Why is riding brakeless so popular?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/30/2013 12:10 AM

I'm just wondering because riding without brakes seems a bit pointless because I mean they weigh shit all and the only really fuck up bars and tailwhips? I took my brakes off and all I found was that riding down the street was heaps scarier, but I cant bar or whip so who cares.

|

bicycle more like bikecycle

9/30/2013 12:21 AM

Riding brake less has become a bmx trend worldwide over the years, People do it to break the habit of pulling the brake lever when they are in the middle of a trick, especially when it comes to a manual.

|

9/30/2013 12:24 AM

JustFlatland wrote:

Riding brake less has become a bmx trend worldwide over the years, People do it to break the habit of pulling the brake lever when they are in the middle of a trick, especially when it comes to a manual.

Ohhhh. I see. Thanks man.

|

9/30/2013 12:30 AM

I just like the feel of the bike flowing.

Other riders see it as they can't pussy out

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

9/30/2013 5:59 AM

They are just too much work for me. I hate the maintaince. Granted it's not hard, but I'm just really lazy. But they come and go on my bike. I think I still prefer brakeless

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

9/30/2013 6:22 AM

cost too much, and look ugly, and its just another thing on my bike that can break.

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

9/30/2013 9:33 AM

all the reasons i ride brakeless have been stated already; less maintenance, one less thing i can use to bitch out of tricks, and it looks a lot cleaner with brakes.

i rode brakes for the first handful of years i rode, then one day just decided to take them off and give it a try when something on them broke. havent looked back since. i think not having brakes on your bike definitely teaches you some bike control.

|

http://grouphomebikes.com/

5050 Skatepark

text me for faster response 646 two four nine 2552

9/30/2013 9:52 AM

I personally ride a gyro setup. I love it and maintenance is a breeze. The reasons that people ride brakeless were mostly stated above. Reasons like not bitching out and too much weight are just stupid in my opinion, but to each his own. Any kid that barely hopped on their bike should leave their brakes on unless the brakes are a safety hazard (not too common) or if they are stopping your bike in a way that maintenance won't fix it. Brakes might be meant for safety, but there is a lot of fun tricks that you can perform with them.

|

The winners guide to tricks: Tuck-it, huck-it, or fuck-it!

My music:http://fxaudiorage.bandcamp.com/

9/30/2013 11:49 AM

Brakeless may not feel right for you, but it does for the majority of BMXers. It's not what I like and prefer either, but I respect that riders have different set up preferences (Not saying that you don't).

|

9/30/2013 12:06 PM

Its just another way to set up your bike

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

9/30/2013 12:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/30/2013 1:00 PM

FXAudioRage wrote:

I personally ride a gyro setup. I love it and maintenance is a breeze. The reasons that people ride brakeless were mostly stated above. Reasons like not bitching out and too much weight are just stupid in my opinion, but to each his own. Any kid that barely hopped on their bike should leave their brakes on unless the brakes are a safety hazard (not too common) or if they are stopping your bike in a way that maintenance won't fix it. Brakes might be meant for safety, but there is a lot of fun tricks that you can perform with them.

Absolutely THIS.

Front brakes are fun! (despite not using them currently)

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/30/2013 1:28 PM

You're not cool if you dont ride brakeless

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

9/30/2013 3:55 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

I guess I am lame.

Oh well.

tongue

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/30/2013 4:57 PM

I run brakes but my bikes completely apart so I might go breakeless when I put it together for a bit before I put my brakes back on. Brakeless does have a sort of flowy feel that you can't explain that's fun, and like said above one less thing to worry about on the bike but idk I switch back and forth every once in a while.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

9/30/2013 4:59 PM

Too heavy, and I'm lazy.

|

9/30/2013 5:00 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

I run brakes but my bikes completely apart so I might go breakeless when I put it together for a bit before I put my brakes back on. Brakeless does have a sort of flowy feel that you can't explain that's fun, and like said above one less thing to worry about on the bike but idk I switch back and forth every once in a while.

I tend to do this.

Fact: I was brakeless before 95% of the people on this site were riding at all. tongue

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/30/2013 5:07 PM

Improves bike control, im building a brakeless just to improve bike control.

|

9/30/2013 5:07 PM

My stock brakes wouldn't fit around my back tire so I just threw them away.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

9/30/2013 5:24 PM

Why do you give a fuck?

|

I have 75 cool points and 5 awesome points

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

9/30/2013 5:25 PM

brakes are annoying and it's more fun to ride with out them

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

9/30/2013 5:48 PM

i found that with out them my bike control increased quite a bit but the only down side i see from riding brakeless is how to stop i also think a bike looks clean with or without them i'm currently looking to get a pair to see if i want to ride them again

|

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith

9/30/2013 6:01 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

I guess I am lame.

Oh well.

tongue

It would make me lame too because i ride with brakes sad

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

9/30/2013 6:36 PM

i did it because my original brakes the straddle cable would pop off so id end up brakeless while flying down a hill thinking i could stop.. so i took them off.. then later on i got better brakes and just dont like them.. i do like to put brakes on for trails or if i know there will be alot of little kids there or like at all nighters were everybody is out of it...

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

9/30/2013 6:42 PM

Photo
|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

9/30/2013 6:46 PM

^^ MAH GOD THATS HILARIOUS

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

9/30/2013 7:32 PM

So Vans are now known as "Bitch Levers"? I mean that is the "brake" of choice for most of you guys...

:D

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/30/2013 7:49 PM

Going brakeless does teach you bike control but once you put the brakes back on after ages you'll have even more bike control. Well that's how it was for me at least.

|

My Old* Steed

Click here and follow me :D
Twitterrr

9/30/2013 11:08 PM

motogrizz wrote:

Why do you give a fuck?

Curiosity.

|

9/30/2013 11:16 PM

less stopping more going = good time

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

10/1/2013 8:01 AM

jacobf wrote:

Going brakeless does teach you bike control but once you put the brakes back on after ages you'll have even more bike control. Well that's how it was for me at least.

Same wih me, i first started riding brakeless then decided to use brakes and my bike control got alot better

|

Murica bike check