Why not?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/10/2013 9:43 PM

Why aren't dc and converse shoes popular in bmx? Dc makes some good riding shoes, my converses work great.

|

10/10/2013 9:43 PM

they suck lol.

|

10/10/2013 9:54 PM

DC dropped their BMX program so i wouldn't buy their shoes or support them

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

10/10/2013 9:57 PM

just stick to vans or etnies or lakai

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

10/10/2013 10:10 PM

Chrisaustin wrote:

No! ride converse biatch!!!

|

10/10/2013 10:12 PM

Chrisaustin wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

I love converse! But they dont grip my pedals

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

10/10/2013 10:13 PM

Chrisaustin wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

Chrisaustin wrote:

I ride primo super tenderizers

|

10/10/2013 10:16 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Chrisaustin wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

Shinners...... Fuck that must hurt

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

10/10/2013 10:18 PM

Chrisaustin wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

Chrisaustin wrote:

I got a shinner trying to crank flip. I was bleeding alot, I call it motivation. I.say "im gonna do it right, or get hurt" my friend has dents in his shin from trail mix pedals.

|

10/10/2013 10:22 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Chrisaustin wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

I got a shinner trying to crank flip. I was bleeding alot, I call it motivation. I.say "im gonna do it right, or get hurt" my friend has dents in his shin from trail mix pedals.

I run the trailmix.... Only got a shinner once... Too "motivated" to fuck up again

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

10/10/2013 10:26 PM

My vintage has bearclaw pedals, I got a shinner, the pedal went into the bone, left a u shaped scar for about 2 Years.

|

10/10/2013 10:28 PM

This turned into a shinner thread

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

10/10/2013 10:34 PM

Back in the day, we only had metal pedals with super sharp cages unless you rode a department store bike. I've got a ton of scars on my shins, calves, and even knees to prove it. It didn't take long to wear shin guards religiously. Taking one to the shins still hurts, but it's better than getting stitches. My brother has a leg that's really messed up from a old pair of Odyssey Black Widow pedals. He should've got stitches but he's pretty stubborn.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

10/10/2013 10:36 PM

Madtown608 wrote:

Back in the day, we only had metal pedals with super sharp cages unless you rode a department store bike. I've got a ton of scars on my shins, calves, and even knees to prove it. It didn't take long to wear shin guards religiously. Taking one to the shins still hurts, but it's better than getting stitches. My brother has a leg that's really messed up from a old pair of Odyssey Black Widow pedals. He should've got stitches but he's pretty stubborn.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

I raced on pedals like that... What you talking bout back in your day? They still use those now on race bikes ahah

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

10/10/2013 10:41 PM

^Naw, every one of my son's races we go to, novice racers use platform pedals and intermediate and up use clipless pedals. Maybe it's just a Midwest thing.

|

Winter is over-rated

10/10/2013 10:49 PM

Madtown608 wrote:

^Naw, every one of my son's races we go to, novice racers use platform pedals and intermediate and up use clipless pedals. Maybe it's just a Midwest thing.

Well.. I used those until I got the expert class.. then I hopped to clipless.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

10/10/2013 10:58 PM

Chrisaustin wrote:

Well.. I used those until I got the expert class.. then I hopped to clipless.

Sweet, I used to race with Crupi pedals. Clipless pedals were just coming about on the BMX race scene when I stopped racing in '97. I don't race anymore, just my son. I was riding plastics for a while on my street/park bike, but made the switch to metal again (platforms). Not gonna beat a dead horse about the specifics about it since there was a thread about it last night.

|

Winter is over-rated

10/10/2013 11:00 PM

Madtown608 wrote:

Sweet, I used to race with Crupi pedals. Clipless pedals were just coming about on the BMX race scene when I stopped racing in '97. I don't race anymore, just my son. I was riding plastics for a while on my street/park bike, but made the switch to metal again (platforms). Not gonna beat a dead horse about the specifics about it since there was a thread about it last night.

I haven't raced for awhile now.. which is a shame because I was damn good.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

10/10/2013 11:10 PM

Chrisaustin wrote:

I haven't raced for awhile now.. which is a shame because I was damn good.

I still get the bug whenever I go to my son's races every week, but that's where it stops. I was ranked number 1 in my state 2 years in a row and loved riding around with that number plate. I didn't place crap nationally though. I think I'd do pretty well if I started back up. No one really jumps anymore, especially the class and age I'd race. Everyone just pump, sprints, and manuals so it'd be fun to just air everything and have a good time. I'd manual the rhythm section though. A guy I was race buddies with, but he rode a few age classes above, used to backflip over tables in races. He did it in mains too. I miss that stuff. No one seems to throw freestyle in their races anymore.

|

Winter is over-rated

10/11/2013 8:35 AM

I got dcs right now but I usually run vans......these dcs are holding up well though

|

10/11/2013 11:02 AM

Mat Hoffman rides in Chucks.....nuff said

|

fack off

10/12/2013 2:15 PM

DC sucks ass

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

10/12/2013 2:24 PM

waaaaa they cut the bmx team cry me a fucking river.. Not a reason not to buy the shoe.. Then people buy payless DC's and say they suck.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

10/12/2013 2:26 PM

I ride dcs now and always have their a really strong riding shoe

|

10/12/2013 3:12 PM

I think people should look into BMX specific shoe brands more often. Like Lotek or something. I want to for sure.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

10/12/2013 3:15 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

I think people should look into BMX specific shoe brands more often. Like Lotek or something. I want to for sure.

to me it doesn't matter if the shoe holds up and works better ill ride it then a bmx shoe that wears out way quicker

|

10/12/2013 3:38 PM

I only support shoe companies that support BMX.

I really like my nikes

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

10/12/2013 4:42 PM

Fuck Dc.... isn't Dc owned by Rob dyrdek? Anywayz Rob Dyrdek made a bunch of "skate safe spots" which btw at times get filled with sketchy people so not exactly a "safe spot" AND whats worse..... He banned Bmx riders from his parks. Not to mention DC dropped their BMX team.... So why would I not buy DC branded shoes? Because they don't support BMX and in my opinion how can a company that doesn't support bmx produce the best stuff for BMX? They're in it for the money they could give two shits about the grip your shoes get against the pedals.....

Support brands that are not that known but support BMX. Almonds are great shoes I'm currently riding a pair and they hold up great. Support those who support what you do... don't go support some company who doesn't give a shit about you or your passion.

|

10/12/2013 4:58 PM

Now im buying a board, going to a "skate safe" park and going to act like a rage skater and fuck up the park.

|

10/12/2013 5:57 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

Fuck Dc.... isn't Dc owned by Rob dyrdek? Anywayz Rob Dyrdek made a bunch of "skate safe spots" which btw at times get filled with sketchy people so not exactly a "safe spot" AND whats worse..... He banned Bmx riders from his parks. Not to mention DC dropped their BMX team.... So why would I not buy DC branded shoes? Because they don't support BMX and in my opinion how can a company that doesn't support bmx produce the best stuff for BMX? They're in it for the money they could give two shits about the grip your shoes get against the pedals.....

Support brands that are not that known but support BMX. Almonds are great shoes I'm currently riding a pair and they hold up great. Support those who support what you do... don't go support some company who doesn't give a shit about you or your passion.

well said i have a friend who was on dcs dick and always said he wanted to be sponsored by them he says their shoes are great for riding i say they suck ass has anyone tried those new mike hooder sig shoes by lotek they look pretty sweet

|

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith