Wife needs new tires?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/9/2014 6:05 AM

Whats up guys? I bought my wife a girls Mongoose BMX from Walmart a few weeks ago so she can ride with me when I go hit the streets, yea I know its a shitty bike, but all she does is ride, jump speed bumps, and go up and down the ramps at the skate park. So Ive decided to buy her new tires cause the stock ones slip out alot and im having a tough time deciding on what tires to buy her that are not too expensive. Either Kenda Kontacts, Duo SVS, Maxxis Ringworm, or Maxxis Holy Roller. Remember, all she does is ride around, but she is a weight weenie, always complains about how heavy her bike is, but ill tackle that project later. Thanks!

|

2/9/2014 6:24 AM

I have been doing some research and there mixed stuff about the kontacts. Demolition Momentum are light toom id go with them if you can. If you cant id go with duo svs.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/9/2014 7:22 AM

Not to be harsh, but get her the same tires you have. She's your wife. She deserves at least the same kind of tires. Stop being a cheapskater.

|

2/9/2014 7:23 AM

^That

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

2/9/2014 8:08 AM

Yea, your right, ill have her look at some tires and see which one she likes

|

2/9/2014 8:41 AM

Give her your bike & she'll love you 4 ever.. plus gives you a reason to spend all that money on a new one for you. 2014 has some killer parts

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

2/9/2014 8:53 AM

any tire it's just a tire get something who cares.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

2/9/2014 8:55 AM

^ there are really bad tires out there man

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

2/9/2014 8:57 AM

T-rider wrote:

^ there are really bad tires out there man

i've had walmart tires on my mongooses they are good and better than paying like $40 for tires.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

2/9/2014 9:03 AM

Mikel8149 wrote:

i've had walmart tires on my mongooses they are good and better than paying like $40 for tires.

I am not talking to specific tires. And normal tires dont coest 40$ in usa. They do in spain.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

2/9/2014 9:10 AM

Dude why would buy good tires for a crappy ass walmart bike don't buy good tires for that bike just buy some kenda tires or duo tires and called it day tires are tires who cares. Listen to mikel he know what he talking about and me

|

2/9/2014 9:16 AM

Get smoother treads, Holy Rollers buzz on roads and are slower. This way she will enjoy coming with you rather than working her butt off to keep up.

But as others said, don't cheap out for her so much.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/9/2014 9:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2014 9:25 AM

Yea I know, I just dont want her to get hurt because I bought her some shitty tires, my very first bike was a blue Huffy and it had those old school dirt tires, Then I got my first real BMX, a white Huffy Sigma, that bike came with Kenda Kontacts and they took some abuse!

|

2/9/2014 9:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2014 9:28 AM

Dude just get her some kenda tires two kenda is like 25 plus shipping then your done and you and your wife can ride together like a happy couple. Plus dude you have more things to worry about like bills car insurers other stuff . So best bet is those kenda tires she got a mongoose .if you don't want her to get hurt buy her some knee and elbow pads and a helmet. Just get those duo svs tires they are good I got some on my bike.

|

2/9/2014 9:34 AM

I would go withe the DEMOLITION MOMENTUMS. They are grippy and light. I know you got the Walmrt bike beacuse it was cheap and whatever but you can still get some decent qaultiy bike shop bikes for cheap also. Its worth the extra penny.

|

2/9/2014 11:11 AM

michael.eckhart wrote:

I would go withe the DEMOLITION MOMENTUMS. They are grippy and light. I know you got the Walmrt bike beacuse it was cheap and ...more

They are good for about 6 months, then they start to get slick, but if she is hopping curbs and rolling around, she will be fine smile

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/9/2014 12:39 PM

michael.eckhart wrote:

I would go withe the DEMOLITION MOMENTUMS. They are grippy and light. I know you got the Walmrt bike beacuse it was cheap and ...more

dave lawrence wrote:

They are good for about 6 months, then they start to get slick, but if she is hopping curbs and rolling around, she will be ...more

THis. I rode a momentum for a long time (way way way way way longer than I should have. I think like a year and a half) It was the slippiest tire I ever rode.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

2/9/2014 2:35 PM

Pokemonbmx wrote:

Dude just get her some kenda tires two kenda is like 25 plus shipping then your done and you and your wife can ride together ...more

Shut the fuck up. Please.

To the OP, I have Primo WLTs now. Ive had them for a few weeks and they are the absolute most grippiest tires ive ever run (so far). The wrap around tread is SUPER nice, and has saved my ass multiple times. Im not used to being able to get my tires on their sidewalls without slipping out lol.

I had a Fit FAF 2.25 for over a year. It stayed extremely grippy the entire time I owned it and is very puncture resistant. I had glass, thorns, nails, you name it stuck in that tire and never once got a flat. I took it off because I got a good deal on the primos, but it still had atleast 50% tread left when I took it off. This tire will dry rot before it loses its tread. I would recommend this tire over anything for all terrain grip, durability, and looks.

I am very skeptical about trying new tires after my experience with the FAF and will most likely be grabbing another set when the primos are done.

Also, the bigger the tire, generally the more traction you have.
you should look into getting her a lighter quality bike like a WTP, Fit, or Sunday complete for around $300 which should come with decent tires aswell as suit her requirement for a lighter bike.

Best of luck, m8.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/9/2014 3:11 PM

Pokemonbmx wrote:

Dude just get her some kenda tires two kenda is like 25 plus shipping then your done and you and your wife can ride together ...more

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

To the OP, I have Primo WLTs now. Ive had them for a few weeks and they are the absolute most ...more

STFU Tim. Why is everybody telling him to buy this expensive tires for his wife she got a cheap ass Walmart bike that cost like 100. So she don't need great tires all you need to do is buy her some kenda or duo maxxies tires those would be great for the bike. Plus don't buy here no wtp fit or Sunday she don't even ride or do tricks no need to buy her a 300 bike all she does go up and down ramp like scooter kid no for those 300 bikes she fine want she got that mongoose and kenda duo and maxxies would be fine.

|

2/9/2014 3:17 PM

Pokemonbmx wrote:

STFU Tim. Why is everybody telling him to buy this expensive tires for his wife she got a cheap ass Walmart bike that cost ...more

Please learn to punctuate.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

2/9/2014 3:42 PM

Pokemonbmx wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

To the OP, I have Primo WLTs now. Ive had them for a few weeks and they are the absolute most ...more

Pokemonbmx wrote:

STFU Tim. Why is everybody telling him to buy this expensive tires for his wife she got a cheap ass Walmart bike that cost ...more

Your stupidity hurts me.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/9/2014 6:05 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Wlts are what came to mind when I saw this thread

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

2/9/2014 6:29 PM

STFU POKEMONBMX. Nobody wants kenda shittacts. Everything you post is poorly punctuated, wrong, and overall retarded. You are a Rattata. Tim is a level 100 shiny Charizard. Go get hyperbeamed.

|

2/9/2014 7:51 PM

DO NOT GET DUOSVS! They are GREAT for concrete and i had 2 sets of them but now that i am riding more park i am realizing how shitty they really are! I have slipped out countless times! You have to fight to keep it under control.. FAFS were considered the best tires for a VERY long time.

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

2/9/2014 8:00 PM

I would just bite the bullet and get some FAF's or Chase Hawks something decent because even if its a crappy bike at least she wont slip out like you were saying at the park and she might enjoy riding with you more.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

2/10/2014 6:19 AM

I have to agree a bit with pokemon bmx, she doesnt need a good bmx if she doesnt do tricks (and isnt going to). But nice tires are always good.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

2/10/2014 7:02 AM

About time some agree with me she don't need a good bmx bike if you want her to have a good bike then give her your bike and you buy you new one that sattle the deal you both would have good bike.

|

2/10/2014 7:43 AM

I say Demo Momentums or Fit FAFs.

|

IG: therealclintvessey

{\_/}
( • .•)
/-🚲

2/10/2014 7:49 AM

^Demos if she want light stuff.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

2/10/2014 8:04 AM

And if she wants it lighter, take off just the front brake, that way it's a little lighter, but she can still stop. Also, Is it the Fling 90 or the Fling 180?

|

IG: therealclintvessey

{\_/}
( • .•)
/-🚲