Why the hate on gloves?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/28/2019 8:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/28/2019 8:22 AM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Albert, I think you’ve taken this freestyle beverage conversation to the extreme. Put the alcohol down, come back when you sober up. Your embarrassing yourself ????

*You're* embarrassing yourself with improper grammar.

Just messin' with ya, man.

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

2/28/2019 8:15 PM

Gloves are fucking stupid its bmx not iceskating

|

13 years old

3/1/2019 4:59 AM

Krooked wrote:

One of the dumbest messages I've read on these forums, which is saying something.

|

3/1/2019 6:57 AM

Krooked wrote:

Yeah, definitely gotta be able to have a good grip on the bars when you're ice....skating....

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

3/1/2019 8:12 AM

Krooked wrote:

|

3/1/2019 10:16 AM

Fatalize wrote:

One of the dumbest messages I've read on these forums, which is saying something.

bonjour dumbass

|

13 years old

3/1/2019 11:01 AM

Krooked wrote:

This is a fuckwit statement

|

3/1/2019 11:06 AM

eskimojay wrote:

how? Its not 1992 anymore grips are actually *nice* now. all you need is a bike and a pair of shoes everything else is a gimmick. save the mittens for x games

|

13 years old

3/1/2019 11:22 AM

Krooked wrote:

how? Its not 1992 anymore grips are actually *nice* now. all you need is a bike and a pair of shoes everything else is a gimmick. save the mittens for x games

I’m over here, trying to blend in and not be noticed by Krooked: in my 1990’s vert knee pads, elbow guards, gloves, helmet, bar pad, stem pad, safety glasses, and steel toed shoes .....

|

3/1/2019 11:38 AM

Since time is a flat circle, it actually IS 1992 again. So...

|

3/1/2019 11:48 AM

my hands sweat really bad so I wore gloves when I rode so I could hold onto the damn bars.

|

3/1/2019 11:48 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Since time is a flat circle, it actually IS 1992 again. So...

Time, as we know it, is just a way of measuring the rate of events, typically just based around some arbitrary recurring astronomical event. So...

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/1/2019 12:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/1/2019 12:41 PM

I wear gloves mountain biking not on the BMX (unless it is cold out).

All I drink is beer, tequila, rum, whiskey, water, milk, juice, Red Bull and hot tea. Actually pretty much everything except wine and coffee...

|

3/1/2019 2:04 PM

Krooked wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

Krooked wrote:

You must ride turtle speed at foot tall ledges I’m assuming and never go fast enough to need protection for the palms when crashing

|

3/1/2019 5:53 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Krooked wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

You must ride turtle speed at foot tall ledges I’m assuming and never go fast enough to need protection for the palms when crashing

Lol! Yeah I was gonna say ? Crash at the bottom of a 12set onto slavs of coral n get back to me. After ripping so many gloves apart, i try my best not to have any crazy sessions without em. If im riding ledges on concrete or a lil skate plaza or something i might take them off, as gloveless IS more comfortable. But like i said in my first post “Tetanus aint cute”

|

3/20/2019 1:32 PM

They're like Condoms. You wear them when you need em'

|

3/20/2019 1:35 PM

surrealsickness wrote:

Really though, what's your preferred hot beverage?

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/20/2019 1:38 PM

surrealsickness wrote:

Just like condoms, u dont want any with holes. Say no to Fingerless, kids. Saw some yesterday n i judged him SO hard ?

|

3/20/2019 10:03 PM

I just saw my first laughing crying emoji on vital.

BMX is over selling my bike $350 obo

|

13 years old

3/20/2019 11:00 PM

surrealsickness wrote:

XxCAKEWOLFxX wrote:

Just like condoms, u dont want any with holes. Say no to Fingerless, kids. Saw some yesterday n i judged him SO hard ?

Lol, now I gotta start riding fingerless gloves!

|

3/22/2019 2:10 AM

Yeah nah I could do with some gloves. My hands don't like the recent warm weather one bit.

|

3/22/2019 6:45 AM

Krooked wrote:

I just saw my first laughing crying emoji on vital.

BMX is over selling my bike $350 obo

I'll trade you an oboe

|

3/23/2019 6:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/23/2019 6:43 AM

It is dumb. I'm old though, so whatever.

Edit: Wear gloves or not. I don't care but using "rawness" as an excuse is just silly. Especially if it's an excuse to talk shit about someone that does wear gloves. "That guy wears gloves, he's not street." - Dumb. There are comments like that from SAT wizards in this very thread.

|

3/23/2019 10:08 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

It is dumb. I'm old though, so whatever.

Edit: Wear gloves or not. I don't care but using "rawness" as an excuse is just silly. Especially if it's an excuse to talk shit about someone that does wear gloves. "That guy wears gloves, he's not street." - Dumb. There are comments like that from SAT wizards in this very thread.

The problem with people equating "street" with certain unacceptable equipment (gyro, brakes in general, gloves, pads, helmets, etc.)...Guess what a bike is...equipment. You cant do any "Street" riding without a bike. So if you want to get REAL street, you're gonna have to do parkour without any clothes or shoes.

If you ride obstacles in the city/town/suburb whatever, you are riding street. It doesn't matter how your bike is setup, what you're wearing, what type of kegal exercises your aunt does. You are riding street, simple as that.

|

3/24/2019 10:26 AM

Unless you are blasting tricks that are cool gloves make you look like a pussy

|

13 years old

3/24/2019 10:40 AM

Krooked wrote:

I'm so glad you came back to the forum to provide us with such thoughtful and valuable insights.

|

3/24/2019 11:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/24/2019 11:04 AM

Krooked wrote:

I'm taking this to heart...I am quitting bmx because you don't think gloves look cool.

I have a confession to make...I wear gloves.

I know you thought I was way cooler than Avril Lavine but I'm not, I'm a pussy. Sorry to get your hopes up and then shut them down in such dramatic fashion.

Guess I'll go start sewing celebrity clothing by hand and develop carpal tunnel.

|

3/24/2019 2:05 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

I'm taking this to heart...I am quitting bmx because you don't think gloves look cool.

I know you thought I was way cooler than Avril Lavine but I'm not, I'm a pussy. Sorry to get your hopes up and then shut them down in such dramatic fashion.

Guess I'll go start sewing celebrity clothing by hand and develop carpal tunnel.

Considering you wear a full face helmet, knowing that you wear gloves is not surprising

|

3/24/2019 2:59 PM

Krooked wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Swaggy P wrote:

Considering you wear a full face helmet, knowing that you wear gloves is not surprising

And knee/shin pads.

|

3/24/2019 4:06 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Swaggy P wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

And knee/shin pads.

Don't forget ankle braces

|

Hmmm