Why do you ride?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/18/2013 10:09 AM

Ok so I'm going to show this to my uncle and maybe hill understand and give my bike back, So give me some reasons why you bike and how it's helped you?

|

5/18/2013 10:12 AM

Because it gets my fat ass outside and not on my xbox wasting time...

|

Bruh

5/18/2013 10:16 AM

your uncles gonna read this so please give his bike back it helps you with confidence, you don't get fat/lose weight, socializing stop being a douche bro

|

5/18/2013 10:21 AM

so you go out and excursive. you stay out of trouble. its fun. you get to ride with friends. its a faster mode of transportation. it gives you a goal to achieve.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

5/18/2013 10:22 AM

How about you ask your uncle what he did for fun at your age? what the fuck is his deal anyway? Why doesn't anyone seem to be giving you an explanation? why is riding a bike so bad??
Photo

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

5/18/2013 10:29 AM

Well first of all i think your uncle taking your bike is totally unfair WTF did you do to deserve him taking it?!

1. Socializing, just because some BMXers are druggies & abit off the wagon doesnt mean your nephew will get into the "underworld" and start taking/dealing drugs. Your nephew will meet great people, have a blast making friends & i have made friends for life through riding my bike & we are tight, moving in together next year too.

2. Exercise, I have some physical injuries & i will get to that in a minute. But getting out on your bike & exerting yourself is great exercise keeps you fit & actually good exercise is good for your mental health too! Makes you feel great inside!

I love riding my bike, i have been riding since i was 13, i will be 26 in october. I have spent silly amounts of money on bike parts but i wont go into a huge amount of detail but i have been ill & not been able to drive or afford to move out so BMX has kept me sane over the years! Its a great hobby, its great fun!

Don't be a dick taking your nephews bike is pretty damn harsh. wouldn't you rather him be out of your hair & out of your sight, exercising & socializing with like minded guys his age!

|

5/18/2013 10:35 AM

i ride because its my dream and passion you get to socilize and achive new goals

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha

BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842

WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

5/18/2013 10:48 AM

Tell him this. "I'm going to start smoking crack if you don't give me back my bike" and start scratching yourself like a mad man and twitch a little bit. Why does he have to be such a fucking asshole? Just tell him you like to ride because it's fun, you like to do it.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

5/18/2013 10:51 AM

I ride for the reasons that make bmx so much different than sanctioned sports. I've been riding since I was 10. I'm now 23.
Here are my reasons:
1. There are no try outs. Anyone can get involved without worry of being turned down or told you're not good enough.
2. Bmx is an open minded community. There is no discrimination of skin color, race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, or whatever else.
3. It's fun. No need to explain that.
4. Exercise. Bmx is great for physical motivation and staying in shape.
5. Personal growth. Bmx is great for teaching you to always strive for the best you can achieve.
6. No pressure. Bmx is a learn at your own pace sport. No depression or let downs in our sport.
7. Friends. The people you meet will make a lasting impression and possibly be some of your best friends for the rest of your life.
8. We help each other out. We are a close knit family that spreads worldwide and always will be just that. For example, I bought an s&m ATF for 140 just so the guy could buy a total frame he wanted.
9. Time consuming. You'll be so caught up between school and riding that you won't have time to do drugs or commit crimes. It basically keeps you out of jail/prison.

Those are the best reasons I can give. If he still refuses, I recommend telling him to go fuck himself. Just because he doesn't understand doesn't mean you shouldn't ride. He's obviously a close minded prick with a control issue. And if he did infact take your bike, he obviously doesn't understand the concept of family. Family is supposed to support you, not deter you.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/18/2013 11:18 AM

Topsey wrote:

Well first of all i think your uncle taking your bike is totally unfair WTF did you do to deserve him taking it?!

1. Socializing, just because some BMXers are druggies & abit off the wagon doesnt mean your nephew will get into the "underworld" and start taking/dealing drugs. Your nephew will meet great people, have a blast making friends & i have made friends for life through riding my bike & we are tight, moving in together next year too.

2. Exercise, I have some physical injuries & i will get to that in a minute. But getting out on your bike & exerting yourself is great exercise keeps you fit & actually good exercise is good for your mental health too! Makes you feel great inside!

I love riding my bike, i have been riding since i was 13, i will be 26 in october. I have spent silly amounts of money on bike parts but i wont go into a huge amount of detail but i have been ill & not been able to drive or afford to move out so BMX has kept me sane over the years! Its a great hobby, its great fun!

Don't be a dick taking your nephews bike is pretty damn harsh. wouldn't you rather him be out of your hair & out of your sight, exercising & socializing with like minded guys his age!

My grades aren't the best in math and I went to the skatepark when they said I couldn't But I only did that because they said I can't go to the skatepark ever again.

|

5/18/2013 11:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/18/2013 11:26 AM

Topsey wrote:

Brownboys wrote:

My grades aren't the best in math and I went to the skatepark when they said I couldn't But I only did that because they said I can't go to the skatepark ever again.

Just tell him you will try harder next time. Study then bam show him your grades or just tell him you really are trying and stuff. i suck at math also so don't feel bad lol.

|

5/18/2013 12:28 PM

Why i ride is because i have always liked bikes because i could burn away all the pain life throws at me through the physical stimulation it provides. When i finally got serious about bmx and bought a bike that wasnt a haro x4 (my stolen) and started riding about this time last year (1 year riding baby all day every day!!) I probably have some type of ADD and ADHD because i can only concentrate well when i am moving. I am not super tall, im only like 5'10" and other sports would kick my ass. I tried to ball and i couldnt. haha im an awful team player, I am good at geometry, I love to build things, started with bionicles and worked my way up to bikes and cars, i like to act, and biking kinda can to that, i just love speed (not the drug the actual sensation of going fast), i was never really good at bmx before because i didnt really own a bmx bike and everyone else did it and were all head and shoulders above me, (i was like 9 and riding with people twice my age) they didnt mind me chilling with them because i would always pedal full speed at the jumps and get a bit of air and either wreck or do something nuts. I always watched them and wanted to pull stuff. I rode bikes so much through my life, i almost never wreck because i know what my bike will do at any point because i have wrecked in every way possible. It feels amazing to do tricks and to do it in general. i cant imagine doing anything else. Its manly, its tough, its rewarding, its intensive, its the best thing i have done in my life so far. So go tell your uncle, i ride because it takes away the pain of life, it makes me happy, im gonna do better in math, and i will show you in a month what it means for me to ride. Then go learn a bunch of crazy looking tricks that arent too complicated for people to understand (no turndowns and grinds because to them it looks as if you are eating shit). learn to go high, do 360s (make sure you got them to the point where you wont eat crap ever if you dont already. Show him whats up with a sick line. haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

5/18/2013 12:30 PM

These are my main reasons:
1. Bmx is a complete sport, and you can exercise all your body.
2. It´s really funny.
3. I relax and i forget all my problems.
4. I have got goals that i can beat.
Sorry, but your uncle is a fucking asshole for take your bike, and don´t give it to you. For me, grades aren´t a reason for take a bike. I get good marks, not awesomes, and for me, it doesn´t make any difference in my live. How oold are you? It is not the same get bad marks in maths when you are 12 and get them bad when your are 18....

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

5/18/2013 12:44 PM

T-rider wrote:

These are my main reasons:
1. Bmx is a complete sport, and you can exercise all your body.
2. It´s really funny.
3. I relax and i forget all my problems.
4. I have got goals that i can beat.
Sorry, but your uncle is a fucking asshole for take your bike, and don´t give it to you. For me, grades aren´t a reason for take a bike. I get good marks, not awesomes, and for me, it doesn´t make any difference in my live. How oold are you? It is not the same get bad marks in maths when you are 12 and get them bad when your are 18....

|

5/18/2013 5:38 PM

Just ask him if he'd rather you sit on your ass all day and smoke crack.

|

"if you feel yourself falling backwards, thrust forward like you would if you were indeed fucking your bike, and if youre falling forwards, push your legs while leaning back, like if you were pulling out from fucking your bike But dont, under any circumstances, actually fuck your bike" - EddiMundo

5/18/2013 9:03 PM

Just found out i'm never getting my bike back

|

5/18/2013 9:03 PM

Brownboys wrote:

WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

|

5/18/2013 9:07 PM

Ask your uncle what his favorite thing in the word is. Then tell him he's not allowed to do it ever again. See how he feels.

|

Ever in Palmyra/Hershey/Lebanon? Hit me up - 717-439-2789

Straight-Edge

5/18/2013 9:16 PM

Brownboys wrote:

Mikel8149 wrote:

WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Parents told my uncle to sell it

|

5/18/2013 9:16 PM

the "never" thing from adults, when you're a child, is complete BS. Eventually, you'll be an adult and you can make your own decisions. Until then, your parents/guardians pay the bills and make the rules.

You don't have much choice, honestly. Stop talking about your bike to the adults, bring your grades up and see what that does fr you.

I do find it odd that your uncle took your bike and not your parents. Unless your parents asked uncle to take it to his place cause they can't hide it.

I know my dad took my bike away when I had shit grades.

|

5/18/2013 9:23 PM

strange thread indeed

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

5/18/2013 9:25 PM

Brownboys wrote:

Mikel8149 wrote:

WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Brownboys wrote:

Bargain for it. They give it back if you bring your grades up and keep them up. If that doesn't work then rebel. Give up on everything they want and do only as you please and tell them it's their fault and they're hirrible parents that don't deserve a child

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/18/2013 9:25 PM

pnj wrote:

the "never" thing from adults, when you're a child, is complete BS. Eventually, you'll be an adult and you can make your own decisions. Until then, your parents/guardians pay the bills and make the rules.

You don't have much choice, honestly. Stop talking about your bike to the adults, bring your grades up and see what that does fr you.

I do find it odd that your uncle took your bike and not your parents. Unless your parents asked uncle to take it to his place cause they can't hide it.

I know my dad took my bike away when I had shit grades.

This. Never took my bike away just grounded me. Sucks.

|

5/18/2013 9:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/18/2013 9:43 PM

NVM

|

5/18/2013 9:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/18/2013 9:46 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Brownboys wrote:

tomdon wrote:

Bargain for it. They give it back if you bring your grades up and keep them up. If that doesn't work then rebel. Give up on everything they want and do only as you please and tell them it's their fault and they're hirrible parents that don't deserve a child

Well he should do better in school for himself no matter what. But other than that I agree. If they don't want to return your bike after you've done what they ask, then piss in their cereal. It's one thing to be punished for doing stupid shit, it's another to be fucked with and controlled for no good reason.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

5/18/2013 9:48 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

NVM

I read all of that and i thought it was good.

|

5/18/2013 9:51 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

NVM

Mikel8149 wrote:

Uncle sold the bike... no one really reads my posts so I don't even bother logging on anymore I just lurk

|

5/18/2013 9:51 PM

I say cap your uncle's bitch ass! haha wait.. illegal. umm go to your uncle's house and take it, ride far far away, then start a new home in the woods, just you and your bike, and see how it goes from there.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

5/18/2013 9:56 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

NVM

Mikel8149 wrote:

Aav1996 wrote:

Uncle sold the bike... no one really reads my posts so I don't even bother logging on anymore I just lurk

If you post a lot.. Eventually someone will reply.

|

5/18/2013 10:00 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

Aav1996 wrote:

Mikel8149 wrote:

If you post a lot.. Eventually someone will reply.

Not just that
.. just because you don't get replies doesn't mean nobody is reading your comments. And it's pretty much impossible to tell who has or who hasn't. If you've got something to say just say it. A wall of text don't scare me!

|