Will Cult Ak tires fit on a Cult os v3? What forks fit Cult Ak tires?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/13/2018 5:54 AM

I’ve heard that the ak tires fit newer cult frames and that the ak tires fit with the cult sect forks but I was wondering if anyone actually has run or does run the ak tire on a os v3 and if anyone has run these tires on different forks, thanks! Photo

|

11/13/2018 6:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/13/2018 6:11 AM

Go with something skinnier. 2.6 is way big. Get some 2.4 Donnasqueaks, they're great tires.

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

11/13/2018 6:17 AM

I put 2.3 inch grifters on my new bike. They were giant. 2.6 is like a snow bike.

|

11/13/2018 6:21 AM

this reminds me of when 2.25 tires were giant. get a 1.85 tire and haul ass

|

fack off

11/13/2018 6:33 AM

Thanks haha I actually have donnasqueaks on another bike but I kinda wanna give the 2.5 a shot for fun and I have a cult so I figured I’d give it a shot

|

11/13/2018 6:48 AM

Hugh_Kirkwood wrote:

Thanks haha I actually have donnasqueaks on another bike but I kinda wanna give the 2.5 a shot for fun and I have a cult so I figured I’d give it a shot

Nah the 2.5 turns into 2.6.

If you want to try 2.5s get some 2.4 Morrow tires, they inflate to 2.5

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

11/13/2018 7:20 AM

Hugh_Kirkwood wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Nah the 2.5 turns into 2.6.

If you want to try 2.5s get some 2.4 Morrow tires, they inflate to 2.5

I mean true, I guess since the ak tires are on sale I’m gonna get a pair and see what I think

|

11/13/2018 7:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/13/2018 7:47 PM

The Cult OS frame is what A.K has been riding for years since before the A.K tire came outthey just call it the Crew frame now, and he rides the Cult Sect forks. A.K tires Should fit the OS V3.

|

11/13/2018 8:54 PM

Phunny93 wrote:

The Cult OS frame is what A.K has been riding for years since before the A.K tire came outthey just call it the Crew frame now, and he rides the Cult Sect forks. A.K tires Should fit the OS V3.

Thanks man!

|

11/13/2018 9:26 PM

Rode a buddy's setup with 2.5" tires. Quite the scare compared to my 1.95" setup.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

11/13/2018 9:36 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Rode a buddy's setup with 2.5" tires. Quite the scare compared to my 1.95" setup.

I’ve always rode fat tires, just a preference I guess but I have a set of 2.2 shadow valor tires and I love them don’t get me wrong but it feels much different to my heavy fat tires so it makes them feel awkward to me

|

11/15/2018 3:55 PM

Fat tyres feel sluggish and slow as hell.

|

11/15/2018 5:13 PM

JmSBmX wrote:

Fat tyres feel sluggish and slow as hell.

Fat tires tend to be heavy. Heavy tires feel sluggish and slow. Not all fat tires (I'm talking around 2.3) are heavy though. Tires like that are nice and responsive, but with an extra amount of give when you land.

|

11/15/2018 5:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/15/2018 5:31 PM

JPC wrote:

Fat tires tend to be heavy. Heavy tires feel sluggish and slow. Not all fat tires (I'm talking around 2.3) are heavy though. Tires like that are nice and responsive, but with an extra amount of give when you land.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm rolling resistance. fatter tire = more rolling resistance = sluggish . especially if youre using lower PSI

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

11/15/2018 5:42 PM

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm rolling resistance. fatter tire = more rolling resistance = sluggish . especially if youre using lower PSI

Fatter tyre = greater diameter = similar rolling resistance...

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

11/15/2018 6:21 PM

Just a heads up that those tires are on sale for a reason!

A couple of my friends had them and got pinch flats nearly every session with them. They are paper thin & inflate ridiculously big.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/16/2018 10:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/16/2018 10:28 AM

I'm a person who rides some crusty ass bikes but tires that fat are GROSS

|

11/16/2018 10:33 AM

JPC wrote:

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Fatter tyre = greater diameter = similar rolling resistance...

I’ve rode both and I’ve gotta disagree , even 2.25s roll noticibly slower than 1.95s both pumped up to 100 psi

|

11/16/2018 10:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/16/2018 10:57 AM

eskimojay wrote:

I’ve rode both and I’ve gotta disagree , even 2.25s roll noticibly slower than 1.95s both pumped up to 100 psi

The only difference I can feel between 2.0 and 2.4 is when I'm turning. I've never had a problem holding speed with either.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

11/16/2018 11:37 AM

eskimojay wrote:

yep, i use to race NBL and theres a reason racers dont run fatter tires and its not because of weight. its just physics more contact patch you have more resistance.

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

11/16/2018 11:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/16/2018 11:50 AM

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM durometer differences = some tires are softer than others = higher coefficient of friction = making general statements is dumb.

I pulled off a 1.95 Primo V-Monster and replaced it with a 2.3 Maxxis Grifter. It resulted in a faster rolling set up. It's almost as if physics is complicated and you can't just spout off absolutes.

I didn't race NBL but I did take statics and dynamics classes in undergrad.

|

11/16/2018 11:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/16/2018 11:53 AM

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

yep, i use to race NBL and theres a reason racers dont run fatter tires and its not because of weight. its just physics more contact patch you have more resistance.

Not that much more. 1/4" extra width doesn't translate to 1/4" extra contact patch, simply due to the shape of a tyre. There is some extra contact but not as much as you might think.

I'd say weight is more of a factor in that decision than the contact area; heavier tyres make it harder to accelerate.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

11/16/2018 12:27 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

I'm a person who rides some crusty ass bikes but tires that fat are GROSS

Meh, I think the big tires go with his 10" bars and TL:
Photo

He even say's in his bike check that he likes his setup "Nifty, nimble and minimalist." .

Also, if anyone missed it he's got a new rough draft video that's pretty dope:

|

11/16/2018 1:39 PM

Fat tyres feel sluggish, because they're slow turning. It's not just about rolling resistance. Which has always baffled me about riders that want retardedly responsive frames with massive bars, then ruin it by putting fat tyres on.
Just learn to ride a bmx and stop trying to turn them into scooters and rocker bikes

|

11/16/2018 2:20 PM

JPC wrote:

I put 2.3 inch grifters on my new bike. They were giant. 2.6 is like a snow bike.

These are big tires. 2.6 will feel great depending on what you are doing with them. Photo

|

9/26/2019 12:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/26/2019 12:32 PM

Funny thread - only one person responded with an actual answer to the OP's questions.

"Fat tyres are sluggish and slow as hell"

Chase Hawk and Corey Walsh disagree.

|

9/26/2019 1:30 PM

Cult AKs are the shit. I love mine

|

9/26/2019 3:17 PM

Anyone know if they'll fit the chainstays/seatstays of an S&M ATF?

|

9/27/2019 2:36 PM

My brother has cult aks on a Sunday soundwave v1 and the wheel is slammed as fuck id imagine they’ll fit that frame fine

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit