Why the hell do my hands always hurt?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/11/2018 7:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/11/2018 7:45 PM

So I've noticed my hands are starting to hurt ALOT while riding... I don't know why... it doesn't hurt while doing anything else with my hands like lifting heavy objects and what not... do any of you have this problem? If you did, and fixed the problem, WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO TO FIX IT!!?!??!?! My hand starts to hurt like hell... Oh and it's the same part on both hands that hurt...

Btw it's this part of my hand that hurts...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

3/11/2018 8:31 PM

Quit beating your dick so much that'll probably help

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

3/11/2018 8:34 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Hahahahaha nice... it's alright, my girl does it for me

|

3/11/2018 8:40 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

your girlfriend beats her dick for you?

|

3/11/2018 8:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/17/2018 2:58 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

your girlfriend beats her dick for you?

Yes. That's what I just said. Does your gf not do that for you?

But, btw I'm single, but that just means more money for bike parts! Yay!

|

3/11/2018 8:50 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Yes. That's what I just said. Does your gf not do that for you?

But, btw I'm single, but that just means more money for bike parts! Yay!

her dick though lolol

anyways, what's your upsweep? maybe you're leaning too much on those parts of your hands. if it's both, that tells me it likely wasn't from a fall but still could be.
|

3/11/2018 9:01 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote: her dick though lolol

anyways, what's your upsweep? maybe you're leaning too much on those parts of your hands. if it's both, that tells me it likely wasn't from a fall but still could be.

It's only 3° upsweep... nothing insane... but I know it's not from a crash because it's the same part on both hands and when ever I lift anything else, like while working out, bench pressing doesn't hurt that part of my hands... so I think it may be the upsweep... but the 3° up sweep isn't really alot... maybe I may have to find lower sweep bars....

|

3/11/2018 9:44 PM

I'd suggest you try building a set of jumps or some other form of manual labour to toughen them up; it's probably just due to the vibration of the bars which would mean you'd need to toughen them up a bit. It could also be because of your age; you're growing a lot very quickly at the moment which can cause a little pain/discomfort. Either way, I'd say your best bet is to try to toughen them up a bit.

|

My Sunday Soundwave Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork" - grumpySteve

3/11/2018 9:50 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

I'd suggest you try building a set of jumps or some other form of manual labour to toughen them up; it's probably just due to the vibration of the bars which would mean you'd need to toughen them up a bit. It could also be because of your age; you're growing a lot very quickly at the moment which can cause a little pain/discomfort. Either way, I'd say your best bet is to try to toughen them up a bit.

Ok... I mean, I wouldn't say I have "weak" hands by any means lol but I see what you mean...

But you don't think it could have anything to do with what Sunday said above? Because like I said it's just when I'm riding... so I feel it has something to do with the upsweep... I can't recall this same pain with my FuBars... but it has been a while since I've ridden my FuBars...

But I plan on riding again tomorrow so I'll see how they feel tomorrow...

|

3/11/2018 9:56 PM

did it start shortly after you switched bars? does it hurt when you put pressure on it, like take your other hand and squeeze the area

I fucked my hand up a month ago and it's just now getting back to normal, the same spot you hurt was super sensitive to put any weight on and even now if I squeeze it hard enough it still hurts a little.

|

3/11/2018 10:00 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Ok... I mean, I wouldn't say I have "weak" hands by any means lol but I see what you mean...

But you don't think it could have anything to do with what Sunday said above? Because like I said it's just when I'm riding... so I feel it has something to do with the upsweep... I can't recall this same pain with my FuBars... but it has been a while since I've ridden my FuBars...

But I plan on riding again tomorrow so I'll see how they feel tomorrow...

I'm not saying they're weak, although that could be part of it if we're being straight here. I'm saying they're likely "tender" as it's very rare nowadays for a kid your age to have tough, well-developed hands.

That could definitely be something to look at; your hands could be sitting badly. Try throwing the FuBars on if it persists tomorrow.

|

3/11/2018 10:07 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

I'm not saying they're weak, although that could be part of it if we're being straight here. I'm saying they're likely "tender" as it's very rare nowadays for a kid your age to have tough, well-developed hands.

That could definitely be something to look at; your hands could be sitting badly. Try throwing the FuBars on if it persists tomorrow.

Yeah I see what you mean bro... I feel it is the way my hands are sitting on the bars...

I would throw mu FuBars on, but they are long gone I sold them to @Bulletpup a while ago...

But the Odyssey Highway bars have caught my eye though May finally go 2 peice...

|

3/11/2018 10:14 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Yeah I see what you mean bro... I feel it is the way my hands are sitting on the bars...

I would throw mu FuBars on, but they are long gone I sold them to @Bulletpup a while ago...

But the Odyssey Highway bars have caught my eye though May finally go 2 peice...

Try changing where you hold. So if you hold at the bends, move your hands out a bit towards the ends or vice versa. If that fixes it, the upsweep is too much for how you normally hold the bars.

|

3/11/2018 10:23 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

did it start shortly after you switched bars? does it hurt when you put pressure on it, like take your other hand and squeeze the area

I fucked my hand up a month ago and it's just now getting back to normal, the same spot you hurt was super sensitive to put any weight on and even now if I squeeze it hard enough it still hurts a little.

Well I'm not sure how long they've been feeling like this actually... I've only started to pay attention the past couple days... but in going to ride them tomorrow and see what happens... if they keep hurting I'm getting new bars becasue my hands start to really fucking hurt ALOT....

|

3/11/2018 10:27 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Try changing where you hold. So if you hold at the bends, move your hands out a bit towards the ends or vice versa. If that fixes it, the upsweep is too much for how you normally hold the bars.

Yeah I was holding the bars more inward and then more out ward today as well to see what happened... and I noticed as I moved my hands all the way at the widest point of the bars, it felt better and as I moved inward it felt weird/worse... I hold in the middle of the grip, so around 28"-'27.5" wide... so I think I'm investing in new bars, yay I really liked the look of these bars... R.I.P Sunday Street Sweepers...

|

3/12/2018 2:50 AM

Do you lean on your hands a lot when coasting around? Like in a standing position on your pedals with both legs straight?
Try being more relaxed when you're not actually trying anything, put your weight on one leg, keep that leg straight and the other bent. You can lean your seat against your straight leg and take all the pressure off your hands

|

3/12/2018 4:11 AM

Honestly it has a lot to do with the way you ride. I mean it could also be the bars. In my experience it has everything to do with the way I ride tho because my hands have always hurt from riding and in 10+years of going through different bar and grip combinations it's never fully gone away and gets worse after long sessions. My hands hurt on the exact opposite side of yours like the meaty part under my thumb(the ball??) I haven't found anything to make it fully stop so I ignore it. And before someone else says the weak hands thing again Im 27 years old and swing a shovel 10+ hours 5 days a week all year long so that's not it. It doesn't happen when I'm doing road work so I know it's the way I ride but it's worth the pain and takes longer to set in while riding tranny versus street so I do that a little more in my old age hah

|

@coupd_tat

3/12/2018 6:22 AM

don’t be a puss , I’m in school for welding and my hands are always getting fucked , riding , and working out never helps but I don’t complain

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham

3/12/2018 6:27 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Do you lean on your hands a lot when coasting around? Like in a standing position on your pedals with both legs straight?
Try being more relaxed when you're not actually trying anything, put your weight on one leg, keep that leg straight and the other bent. You can lean your seat against your straight leg and take all the pressure off your hands

When I'm coasting I do have one leg straight and the other bent, with the straight leg against the seat... but my hands still hurt...

|

3/12/2018 6:28 AM

coupde_tat wrote:

Honestly it has a lot to do with the way you ride. I mean it could also be the bars. In my experience it has everything to do with the way I ride tho because my hands have always hurt from riding and in 10+years of going through different bar and grip combinations it's never fully gone away and gets worse after long sessions. My hands hurt on the exact opposite side of yours like the meaty part under my thumb(the ball??) I haven't found anything to make it fully stop so I ignore it. And before someone else says the weak hands thing again Im 27 years old and swing a shovel 10+ hours 5 days a week all year long so that's not it. It doesn't happen when I'm doing road work so I know it's the way I ride but it's worth the pain and takes longer to set in while riding tranny versus street so I do that a little more in my old age hah

Yeah I lt could be the way I ride as well.... like I said I'm going to go tide today and see what happens...

|

3/12/2018 6:31 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

don’t be a puss , I’m in school for welding and my hands are always getting fucked , riding , and working out never helps but I don’t complain

Trust me, I ain't no puss lmao It's just I dont want to completely fuck up my hands to where I have hand problems for the rest of my life...

Also off topic, but you said you're in welding class? In a few years in my senior year I'm taking welding, how do you like it?

|

3/12/2018 10:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/12/2018 10:52 AM

If your pinky goes numb or tingles, that is your ulnar nerve (funny bone nerve). You could try some different grips, try having a loose grip if you aren't doing something, try some gloves with padding designed to battle that, or try a combo of all things.

The upsweep of your bars can factor too. Same with height. If they are too low and you are over them pushing down when riding, try getting some slightly taller ones?

I would start with the loose grip when cruising, then go to grips and or gloves options.

|

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

3/12/2018 10:54 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Trust me, I ain't no puss lmao It's just I dont want to completely fuck up my hands to where I have hand problems for the rest of my life...

Also off topic, but you said you're in welding class? In a few years in my senior year I'm taking welding, how do you like it?

I went to college for welding over a decade ago and it was awesome! I wanna do it again to re-up my degree since I haven't been using it much.

I love working in a shop setting like that.

|

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

3/12/2018 11:14 AM

My hands do the hurt but that part of the hand you circled is where my grips always wear down first

|

Hmmm

3/12/2018 11:35 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

If your pinky goes numb or tingles, that is your ulnar nerve (funny bone nerve). You could try some different grips, try having a loose grip if you aren't doing something, try some gloves with padding designed to battle that, or try a combo of all things.

The upsweep of your bars can factor too. Same with height. If they are too low and you are over them pushing down when riding, try getting some slightly taller ones?

I would start with the loose grip when cruising, then go to grips and or gloves options.

I use ODI Longneck SS grips and I wear gloves 100% of the time I ride.... so I feel like my only option is different bars... I think I'm going to get the Odyssey Highway bars.... they are 9.5" tall and 1° upsweep... do you think that will help coming from 9" tall bars with 3° upsweep?

I'm 6'1"-6'2" btw...

|

3/12/2018 6:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/12/2018 6:39 PM

My hands and wrists always hurt...

My triceps have been growing from doing nollies into and out of every flat bank I come across. But thats just muscle building...and jerking my wifes dick off.

My fingers and thumbs hurt from grabbing the bars for like 6 hours and my wrists hurt from messing up and hopping a lot. Not sure it will go away or not. My body doesnt recover like it used to...

|

3/12/2018 6:46 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

My triceps have been growing from doing nollies into and out of every flat bank I come across. But thats just muscle building...and jerking my wifes dick off.

My fingers and thumbs hurt from grabbing the bars for like 6 hours and my wrists hurt from messing up and hopping a lot. Not sure it will go away or not. My body doesnt recover like it used to...

Yeah man that sucks...

I've been looking at the Highway bars like you have, how do you like them?

|

3/12/2018 7:28 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Yeah man that sucks...

Best bars i have ever felt. They dont feel like grabing a pole. They feel more ergonomic in a lot of ways than other bars i have felt.

|

3/13/2018 3:17 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Best bars i have ever felt. They dont feel like grabing a pole. They feel more ergonomic in a lot of ways than other bars i have felt.

^ That guy who goes to shops, just to walk around feeling up the bars...

|

3/13/2018 3:22 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Yeah man that sucks...

Bulletpup wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

^ That guy who goes to shops, just to walk around feeling up the bars...

*Broads. Oh wait no yeah bars.

|

Hmmm