Wider Bars and Grinds

Related:
Create New Tag

9/23/2016 12:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/23/2016 12:34 PM

Can wider bars give better control for grinds like feebles, doubles, smiths, icepicks, etc? And for technical stuff like switch feeble easy 1's? Or switch feeble easy 1 to fakie, hop up double peg?

I run a cassette too just to mention
As you might tell I like grind tricks haha

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

9/23/2016 12:45 PM

It's personal preference, some people say wide bars offer more stability, whereas I find they feel twitchy (less movement from my arms means greater movement of the front wheel). The width of your bars also depends on the width of your shoulders, so it's different for everyone

|

9/23/2016 4:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/23/2016 4:05 PM

I learned feebles on 9" bars and double pegs on 9.25" bars. IMO it doesn't make a difference unless you run like S&M Elevenz or something. Anything lower then 8" seems like it would be hard to grind with.

|

“Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen”
-Indiana Tom

9/23/2016 4:18 PM

Hopping into them feels different with big bars

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/23/2016 4:21 PM

I'm more interested in the width and side to side balance aspect of it all tbh

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

9/23/2016 6:12 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

It's personal preference, some people say wide bars offer more stability, whereas I find they feel twitchy (less movement from ...more

Narrow bars would be less arm movement for more wheel movement wouldn't it?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/23/2016 9:06 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Narrow bars would be less arm movement for more wheel movement wouldn't it?

I guess it's more of HOW you hold your bars. You could run 29.5" width bars and hold your hands in, say 26" width of your actual hand grip. Maybe you run 27" bars and hold them a bit more outwards resulting in a 26" width grip as well. At this point, there's no difference in the feel. Technically...

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

9/23/2016 10:49 PM

Wider bars gives more leverage, so to me it feels twitchy. I like having my arms pretty straight, but I grew up riding when it was cool to chop your bars down until you were holding the bend haha.

|