruben is one of the riders that first got me into riding. Sergio is fucking awesome too.

Some important innovative shit fly has done:

Removeable Gyro Tabs
Spanish Bottom Bracket which led to mid being made
Push in plastic barends
Made bigger tires
Integrated gussets
2.5 piece cranks
Removeable chain tensioners
Integrated cone race on forks
Removeable brake mounts
Cross laced rims
Short chainstay frames
The seat stay bridge designs or whatever I dunno just looks cool
Invest Casting dropouts on frames and forks
Easy brake system
Brake a hangers
Simple brake pad system
Horizontal seat clamps
Tripod seats
One piece crank arms
Allen key only and angled brake arms.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/28/2013 12:27 PM

My friend still has the same fly frame for the past 3 ish years. I like fly.

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

6/28/2013 12:44 PM

i dont mind them, i do love their brake setups tho. i run fly classico setup and i love it, also i like their tires and pedals. and thats pretty much it.

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

6/28/2013 12:49 PM

the Spanish B.B was and still is one of the biggest continuing failures in bmx, if you want you crack bearing to explode get a frame with a Spanish b.b

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

6/28/2013 12:56 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Mikel8149 wrote:

Everything breaks.........

NOT THAT EASY. I said the same thing above.

|

6/28/2013 12:56 PM

Topsey wrote:

They have a stacked team & they push innovation for sure but.... You do hear REGULARLY about Fly parts breaking. By every kind of rider there is Dirt, Street & Park. They crack, snap, bend & just generally fall apart! I know "Everything Breaks! But Flys seem to do it A WHOLE LOT MORE than most other companies in BMX.

Edit: However i must admit their brake parts are pretty much the best on the market, Looks & Performance!

Thank you. I agree with that.

|

6/28/2013 10:03 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

They are extremely innovative.

The Tripod Seat system makes the a larger surface area of the Seat supported, and is royalty free, making for a cheaper seat.
The Tierra Frame is the only Frame with an offset seattube, allowing for a further back seat without a mellow seattube angle.
They invented the Spanish BB, which was the first Bottom Bracket that wasn't a crappy Euro or USA one.
Their Cobra Tubes are a great idea.
The Fino Grip is a brilliant idea, as is the one they make that comes as a single grip, so you don't have to waste money if you wear out one grip considerably faster than the other.
Their Tyres, Rims and Pedals are easily some of the best on the market.
Their Brakes are the best on the market.

your post gave me cancer

|

making half retarded post at the moment