Why tripod seats

Related:
Create New Tag

2/26/2015 10:26 PM

what is the point of a tripod seat, pivotal are the same weight but adjustable what is the purpose of a tripod seat???

|

The Redneck BMX Rider
Instagram:cruebmx

2/26/2015 10:32 PM

There isn't one , it's so companies can produce seats and not have to pay MacNeil royalties for the pattented pivitol seat

|

2/26/2015 10:32 PM

Well for starters, the Tripod design doesn't require royalty fees to use like the Pivotal design does.

And some people are apparently so anal about their bike they don't like the tiny hole on their seat for whatever reason.

|

2/26/2015 10:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/26/2015 10:46 PM

It was cheaper at the time for me. That's it.

Apparently it's stronger. I do see less broken tripod seats but its just a seat and tripods are relatively new.

Some people bitch about adjustability. But the two positions are literally the most common places people put their seats at and the more slack one is comfy.
I see tripod and pivotal as equal. Seriously. It's a seat.
One more thing, people like the cleaner look *cough* bullshit *cough*

Yes I've owned both.

|

2/27/2015 12:43 AM

what is the purpose / point asking the same question twice in one sentence?

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

2/27/2015 12:44 AM

eskimojay wrote:

There isn't one , it's so companies can produce seats and not have to pay MacNeil royalties for the pattented pivitol seat

Just about every company has already payed them..

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.