Wide or Narrow Bars?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/26/2013 4:42 AM

What's your preference? Personally I have 2 setups. 1 with a set of Haro bars cut down to about 22in width and the other a set of Animal Hyrone bars at 26.5in width. I notice all the kids are riding extra wide bars now and hardly see anyone with their bars cut down. When I was shopping for bars, width was my biggest concern. I ended up picking the Hyrones cause all the other bars seemed unnecessarily wide. (And cause i rep Animal hard son) How the f#ck do u throw barspins with 30 inch bars? Anyway my Haro bars were cut to fit my shoulder width and I rode those same bars for years. When I got the Hyrones I saw my bike control increase significantly and it made manuals easier. I just can't see myself riding bars any wider than those. So yea what's up with little kids riding huge bars and who still cuts their bars?

|

10/26/2013 6:16 AM

I haven't run bars over 28" and I don't see me going bigger ever. I find it all depends in the upsweep of the bars to if I cut them down. My odyssey 4x4's, bonedeth and bob bars feel perfect and I wouldn't want to cut them down. But my bennyl's and federal 2020's just didn't feel right from day one and they got cut down and felt slightly better both of these didn't have quite enough upsweep

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

10/26/2013 11:09 AM

I ride sunday bars that are cut to 26 wide. I hate wide bars they feel like complete shit. I dislike bars over 8.25 too. I doubt I'll ride anything over 27.

|

10/26/2013 1:57 PM

I like my bars between 28 and 29" Wide, so fairly wide.

|

10/26/2013 2:18 PM

I like mines at 27" but my current bars are 29" i think, im use to them now though but before they felt like crap

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

10/26/2013 2:20 PM

Just got 28x8.25 bars. Love em. Gonna add another headset spacer though.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/26/2013 2:28 PM

I've never cut anything. I might mess it up. If I absolutely had to do it, which I probably wouldn't, I'd have a professional auto place or bike shop do it.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

10/26/2013 3:32 PM

I've ridden 9 by 30 and the height felt good , but I found myself having my hands in towards the crossbar on my grips. I think it's more about hand placement and where you have your hand on your grip

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/26/2013 4:36 PM

I cut my 29 inch wide Butters to 27ish and it feels just right. I learned barspins with wide bars. but i just like more narrow bars so much more. Barspins are better and i like the way the leverage is better.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

10/26/2013 7:55 PM

I'm used to about 28.5 just because that's the way my handle bars came. They feel good but I think if I did barspins it would be hard since my frame is short.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

10/27/2013 10:14 AM

I put my old setup back together with my narrow bars and Hi-ten frame and had a hell of a session last night. Wide bars are cool and helped with my bike control but I highly recommended running bars that fit ur shoulder width. I've never done a barspin but now that im back on my custom bars i feel confident enough to go try them. I also hop better with these bars. I fell in love with my old setup all over again. Even though i have a new bike with all cromo parts I cant forget where i came from. I built muscle and confidence on my old heavy Haro so I plan to grind all winter on that then come out fresh when spring comes. And im sticking with my 8 year old bars till they rust away. In conclusion, no more wide bars for my main setup. Id only do them on a side bike

|

10/27/2013 2:13 PM

28 is perfect. Not too much, not too little.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

10/27/2013 5:59 PM

I'd go with 28 or 29, sure barspins will be harder but they'll look way better and you have more control with big bars.

|